High level monsters that were never there before, but are now.

+
High level monsters that were never there before, but are now.

Ok I have played through this game twice now. Both on regular and new game+ and complete HOS. I started a new game (regular mode) I have come across two monsters one with hp that takes seemingly extra long to bring down and one where a monster appeared but was never there in previous play through's.

1). In Velen there is a cave close to crook back bog where you encounter some specters and a vampire. To my surprise after defeating the vamp a level 35 Leshen appeared in the cave and totally whipped my ass. (Only on level 22 ATM). Leshen was never there before in previous play through's.

2). The sentinel that guards Avallac's secret cave used to be easy (well not to much trouble to defeat) now after chipping away at him for almost 15 mins he has only lost about 10% of his HP

Also what's the point of the level 60 Griffin in the Skellege Isles. I had killed him on previous play through's (just burned him with igni before it got nerfed by the patches ) only to get a sword that I already had a diagram for.

Tks

jj284b

Forum veteran
that leshen probably just respawned into cave or something.. usually he is walking around on the other side of that hill...

that leshen probably just respawned into cave or something.. usually he is walking around on the other side of that hill...

Well thats what I thought at first. Tried running around the cave to ( without killing the vamp ) and the Leshen does not spawn. He only spawns as soon as you kill the vamp.

jj284b

Forum veteran
i have killed that Vamp recently and no leshen respawned.. so it might be a glitch in your game

RageGT

Forum veteran
There is another exit from that Grotto. The Leshen wanders about north of there, usually.

Encountered this over the weekend and was wondering the same thing. The first time through the cave the Leshen spawned in my face right before I was about to to Aard on the blocking rock. I died. Then went through again and he didn't spawn until after I killed the vampire. I grabbed the loot and ran without trying to fight it.

Top Bottom