Holster weapon should be more accessible for people with disabilities

+
Hi CDPR, I'm a player with a disability. I hope you'll make the double tap to holster easier (more time to double tap) or bind it to another seperated key - which is rebindable - on pc, because that's the only thing currently that frustrates me. Due to my disability Cerebral Palsy I can't double tap in 0.25 sec from the first trial. It often takes 10+ trials before I can holster my weapon. And for me, holstering the weapons via the weapon wheel also isn't an option. I can't play with my mouse. Luckily I am a software developer myself, so I already did add Camera Movement to the arrow keys, which wasn't a big deal. Thanks to this and some other tweaks to the keybinds I can play the game fairly easy. I only can't find a way to do the same with the problem I have with holster weapons.

They should have just kept what TW3 had; press 1 to draw sword, press 1 to sheath sword or press 2 to draw other sword etc. I had to look online to find out how to holster. Usually it is H. So many odd decisions were made here...

I really dislike double-tap inputs, so I've been looking into the config files to try to modify this. Only thing I've found regarding any "holster" action is in the 'inputContexts.xml' file, which looks like this:
Code:
 <multitap action="HolsterUnholster" count="1" uptime="0.125" downtime="0.125" />

I tried swapping it with the 'WeaponWheel' action, to try to make it so you double-tap for the weapon wheel and hold the button down for holstering. That disabled the weapon wheel in-game but made no changes to holstering, I still needed to double-tap the weapon wheel button to holster. Then I tried to simply comment out (disable) that line in the code and it still made no difference. Just thought I'd share my findings (or lack thereof), to save people some time. I plan on looking and prodding some more, but I'm afraid it's either somewhere in the game's archive or hardcoded in the exe.

Has anyone figured out the format of the game files archives?
Post automatically merged:

After banging my head against this for a few hours, I've given up. I've managed to seperate the 'SwitchItem' and 'WeaponWheel' actions to different buttons and adjusted so that you don't need to hold the weapon wheel button, but no matter what I do, the 'HolsterUnholster' action is always a double tap of 'SwitchItem_Button'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom