Holding Attack button

+
Holding Attack button

I've noticed that, at least when attacking with the Silver sword, if I hold the attack button instead of clicking it, a "fill-up bar" appears at the bottom of the screen, and when the bar is filled near to the centre (by holding the button) a light appears in Geralt's left hand. Unfortunately I have no idea what this does, does it power up the attack in any way? How am I supposed to use it?

My best guess is that it has something to do with the "Blinding" mentioned in the Fast Silver talent tree. But this effect also occurs when using the Strong Silver style, not just Fast Silver.

Here's a screenshot showing what it is I'm talking about
can't post a link unfortunately but yeah, it's basically a red, narrow parallelogram-like shape which bulges at the centre, and by holding the attack button you can fill up the bar and around the centre a bright white light suddenly appears. If I release the button then Geralt seems to just continue attacking as if nothing happens. Therefore I'm not sure what the purpose of that light is.

Still trying to get my head around this game!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've noticed that, at least when attacking with the Silver sword, if I hold the attack button instead of clicking it, a "fill-up bar" appears at the bottom of the screen, and when the bar is filled near to the centre (by holding the button) a light appears in Geralt's left hand. Unfortunately I have no idea what this does, does it power up the attack in any way? How am I supposed to use it?

My best guess is that it has something to do with the "Blinding" mentioned in the Fast Silver talent tree. But this effect also occurs when using the Strong Silver style, not just Fast Silver.

Here's a screenshot showing what it is I'm talking about
can't post a link unfortunately but yeah, it's basically a red, narrow parallelogram-like shape which bulges at the centre, and by holding the attack button you can fill up the bar and around the centre a bright white light suddenly appears. If I release the button then Geralt seems to just continue attacking as if nothing happens. Therefore I'm not sure what the purpose of that light is.

Still trying to get my head around this game!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ay, by holding the attack button, and allowing the diamond to charge fully, you power up your attack, to produce special attacks and status effects with the strike. These depend on what skills in which you've invested your character-points. This can also be done with signs: if you have invested in the advanced version of Igni, for example, by holding down the sign button, and allowing the diamond to charge fully, you can cast a ranged fire-ball, to hit your opponents from a distance. The diamond must be allowed to charge completely, though, in order for the advanced attacks to be successful.
Hope that explains some of it. Happy hunting.

Top Bottom