Holiday postcards

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
There's nothing like an old-school paper holiday card, right? I have a small stash of such that I reserved just for forum users!

If you'd like to get one, just write down in the comment below how do you imagine delivering such postcards in Night City (the crazier the story, the better) - I'll be selecting best entries and sending cards to their authors until I run out of supplies!

I'd say this is a nice way of delivering 1000 postcards per minute:

You can find information about how we'll process personal information of participants in the CD PROJEKT S.A. Privacy Policy.

This man was born to do the job. Elevators were never more important in Megabuildings than now.

People still remember the blackout from a couple of years ago, during holiday season. Just stairs, so the dude selling Silverhand's record in the lobby was the only one to get his mail - and that was the bill. Talk about bad luck.

20191213_163704.jpg

PS. No intentions of making fun at the disabled here. I see this guy as too lazy to walk, relying on technology; not a person with disability. If people find it offensive, I shall delete/change it accordingly. :)

Last edited:
As a Postman IRL i can get into this one LOL :ROFLMAO:

How about delivery in the Combat Zone ? In a Mail Tank with full armor skin like the Scav Boss . Only my standard issue Militech M221 Saratoga and wits to keep me safe from the Gangs .

Picture it...

A giant hot air balloon flies over the city...blaring techy synth holiday music and dropping delightful postcards to unsuspecting citizens below...

An unusual method, sure, but it’s a great way to deliver them and spread that holiday cheer!

Since paper and wood in general is a very limited and luxurious resource in Night City (I totally made this up and took the idea from BR 2049 :sneaky:) you'd first need to get the cards into NC without drawing too much attention.

A good way would be to smuggle the cards, sealed in plastic, inside the bodies of some poor choomba in need of some eddies.
1576279782294.png

If the cards arrive in a gang hideout without being discovered (very likely as they have their ways to get stuff in and out of the city) you'd now have to deliver them to the recipients.
Not easy, as there is for some reason a lot of competition to deliver this highly rare holiday cards.

Anyway, you wouldn't want to go on your own. So get a combat cap.
1576279477845.png

Or if you feel adventures and are out for a thrill. Get something fast.
1576279995848.png

Oh and bring some heat in case competition shows up.
1576280116986.png

Good look out there Cybermailman.

It's 2077, nothing is safe on the net. You never know who is monitoring your communications especially with a name made for yourself and an ever growing list of enemies. It's been harder in get in contact with your fixers and solos since you are drawing so much attention and you're constantly being watched. Nothing quite beats standard print on a post card for times like these. You go straight to your cyberdeck and load your favorite cipher program to encode your message. You write the message on the postcard you picked up from your last trip to Pacifica, an urgent rendezvous that needs to be secret. You grab a cred chip, gear up, and head to the streets to discretely pass your card and cred chip to your hired personal mail runner. The message will reach its destination safely, personal mail runners know the consequences of failure all too well.

So you've been fooled around for too long? then I guess you probably have your name encoded on a postcard.
In Night City, wanted = postcarded, so you better keep an eye out for mercenaries!

Put as many of them as you can inside a solid package, tie it to a drone and guide it crashing through the window of your target, give them just enough time to read your '' best wishes'' from the one you left on the outside then have the drone start playing "twinkle twinkle little star". As soon as the first stanza finishes the drone then sends him to the afterlife with a crackling boom, forcing the pachage open, flinging the cards in the air for all to see in a terryfing and spectacular fashion. Let them know you're an edgerunner, not FedEx, you'got style.

Being a mailman ain't easy, especially in a such dangerous place as Night City, that is why for the job you need a professional, someone that has undergone ruthless training, and mental conditioning, to them all that matters is getting that package delivered no matter the place nor the cost. People that sacrifice themselves for the greater good, for this cause the Pontar Delivery Service came to be. Their service provides a superhuman delivery man, a so called 'Packager', their body modification enable them to quickly scale buildings, almost 'fly' through it and at the same time granting the delivery protection from any criminals. However a new era is emerging, one where Packagers are less needed due to the rise of 3D printing on demand, How will the Packagers find themselves in this new world, a world that doesn't need them anymore but everyone turns away from them as they cant change their body modifications.Will the packagers find a new way to adapt and continue delivering or will they turn to the dark side of Night City, and become mercenaries for Hire in the Black Markets for delivering illegal goods? Find out soon in...... Packager 3 : Wild Delivery

Arasaka's christmas card sent to all their "clients" :
(yes I took the liberty to imagine the Arasaka company as a yakuza gang)

arasakaka CP77 by BabalKabak.jpg

@Agient
Riding around and delivering mails with style, I like it!

@CyberBrett
A professional! No ganger would be able to stop such postman. I'd like to see them try!

@Garrison72
Well, it's a good way to save time addressing each piece. If everybody gets the card, then people who were supposed to get them will be on that list. Economic, solid idea!

@SYNfulHailey
Bombarding people with holiday spirit, eh?

@sinister.sinner
This is a solid plan from start till the end. The key part is not being that poor choomba in need of eddies. I just hope cards aren't too sticky at the end!

@ReeseNE
That's a fair point! Can't hack these traditional bad boys, right? Unless somebody hacks the mail runner... but that would be his problem!

@JaggedJustice
Oooh, that's one way to make getting holiday wishes awkward. I like it!

@UnreadyPlayer2
Imagine waiting for Santa and getting a visit from a mercenary instead! Best not to be on the naughty list then!

@Sild
That's the kind of delivery you won't forget until the end of your life!

@Xazazell
I heard of him! They said he carried two pistols, one for gangers and another for drones. Can't wait to see him in action!

@PCDania
What is this? A crossover episode? Although, if somebody gets enough custom cyberware...

@BabalKabak
It might be a threat, but I see it as a promise that they wouldn't bother you until holidays are over. It's very nice of them <3

@betraymechino
I love the idea! On one hand it's traditional and vintage, on the other hand it's better, because they can be made bulletproof!

Welp, it would be a really hard choice to make and I have a lot of cards, so all of you will get one! Send me private messages with addresses where the postcards should be delivered!

I have more cards! Keep sending ideas, they're awesome!

We at Arasaka protect the businesses & neighborhoods you love, and we're always looking for new ways to better serve our shared communities. To show you all just how much we care, this year we've used our all pervasive security network to give Santa a much needed hand. This holiday season we are thrilled to send a fitting gift via covert Christmas drone direct to you, at the time our surveillance says you'll least suspect, have you been naughty or nice?

HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS*!!!!

Corp_Logo_Arasaka2077.png

* (as well as other timely holidays representable for a small fee)

In Night City, postmen are expensive. People use primarily holographic postcard send by some software, much cheaper. But when you need to use the good old method for someone you really care about, postmen are at your service. Mounted on their hoverboard, they are fast, like really fast. And they need to. There is always some thugs behind a corner waiting for the postman to pass. Because yes, sometimes they have very precious packages. To get rid off these bad guys, they need to have a katana and a pistol to defend themselves. But most of the time they are too quick to be stopped. During the delivery, they have of course your position in real time. If you don't open the door during the delivery, they don't wait. Time is money and the city is too dangerous for a postman to wait. So what can they do other than deliver the package in front of your door with some defense system attached to it (yeah explosives but it has an extra cost). They send you a code to deactivate the trap. If the delivery is stolen or explode, too bad for you. You had to be there.

Thank you CD Projekt for the journey. Waiting since 2012. See you in Night City April 16!

Best regards from Belgium.

Letters in cyberpunk could be the only not trackable way to deliver messages. Therefore the mailman must be discrete and well protected:
full-body conversion, cyberware that allows to store letters inside the mailman body so s/he looks like a normal citizen, but has precious messages inside his cyberware. Should you try to hack him, the system has a self-destruction option to keep people's secrets safe.

It will be delivered by the most obscure person of all time. While another delivery is being made and publicize as important to draw away from the most obscure person making the real delivery. Bodyguards and armor car and briefcase inside of briefcase inside of another briefcase attached to a person arm. The real person is making the delivery by foot and will take 25 years to delivery it that by the time it is delivered most of the known world would of forgotten about it. Even you.

Top Bottom