Hidden in the Depths - Treasure Hunt quest bug

+
Hidden in the Depths - Treasure Hunt quest bug

I've searched the forums and there seems to be nothing on this post so i guess i will have the dubious pleasure of being the first to raise this issue.
It's not major, but nevertheless i figured it was worth it to post about it, with a view to it hopefully being fixed later on.
The location for this quest is marked by a question mark to the south-west of the town of Harviken. The corpse quest giver is on the coast of the island. The drill is more or less the same as with most treasure hunts. You find the dearly departed, respectfully search him, read the letter and then hunt for and find the treasure.

It's perhaps worth noting at this point that this the only treasure hunt quest I've found, which is high level enough to show up as a red skull warning for my level 26 Geralt, and with good reason, as there is something nasty guarding the loot.

But going back to the bug. For me the quest auto-completed the moment i read the letter. As soon as closed the letter, the quest was gone. The treasure was still there to be found and taken, and after a demanding fight with an enemy type which I've had more trouble with than any other, I did find and loot the loot. But that it seems had no effect on the already completed quest.

I've searched the forums and there seems to be nothing on this post so i guess i will have the dubious pleasure of being the first to raise this issue.
It's not major, but nevertheless i figured it was worth it to post about it, with a view to it hopefully being fixed later on.
The location for this quest is marked by a question mark to the south-west of the town of Harviken. The corpse quest giver is on the coast of the island. The drill is more or less the same as with most treasure hunts. You find the dearly departed, respectfully search him, read the letter and then hunt for and find the treasure.

It's perhaps worth noting at this point that this the only treasure hunt quest I've found, which is high level enough to show up as a red skull warning for my level 26 Geralt, and with good reason, as there is something nasty guarding the loot.

But going back to the bug. For me the quest auto-completed the moment i read the letter. As soon as closed the letter, the quest was gone. The treasure was still there to be found and taken, and after a demanding fight with an enemy type which I've had more trouble with than any other, I did find and loot the loot. But that it seems had no effect on the already completed quest.

Same here. I'm gonna reload from before I started the quest, otherwise I'll struggle to remember about it when I am high enough level.

K sure the quest completes BUT DO NOT sell the key, as the cavern next to the dead guy, the chest is in it. So dont worry, should warn you though that enemies in the cave are lvl 31.

Confirmed still bugged after Patch 1.07 (PC Steam Version)

Looting the body gives;

• Random loo item

The Message is in the Quest section and tells some story but once read the quest Updates then Completes before even moving.

The chest is actually in the cave Entrance just to the east of the dead body with shallow water, literally a few metres distance. You enter then swim a bit underwater.

The chest is facing you behind some rock as you emerge from the water. First you have to fight a level 31 Venomous Arachas and 4-5 level 9 Endrega Workers.

The chest glows red as quest items do but does nothing when looted as the quest is already scripted complete.

I want to mention one more bug or mistake I don't know but at the time of secondary mission I think Lord of Undvik I got hidden treasure mission near lake which is I think Shortcut or something like that & then I read the note but its not showing treasure location & that quest is still incomplete.

I think I have already loot that hidden treasure before getting that quest which is I think normal but then I think game should show that quest as completed after reading it location note if its already looted so please do that in next patches.

Great I found this...

Code:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46486-BUG-shortquest-SHORTCUT-quest-progression-bug

Bug still present in patch 1.11 - I'm very sure I found the cause of this. As it appears, the quest gets automatically completed if you have looted a particular Hidden Treasure chest prior to discovering this quest.
In my case, I have looted the body and the quest "Hidden in the Depths" appeared in my quest log. As the recommended level for the quest was too high for me, I decided to come back to the cave after I'm higher level.
Then, a few days later, the quest completed by looting a random Hidden Treasure chest south of Ard Skellig - the one between Kaer Muire, Fyresdal and Elverum Lighthouse:

I'm thinking this Hidden Treasure chest is somehow linked to the Hidden in the Depths quest. I hope this information will lead CDPR into the right direction to fixing this bug.

Thanks,
Adrian

Attachments

• hidden.jpg
    hidden.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 3,191
Last edited:
Thread necro! v1.32 and bug is still present:
1. Find corpse
2. Loot said corpse
3. Read letter
4. Quest completes soon as letter is closed
5. Venture into cave, defeat some tough enemies (high level compared to most of the beasties on Faroe anyway), find and loot chest in cave.

Top Bottom