Hide Crimes On The Map

+
This suggestion has probably been posted before, but I think it'd be a good idea to hide the blue crime markers on the map entirely...or make it an interface option. It would:
  • Encourage exploration; there is much to be seen in Night City and the surrounding sprawl.
  • Make "crimes in progress" appear more spontaneous than the everlasting events they currently are.
  • Increase, dare I say it, immersion.
I've completed one playthrough (107 hours) and one of the more enjoyable activities I undertook were long distance walks in the city, where V would happen upon these crime scenes randomly...it added to the "in the city" feel (minimap disabled). It's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but the option would be great for those who prefer to mesh into the NC society a bit more.

I'm going to try that - disabling the mini map.

I realize I basically spend my entire exploration looking at the top right and following the yellow/blue lines. Looking at red dots vs. grey dots. Silly when I think about it.

Map only when driving would be nice...

Visual indicators through the Kiroshi optics to help guide would be even better. :p
(I realize that the mini map is part of the optics - but it would be cool to have path overlays in 3D vision vs. dotted lines on 2D map, and only if you called them up with a button or something)

Map only when driving would be nice...

I play on triple monitors and it's a known bug that when you enter a new area or somebody calls or any activity occurs on the left side of the screen, the mini map disappears. That plus the minimap being generally incompetent while driving has trained me to not use the mini map while driving.

Just look for the marker on your screen and drive in that direction. It's way better immersion imo...

This would be great. And ANY more options than now to change and save the map legend settings.
For example:
– Hide the buyable cars
– Show undiscoverd jobs only

I still find it difficult to disable the minimap while driving, as unhelpful as it can be sometimes (the zoom); a hotkey option would be nice. No doubt a HUD mod will come along at some point; Gopher's (iHUD from the Elder Scrolls side) talked about making one if no one else does. But yea, the minimap kind of pushes one to play by the map and not by the world.

More useful utilities for the Kiroshi optics would be great...nightvision being the most obvious. ;)

I'm going to try that - disabling the mini map.

Top Bottom