Hidden caps all over

+
The game seem to have hard caps on several stats. This is a seperate issue than mods/perks not working.

1) Crit chance/damage on clothing mods. We know deadeye does not work at all. However it seems like there is a cap to 15% crit chance and 30% damage regardless. Even if you have a single piece of armor that gives you 60% crit damage (30% from bully, i guess 30% inherent), you will still get 30% crit damage increase. This is a good thing. We could be informed about it though.

2) Crit chance on occular system mods. This caps at 10% crit chance increase. You can stack 2 "weak spot detenction" mods but not 3. This could also be a bug, since you cannot stack mods on cyberware anywhere else as far as i know.

3) Attack speed on melee weapons. Katanas cap at 5 attacks per second. Blunt weapons at 4. You can craft/aquire them with max speed so all your invesment is completely useless. Even if you pick a katana with 4.5 speed, it reaches the cap with a sigle perk, making all the other available means to increase attack speed completely useless. Not good.

4) Movement speed seems to cap somewhere very early, making all the investment useless. Unless it is a bug, but i feel there is a cap there.

5) Armor/damage reduction. Damage reduction definetely caps at some point. Even on very hard with moderate armor you get almost no damage from bullets. However you get substantial damage from melee weapons. Testing wtih 7K armor vs 12K armor plus several other bonuses for taking less damage from the cold blood skill tree, i took exactly the same damage from melee weapons. It is fine to have a hard cap on damage reduction, but an indication on stat screen would help.

Obviously it has been discussed that half the perks do not work at all. Level 20 Cold Blood which is the most powerful lv.20 perk in theory, does not work at all. Same with level 20 Blades.

I understand that the game is ridiculously easy even as messed up as it is. However you cannot expect to turn it into an online game later with so many inconsistencies.

Top Bottom