Hjalmar doesn't appear at all

+
Hjalmar doesn't appear at all

Hi there, I'm having troubles and I hope you guys could help me please...

I've been doing the Cerys/Hjalmar quests, unfortunately, it looks like Hjalmar's quest is bugged or I'm just stupid and I'm missing something. I did everything : took the horn, saved Folan, checked the house where you have to "find" Hjalmar, followed the trail, reached Dorve ruins, killed the sirens and... he's not here.

Objective clearly says >help the stranger drive off the sirens< (it's in french on my screen) but the so-called stranger is not here and I'm alone with Folan. You can see that I even checked the dead guy on the right

I went to the cavern but you can't enter it without Hjalmar's help.

Did this happen to you ? Do you know how to fix it ? I try to reload and restart the quest but I have the same issue.

Thanks for the time and (I hope) your answers.

Have a good day !

PS : screenshot here : http://imgur.com/a/ZowJF

Welcome to the forums, Feyrgland!

I'm sorry that Hjalmar isn't here to greet you as well, but it seems like he's buggin'. :p

It is something I've heard of before, but it's a problem that continues to pop up in the game with random NPCs and quests from time to time.

0.) If using mods, disable and uninstall them.

1.) Try leaving the area and meditating to cardinal points on the clock (12, 3, 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, 9, etc.) Do this for an in-game day or two, then run on back and see if he's there.

2.) If that doesn't fix it, reload the game to a point before the whole King's Gambit quest appears in your journal. Play through again without fast-traveling anywhere, ensuring you don't skip any "steps" (even if you already know what to do).

3.) If that still doesn't fix it, loading further and further back is the safest option...but you can also search online for the quest stages, then use the console to try to force the quest stage. There is a great risk of borking other things by doing that, though.

Did you begin this playthrough using version 1.31, or did you begin playing an earlier version?

Hi SigilFey, thank you for your answer !

Nothing worked so far and unfortunately I don't have any save before King's Gambit, so right now I'll be looking for the quest stages as suggested.

(I began this playthrough using version 1.31)

Hi ImLittleSpoons, thank you for your answer !

The character behind Geralt is Folan (I stole his haircut :D)
I removed the only mod I had (it's just a tiny one with colored map markers) and Hjalmar is still not here.

Yep...it's busted. Send it into CDPR Support, if you wish. They might be able to trigger whatever didn't happen. (You are sure you never modded any quests or used a fast-travel mod, though? Just the hair mod?)

If reloading / re-playing doesn't fix it...I'm afraid there is but one thing left to do...

ImLittleSpoons;n8364890 said:
Is it just me or are there 2 Geralts in that image?

Heh heh heh... I didn't even notice that! Good eyes.

Top Bottom