High heels vs character-believability and respect

+
By your reasoning, I'd only be satisfied if Geralt comments on how ridiculous mounting that sword on her back is first. I'm willing to believe Ciri's past as a Rat has made her accustomed to fighting on heels, but what style of fighting could (realistically) take advantage of such a sword mounted like that?

I wouldn't mind.There are a lot of things to complain about for sure. I think she's trying to be more like Geralt and she uses her dagger most of the time since she's rarely in any danger anymore also she's a brat. I do prefer the W1 sword placement better with steel sword on the hip which you often use and the silver sword on the back which is rarely used.

Are you suggesting that if you're going to be a stickler for one thing you should be for everything? We could talk about Ves and how she hunts squirrels in that outfit(she also has high heels on but she isn't a main character) or Saskias unnecessary cleavage but those don't bother me so much.

30 pages in and still focusing on the heels. Wow.
We don't wanna go off-topic now do we?

@mefris http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/20...anigif_71b1414b10743d1071afd47cc2d60534-6.gif jk

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that if you're going to be a stickler for one thing you should be for everything?

If there aren't any differences (relevant to a given argument) between one thing and another, why not?

We don't wanna go off-topic now do we?

Caught my last line before I edited it out, huh? Curses!

@Jimmy_Qu It wouldn't be on-topic to discuss anything other than the heels. It could be fun to list down all the things we didn't like about the art direction on a new thread that might be fun. This game series is about to end anyway and it wouldn't really matter.
@yentri Oh believe me I love Witchers romanticist art direction, if I didn't I'd be in Kingdom Come : Deliverance forum right now. Even if Witcher is in a fantasy world it still follows real world laws like gravity and human anatomy. Believability...verisimilitude..blablabla

Last edited:

IsengrimR

It's not a simulation, geez.
It's a fantasy game. Leave some room for the *cool factor* or artistic freedom even.

Cool factor is swords on the back. Horridly impractical, in fact deadly to the user. But it's Witcher's lore.
Fantasy is magic, and monsters.
High heels, are not only impractical, but also have no place in the low fantasy setting.

It's not a matter of respect to women, let's not touch this subject, there's enough of, frankly bullshit, arguments over that.

Bottom line is, the devil lies in details. If you want to make world believable you need to pay attention to the details. High heels on a person that loves and excels at sword-fighting... that's not "fantasy" or "cool factor". That's just plain ridiculous.

Not really if it's her traveling suit, but well, we'll have to let it slide. CDPR are determined to use these heels as apparent from all the previous cases. Our calls for realism won't be heard ;)

in books she also traveled so what? Yennefer and high heels are lore friendly.

From what i remember, Sapkowski never wrote that she changed shoes when traveled.

Same way he didn't write that she didn't change them ;) And we can assume any reasonable person travels in comfortable suit and boots for riding. If they won't be comfortable - you'll hurt big deal in the end of the day...

Last edited:

This thread

Read the Ciri cosplay guide, nowhere does it say that she's dressed for battle, or that this is her combat dress. It says the finest materials but travel worn.She's dressed fashionably, a lot of decorations and fluff, and you don't know the story reasons why she's on the run like that.

A lot of noise over nothing, I'm sure CDPR artists know what they're doing Moderator: Stop there. Do not even think of vilifying members or their remarks. Not if you value your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom