Hold back your GOG review

+
It is not the game I was expecting and release went totally wrong. I'm prepared to wait a while to give them more time to make good on some of the promises or to fill the gaping holes.

But if it ain't good by February, I think I can kiss it good-bye. That'd be such a waste.

yes ! It's CDPR they have made a mistake but they made lots of good decisions before, so i will wait for the end of Feb. Then i will slam or praise this game :D
I still care about CDPR and hope they can surprise us.

Already wrote my Steam review... gotta judge the game as it is, not as it might be.

But unlike your Steam review, the GOG review can't be modified, that's the point of this thread.

If they could, I would write mine right away and update as the state of the game improves (or not).

Yes... The diamond in the rough. Its an absolutely huge one but is it riddled with flaws? Need to be able to see what it even is first, its colour now. Its not the gem we were told it was.

:p

DC9V

Forum veteran
Already wrote my Steam review... gotta judge the game as it is, not as it might be.
I'm still thinking to refund and switch over to steam, because GOG's lack of controller support... Do you think it's a good idea?

I'm still thinking to refund and switch over to steam, because GOG's lack of controller support... Do you think it's a good idea?
Hm, I dunno, don't use controllers... I quite liked the idea of GOG once, their games not having any DRM and stuff, but as of late, I'm no longer sure about them. You always can get controller support by other means, if that's your only concern, though. Other then that: Well, I have 337 games on Steam and, ahm, 4 on GOG, so...

Are you talking about something like Steam Big Picture for GOG? I mean, I play games that I have on GOG with a controller just fine, TW3, Cyberpunk etc...

I reviewed the product they sold me now. If they improve the game and want a revised review from me they can implement that basic feature into their launcher.

That’s what I came here to say, as well.

They get reviewed for the game they sold me. They want a better one? Either deliver the product you promised, or fix it and implement an edit button.

This whole “wait until they fix it” is a load. They might never fix it to the extent the game needs. And then by that time, everyone who was going to buy it and could have been dissuaded has already bought a lie.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Are you talking about something like Steam Big Picture for GOG? I mean, I play games that I have on GOG with a controller just fine, TW3, Cyberpunk etc...
I have a Sony DualSense controller and it doesn't work with any game from GOG that I've tested. On Steam however, the beta client supports this controller in many games natively, without the need of Steam's Controller Configuration Support aka Big Picture Controller Settings.
Post automatically merged:

Hm, I dunno, don't use controllers... I quite liked the idea of GOG once, their games not having any DRM and stuff, but as of late, I'm no longer sure about them. You always can get controller support by other means, if that's your only concern, though.
Yea that's true. I'll try DS4 Windows in combination with Durazno^2 if it won't get support. Usually I like to avoid emulating apps because I'm concerned that it potentially can be seen as cheating when playing competitive games. It could also increase the input lag.

Last edited:
The GOG store doesn't allow you to edit your review. If you're a fan of Cyberpunk 2077 and confident that it will improve, you might want to wait in order to give the game its well deserved stars.
>actually telling me what and when I can and can't review
>give the game its well deserved stars

The game gets reviewed when I pay $60, they deliver the game and I play the game. Not 2 months after transaction to give them a better score.

When I do work for a client they assess me at the time of me getting the job done. Releasing a game is them admitting the job was done.
Post automatically merged:

Just posted my 2 stars review. Thanks for a reminder! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom