Herbalist who has no herbs for sale?

+
Herbalist who has no herbs for sale?

Has anyone else encountered this herbalist?

View attachment 59161

He is located here:

View attachment 59171

You can talk to him, yet as he does not actually have anything for sale the shop screen doesn't open causing the dialogue options to reload.

Attachments

• Herbalist01.jpg
    Herbalist01.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Herbalist02.jpg
    Herbalist02.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 55
I was yesterday on such a situation. I don't know if that's the same guy. He was not on that location,
but he walked on the road.

The strange thing is, that the menu doesn't open if you ask him what he has to offer! (it just reloads the same words)

So, just like you.

I can check that out for you, later...

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Yes, that is exactly what happens if you talk to the herbalist in the screenshot. I'll check if he's still there if I go back.

EDIT -

I went back from another location in Velen, and he was still there - he also still 'refused' to sell herbs (i.e., the shop screen didn't open). This time around I also noticed a peasant nearby, fishing. I wonder if this location was intended as one of the 'abandoned sites' but was never fully developed. That wouldn't account for the travelling merchant without any wares, though.

Last edited:
Yeah, that sort of stuff has happened to me a few times with more than one merchant. However, I found that the problem could be solved simply by meditating a bit and then talking to them again.
Kind of like the blacksmith in Novigrad's fish market, who is often not there, but will appear if you meditate, or the blacksmith in Kaer Trolde, who, usually, at first, is impossible to interact with. But meditate and voilá, he's at your service.
At least on PS4, that's how it goes...

Yeah, that sort of stuff has happened to me a few times with more than one merchant. However, I found that the problem could be solved simply by meditating a bit and then talking to them again.
Kind of like the blacksmith in Novigrad's fish market, who is often not there, but will appear if you meditate, or the blacksmith in Kaer Trolde, who, usually, at first, is impossible to interact with. But meditate and voilá, he's at your service.
At least on PS4, that's how it goes

Yes, that trick has worked for me as well.

However, it did not solve the problem with that vendor on the street!

Top Bottom