Holiday Recipe Contest — win a Winter Mug Set!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
The Holiday season is upon us! In its spirit, we’re giving away some Winter Mug Sets that can be bought in CDPR Store!

Help us warm up — share your favorite recipe for a winter beverage in this thread. The best ones will be rewarded! You can get creative, but make sure that it’s possible to recreate the recipe at home.

CDP_Store_social-1920x1080_EN.png

You have time until Friday, December 13th, 5 PM CET. Full rules and regulations are available here.

Ithlinne's white frost antidote

ithlinne anti cold.jpg

This great painting depicts Ithlinne inhaling the healing fumes from her freshly shaken anti dote against the common cold, human and nonhuman worst enemy! While clearing up her airways she joyfully throws away all her purple handkerchiefs, because she won't need them anymore!

Recipe

Ithlinne's white frost anti-dote creates a nice warmth and also helps when having a cold.
Creating it also emulates brewing a witcher potion which is extra nice, since the ginger root reminds me of Mandrake. Spicy mandrake!

ingredients:

# water
# Ginger root or when unavailable powdered ginger
# lemon
# Honey

preparation
# Cut up a 1 inch piece of ginger root into tiny parts (or use at least 3 teaspoons of powdered ginger)
and add 1 cup of boiled water to it. Put this for at least 30 minutes in a thermos flask
# After the 30 min have passed , add 1 tablespoon of fresly squeezed lemon
# Add 1 tablespoon of honey. ( I like the sharp ginger taste, but if you need to have it a bit sweeter just add more honey)
# stir it with a spoon, or like ithlinne did, shake it and enjoy your drink!

I hope you like it, it is also suitable (though not for minors) to infuse with some alcoholic beverages like 1 shot of whiskey, or some apple cider.

Kind regards from the Netherlands

Last edited:
🍎Toussaint’s Famous Mulled Apple Cider
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes 🍎

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups apple cider / apple juice
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 star anise
  • 4 whole cloves (Best when picked fresh or purchased from the Montebank Alley Herb Store)
  • 4 strips orange peel (Recommended: Pick oranges fresh from the Beauclair Palace Gardens)
  • (Optional) 4 oz brandy or rum (The Wine Market in San Sebastián has a wonderful array of products!)

Preparation:

• Boil together over an open fire in a copper kettle for approximately 30 minutes and serve warm with your favorite garnish.

☕
ToussaintCider.png

I'm not an artist by any means, but I had a lot of fun drawing my cider!

Last edited:
I am going against the cold trend here because Xmas in Australia is bloody HOT .

Sparkling Strawberry Cocktails

Ingredients

• 450g strawberries, hulled
  • 1 tablespoon icing sugar
  • Crushed ice (optional)
  • 2/3 cup (165ml) vodka, chilled
  • 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
Method
1. Place the strawberries and icing sugar in a blender or food processor and blend or process until mixture forms smooth puree.

2. Pass the puree through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard the seeds in the sieve. Cover the puree with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.

3. Half-fill 8 champagne flutes with the crushed ice, if using. Divide the chilled strawberry puree among the flutes, then top each with 1 tablespoon vodka. Top up with the sparkling wine.

One of the contest rules is that the recipe needs to be appropriate to show to minors. Alcohol is not for minors.

:beer: Golden milk (Vegan) :beer:
~ Literally an oldie but a goldie! ~
Golden milk, or gold milk, is a warming, spicy drink that is said to be anti-inflammatory and strengthen the immune system. But above all it is delicious! Black pepper helps the body absorb the turmeric's beneficial curcumin and is therfore an important ingredient.
Ingredients (2 cups)
  • 6dl / 2.5 cups of almond/cashew milk (preferably cashew milk)​
  • 2 pinches of cayenne pepper​
  • 2 pinches of ground cinnamon​
  • 2 pinches of vanilla powder​
  • 2 pinches of freshly ground black pepper​
  • 2 teaspoons of coconut oil​
  • 2 teaspoons of agave syrup​
  • 3 cm / 1.2 inches of fresh tumeric (or 3 teapoons of ground tumeric)​
  • 1 cm / 0.4 inches of fresh ginger​
Instructions (approx. 15min)
1. Heat the nut milk in a small saucepan with the spices, coconut oil and agave syrup. NOTE: It should not boil! :disapprove:

2. Peel and slice the tumeric and ginger thinly and place them in a blender. Pour over the warm nut milk and mix for about 1 minute into a smooth and foamy drink.
HOT TIP: Use thin plastic gloves when you are peeling and slicing the fresh tumeric to avoid discolouring your hands. You can even replace the agave syrup with honey but then it isn't vegan. :smart:

I know it must seem really excessive with the amount of ingredients, but you should be able to find all of them in any general grocery store. Another hot tip, check with family and friends if they have any of the ingredients to make a batch together. It will make a heck of a potion for the holidays! It's free from gluten, lactose, milk protein and eggs, and is suited for everyone! :coolstory:

Last edited:
Ithlinne's white frost antidote

My cold weather brew that creates a nice warmth also helps when having a cold.
Creating it also emulates brewing a witcher potion which is extra nice, since the ginger root reminds me of Mandrake. Spicy mandrake!

# Cut up a 1 inch piece of ginger root into tiny parts (or use at least 3 teaspoons of powdered ginger)
and add 1 cup of boiled water to it. Put this for at least 30 minutes in a thermos flask
# After the 30 min have passed , add 1 tablespoon of fresly squeezed lemon
# Add 1 tablespoon of honey. ( I like the sharp ginger taste, but if you need to have it a bit sweeter just add more honey)

I hope you like it, it is also suitable to infuse with some alcoholic beverages like 1 shot of whiskey, or some apple cider.

Kind regards from the Netherlands

Oh, I love ginger and it is cold enough today to try this. :cool:
Good luck with the contest and greetings from Germany

Okay no Alcohol :giggle: How about a simple Punch ? Perfect for a hot Xmas Down Under .

Punch
1 Get your punch bowl out of the cupboard .
2 Pour 1 litre bottle of Ginger Ale into the bowl .
3 Pour 1 litre bottle of Lemonade into the bowl .
4 Pour 1 litre bottle of fruit juice of your choice . ( i go for a mixed juice )
5 Add 500gram tin of mixed diced fruit into the bowl .
6 Add ice and stir to mix it all together .
7 Place into the fridge to keep cool .

Spider Murphys Hot Weefle Wiz

Step-by-step walkthrough
  • Get in the meat
  • Get the ingredients from your bag man
  • Mix 4 cups of apple and red grape juice
  • Sqeeze in 2 lemons and a juicy ripe orange
  • Add 6 cloves & 1 rod of cinnamon
  • Fini with a fix of nutmeg
  • Heat crispy and let chill for 10 while you whack some roaches
  • Enjoy, but don't D5W it, neh?
  • Jack back in

Pumpkin white hot chocolate

For 3 cups:
  • 90g white chocolate
  • 600mL milk (preferably whole milk)
  • 50g pumpkin puree
  • whipped cream (buy it or whip it, better)
  • crunchy caramel (sugar and optionally water, quantity changes if you want it liquid or crunchy, or you can just buy it)
  • cinnamon powder (optional)
  • 2 tea spoons of corn flour or all purpose flour (optional)

Chop white chocolate in small pieces and pour in a pot with half a cup of milk. Melt it at low heat (avoid boiling, preferably don't let it go above 65°C if you have a food termometer) often stirring to avoid it burns on the bottom.
Once you get a smooth sauce, add the rest of the milk followed by the pumpkin puree and stir to make it smooth.
Keep stirring at low heat until it gets as dense as you wish (adding a couple of tea spoons of corn flour can make it as dense as cream if you wish).
Once ready, pour the pumpkin hot chocolate in the cups, top the chocolate with whipped cream followed by caramel (crunchy or smooth, I prefer it crunchy to add an additional layer of flavour) and cinnamon powder (optional).

Crunchy caramel recipe:

Pour a spoon of sugar in a large pan and heat it until completely melt (slowly). Low temperature and not stirring are important. Move the pan so that the sugar is always well distributed on the bottom of the pan. Once the sugar is completely melt, add a second spoon and repeat until you obtain the quantity of caramel you desire. Once ready, use a spoon to pour the caramel directly on the hot chocolate or on baking paper if you wish to give it a nice shape and let it become solid before topping the chocolate with it.

Liquid caramel:

Follow the cruchy caramel recipe, but once ready add warm water and let it reach the boiling point. Whisk it until foam disappear.

Warm sugar milk

Ingredients:
Condensed milk
A dash of cinnamon
Oreo cookie

Preparation:
Add condensed milk to any cup size about 2/10 of the way
Pour in boiling water and fill cup to about 8/10 of the way
Add in a dash of cinnamon to taste and drop in 1-2 Oreo cookies flavor you want

Stir and wait until it cools a bit before sipping/drinking

Had to think about this for a while since there are so many options to choose from! Thinking about the holiday season one of my favorite memories is traveling through the winter markets with my family with a warm glühwein to chase the chill away and put me in the best holiday spirit :)

There is a nice non-alcoholic version I do as well.

Ingredients:
Orange Juice
Grape Juice
Cranberry Juice
Pomegranate Juice
Cinnamon Sticks
Mulling Mix [Orange, Cloves, Star Anise, Juniper Berries]

The first thing we need to do is make our mulling spice mixture. This is very similar to many glühweins out there.

-In a large pot add 2 cups of water, 1 cup of orange juice, 2 cinnamon sticks, and 1 star anise.
-Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low so that their is a mild simmer.
-Cut the orange in half and then add fresh orange juice to the mixture, save the halves!
-Add the 6 cloves to the halves and add to the mixture gently and then reduce the heat again, we want it to be warm but not quite simmering.
-Add 4 juniper berries to the mixture
-Next we'll add the juice blend that will represent our wine. Typically I will do 4 parts grape, 2 parts pomegranate, 1 part cranberry to simulate wine but it is all up to preference. The total liquid added should be about 750mL
-Let the mixture warm up and then ladle into mugs or cups and garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Cheers!

Top Bottom