HIGH TEMPERATURE ON PC

+
I own an i7 7700k (without OC and Water Cooler 120mm) a 1080 8gb and 32gb ram
Even with OC my processor gets too hot getting 70 °-100 °
I tested it in other games like The Witcher 3 and the temperature was at maximum 70 °
Is it normal for cyberpunk2077 to heat up the CPU so much?

Guest 4478408

these temps are abnormal with a quality wc. at 100°C thermal throttling will kick in and severely reduce your cpu performance. boosting will stop long before that so even at 90°c you will lose performance compared to 70°c.

btw: your cpu getting hotter in cp77 then in w3 actually means that cp77 can utilize your cpu better and therefore is better optimized for your hardware. well, that and that it simply requires more processing power. in any case, having a game fully utilizing multi core cpu is a rather difficult task and something the game engines struggled with for a long time.

I've been hitting around 85-92C with my new computer, but some of that is I need more cooling in the case(First time working with a cpu/mb of this quality, AMD Ryzen 9 3900x).

I would also check if you need to clean out your computer, my old one had heating up issues(beyond the norm for this) due to a lot of dust on the fan and heatsink

Yeah, may look into that later, waiting on some fans to see if added air flow gets it down a little bit more to a comfortable level. Not looking to use my computer to cook food, lol.
Main reason I'm worried is Ark heated up my old computer more than CP2077 did. But that was also playing at the bare minimums for the requirements for CP2077.

My CPU is usually between 60º and 70º but it has gotten to have thermal peaks of 80º. And my PC is similar to yours although I use fans for cooling (and I have less RAM).

Check the guts of your PC in case you see anything strange and give your CPU a performance test. If the tests offer the same results as Cyberpunk 2077, it is time to give your CPU a complete maintenance and if this is not the case, contact CDPR to analyze your case because reaching 100º is a reason to worry.

Can't speak for Intel, but with Ryzen CPUs anything above 85°C is bad. Usually happens when manually overclocking while having PBO enabled.

Sounds
I own an i7 7700k (without OC and Water Cooler 120mm) a 1080 8gb and 32gb ram
Even with OC my processor gets too hot getting 70 °-100 °
I tested it in other games like The Witcher 3 and the temperature was at maximum 70 °
Is it normal for cyberpunk2077 to heat up the CPU so much?

Sounds like you need to re-seat your CPU.
Today I managed to get Afterburner's overlay working with Cyberpunk so I can see usage.
I am playing with an i7 6700K on air (Noctua NH-D14) and it never goes above 60°. It is not overclocked.
CPU usage seems to be around 70-80%

I would strong suggest investigating issues with your setup before complaining that games are are the cause.

Give us your pc specs.
1608686536778.png

Which is a water cooler, despite you saying "(without OC and Water Cooler 120mm)"

You need to remove your cooler and check the state of your cpu compound, it's probably dried out.
Clean and re-apply compound and test again. If there's no change, maybe your cooler is dying.

I assume you meant (without OC) and Water Cooler 120mm ?

Which is a water cooler, despite you saying "(without OC and Water Cooler 120mm)"

You need to remove your cooler and check the state of your cpu compound, it's probably dried out.
Clean and re-apply compound and test again. If there's no change, maybe your cooler is dying.

I assume you meant (without OC) and Water Cooler 120mm ?
I did it today

Do you use MSI Afterburner?
I found this earlier to get it the overlay to work with Cyberpunk.

Navigate to ...\ \Program Files\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates and open the "Global" file with Notepad as admin
(Open Notepad as admin first, then locate the file).

Ctrl+F to find "InjectionDelayTriggers"

At the end of the list, add GameOverlayRenderer64.dll,Galaxy.dll

(Above [Font])

Bit of a warning though, running this with steam makes Cyberpunk crash for me.
If you have it with steam, go to: steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64 and run it without steam ;)

Maybe seeing your cpu/gpu usage and temps in game might help. Could your gpu be overheating cpu for example?
Post automatically merged:

Thought I'd show you something, found somewhere with plenty of npc's to push the CPU usage:

96percent.png

I've been stood here since taking that for about 5 minutes and it's still around 60°

I guess i should mention I have a 1080ti and am running the game at 1080p Ultra. What are you running it it?
Post automatically merged:

If you can afford one and your case is big enough to fit one, ditch water cooling and get a Noctua!

My NH-D14 is 10 years old. It is silent and incredibly good at cooling.

Who needs water cooling ;)

Attachments

• 96percent.png
    96percent.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Top Bottom