Hold back your GOG review

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
>actually telling me what and when I can and can't review
>give the game its well deserved stars
:) I'm not trying to tell you what to do. It's just an advice for those who don't know that they cannot edit the GOG review.
And my intention is not to discuss weither or not this game deserves stars.

The GOG store doesn't allow you to edit your review. If you're a fan of Cyberpunk 2077 and confident that it will improve, you might want to wait in order to give the game its well deserved stars.

Too late for me :D Funny is I actualy gave the game 5 stars regardless all of the problems. I think conclusion in my stupid rushed review was that game has a lot of missing features, it's worse than TW3 - and less RP, but what they released is great foundation for what it can become in the future. 2 years from now with some DLC expansions this game might turn into timeless masterpiece.

Edit. This also explains why average score is only 3.8. Ton of people gave it 1 star becouse they coulnd't even launch the game at the release day.

It is incorrect to suggest that people withhold their word on a product that already launched.

The game is already out there for people to consume and form opinions about.
It being in a bad state right now and (hopefully) changing for the better in the future is irrelevant at this point.

And reviews are important for the company itself. Good or bad.

No. We got the game, we can voice opinions. Why should i wait when the game is already here? It's like EA releasing games without lootboxes and few months after, when all reviews are done, lootboxes appears in the game. Just another sort of trick. We, as players, can't do much a lot in situations like this but the spreading correct and true information about game, so people can hold their money next time till game will be released.

I have a Sony DualSense controller and it doesn't work with any game from GOG that I've tested. On Steam however, the beta client supports this controller in many games natively, without the need of Steam's Controller Configuration Support aka Big Picture Controller Settings.

Oh... Ya, I'm not sure about the new PS5 controller. I use an Xbox One controller on GOG and Steam with zero issues. So it's not like GOG doesn't support controllers, it's just that it probably hasn't added support for the new PS5 controller.

Wouldnt a flood of bad reviews, that eventually people would want to update to good reviews should the game be fixed and actually finished be...

A good thing?

Might make gog re-evaluate things and add the ability to update reviews.

Why not? The game is in stone, sold to you at 100%. This IS the finished product. This is what they sold you.

Because it isn't what was promised and it was so broken, its obvious its going to change. I'm prepared to wait until February to give my final word.

I do hear you though. The PR certainly broaches no concept of it being flawed in feature set, only performance and stability. Very disconcerting.

Hope this is a joke, I paid full price for a game that came out on December 10th, I'm waiting to beat the game (since I currently can not thanks to a wonderful game-breaking bug) and then I'll be leaving my honest review. I couldn't care less if they fix that broken thing in the next few months, I already bought the game and played it as it was sold to me.

I'm still thinking to refund and switch over to steam, because GOG's lack of controller support... Do you think it's a good idea?

I dunno whats going on with your launcher... but I have used multiple controllers on cyberpunk with no problem at all, and I have the GOG version. Care to clarify? What type of controller, how old is it.. drivers..etc?

DC9V

Forum veteran
What type of controller, how old is it.. drivers..etc?
I have a Sony DualSense controller and it doesn't work with any game from GOG that I've tested. On Steam however, the beta client supports this controller in many games natively, without the need of Steam's Controller Configuration Support aka Big Picture Controller Settings.
GOG beta 2.0.34

I'm holding my review still but, despite expected technical improvements, my disappointment with the game also includes the mixed signals sent in the design and presentation department, even if moderators state them as intentional. Hopefully we will get healthy set of modding tools, which would let the community fix some of these incongruences.

Currently my shower is a disaster. Someone was hired to retile and grout but it's unfinished and poorly done. He had from Monday to Friday, chose to show up late daily and rushed the application. Today he told the property owner he depended on his other people to help him and that's why poor quality. He's been trying to find a place to live and that's why he was showing up late and working little. As it currently stands he's fired and my shower has to be completely redone. He offered to do it free, he knows it's crap (tiles damaged, not lining up).

So who gives a #%"? and what's this got to do with anything?

Owner is still paying him what they agreed and said when he's willing to work and do it right he'll call again for future work. He never denied that he screwed up, he didn't shift blame and he offered to fix his mistakes at his cost.

Why is it two strangers can solve this so quickly and be so honest? Been seeing LOTS of people defending the programmers and claiming they had no choice. Bull. They made the wrong choice.

Own your shoddy work CDPR and lets talk restitution. In effect, as consumers of your product, you work for us. We can change that easily.

Actually Sid, the programmers have nothing to do with the current state of the game. It's those in charge of the schedule that forced the game to be released in the state it is in, probably to meet some financial goal. I see managers do it all the time and it usually blows on their face,

Case in point, the console non-starter bug-fest launch and the buggy but still playable PC release. Developers definitely needed more than a few months to polish but that Xmas fresh console launch was too much of a temptation for management I bet.

I guess I was just raised better. Nobody forces me to do crap work, it's a decision. I don't record a piece of music I'm unhappy with, I don't publish writing I feel is sub-par and I'd never do anything other than my best when paid for work. Your reputation is everything and only as good as your last work. Honor can never be stolen, only you choose to lose that.

Top Bottom