Hey, don't forget your Katana!

+

Niatka

Forum regular
Yes the game is full of firearms and blades of all types, up to the electric phallus... but there are more conventional, more martial; the Katana.
my preferred mode of combat is Netrunner with Katana. it's giant in my opinion. I just finished my third new game / Corpo. I did, almost exclusively with a legendary Katana. Defeat with a Katana plus Hacking Adam Smasher is great, especially on hard mode.
If you want full contact, other than being hidden with a sniper rifle, Stealth mode and a Katana, then;
Don't forget your Katana!
maxresdefault.jpg

Agreed am also enjoying the katana build, at a higher level with the correct mods, I can slow time so by the time the enemies detect me I would have killed most of them ninja style :)

Yes the game is full of firearms and blades of all types, up to the electric phallus... but there are more conventional, more martial; the Katana.
my preferred mode of combat is Netrunner with Katana. it's giant in my opinion. I just finished my third new game / Corpo. I did, almost exclusively with a legendary Katana. Defeat with a Katana plus Hacking Adam Smasher is great, especially on hard mode.
If you want full contact, other than being hidden with a sniper rifle, Stealth mode and a Katana, then;
Don't forget your Katana!View attachment 11164430
It is a sad that the game does not have a thermal katana, although it was quite often seen in the gameplay video.
The only visual effect katana I had was falling out from tiger claws, and it had electric sparks, looked cool.

lynxir

Forum regular
Yeah, I occasionally enjoy using katanas as well... even though my netrunner build is currently so overpowered that I rarely even have to draw a weapon. But I definitely want to experiment more with the blade-build in a future playthrough, maybe as a streetkid. I thought it was kind of funny that you were gifted firearms left and right by NPCs ("You're a merc, right? Here, have another gun!") while I was just wishing for someone to present me with an awesome katana - maybe Takemura could have send me one for saving his ass, idk.

Last edited:
I switch to my Satori when gorilla arms stop working. Doing some sprint slashes are quite fun, too bad you can't screenshot them.

It is a sad that the game does not have a thermal katana, although it was quite often seen in the gameplay video.
The only visual effect katana I had was falling out from tiger claws, and it had electric sparks, looked cool.
You can actually use a save editor to get the thermal katana.
I did and have to say it looks great.

Guest 4531988

Don't forget your Katana!View attachment 11164430

There is more than one blade at least

Knifes, Some weird Maelstrom sword and the Katana.

There is literally only one LMG.

Also why is an Axe a blunt non-lethal weapon. Who in the world thinks an Ax is a blunt weapon much less non-lethal.

Also why is an Axe a blunt non-lethal weapon. Who in the world thinks an Ax is a blunt weapon much less non-lethal.
I asked myself the same question.
Obviously an axe is lethal, especially the model in the game. It is akin to the current tactical axes, combat axe.

I wish there were more sword options. Throw in a chinese jian like in fallout 3 & 4. Or maybe a simple long sword. Possibly a dao. My profile picture is niuweidao (chinese for oxtail dao). I practice ching yi martial arts in real life hence my love of chinese weapons.

I'm not a big fan of using a katana so if I used a blade I'd probably go for a kukri or the rectangular makeshift looking machete.

Edit: Sorry for complaining btw.

it's unfortunate that there aren't, strictly speaking, combos in saber combat. we only fight against the wind in fact.
every day, after my meditation {Zen} and withdrawal into myself I practice my movements {Katana} with a humble {Iaitō}.
in Japan I was educated with a particularly interesting mastery linking {Koryu and Kenjutsu}. obviously in a video game this becomes problematic.
however, in {Ghost of Tsushima} a nice compromise was found; to my delight. Yes, too bad that CP-2077 does not have in saber combat; a little more depth of mind.

notice; in Japan, sword fighting, even today, is more or less sacred. the disciples are numerous; those who practice it with great art are {few}.

Sword clashing would be cool.

It would be cool if you deflect and land a strike with the same sword swing.

Holding your sword in front of you isn't how I'd want to block in real life.

I could easily just dismiss that as game mechanics I guess. Only so much you can do with melee combat in a game this size.

IMG_20210705_182739.png

I actually prefer Katanas over Mantis Blades, because they are stronger, they feel faster and don't have that boring finishing animation.

If I'm not mistaken, I never get the decapitation animation, because I "one-shot" every enemies. Thanks to mods to provide 100% crit chances.
But that doesn't prevent seeing the heads fly :D

Top Bottom