Holy Crap! There is a Bounty system like they said! Mercs came for me!

+
Yeah, police system isn't finished. We all know this. Time will tell how they change this or if they ever will.
In defense of the dev though, I'm sure this was their plan. Now why this was cut, I would most likely attribute it to making that
holiday release.
Post automatically merged:

Wait, seriously? So there's a fail state for getting caught? I have to try this.

I only tested this Pacifica, I don't know if the popo soawn with the drones in normal parts of city.

but in Pacifica, two drones spawn. If they don't get alerted no one else comes, its red, but they are searching and haven't spotted you. this is in a merc area.

If you have it available Short Circuit at higher levels works really well on mechs and drones.

yeah problem was I was max level, and its pretty hard to not trigger their aggro to begin with. Going back, to their area, they saw me pretty quickly. I'm not a fan of civilian murder, I was just testing out the Pacifica police system, trying to avoid getting caught. To keep testing I'd have had to shoot a poor teen and his mentor relaxing in a parking lot, I was like eeehhh tested enough.

yeah problem was I was max level, and its pretty hard to not trigger their aggro to begin with. Going back, to their area, they saw me pretty quickly. I'm not a fan of civilian murder, I was just testing out the Pacifica police system, trying to avoid getting caught. To keep testing I'd have had to shoot a poor teen and his mentor relaxing in a parking lot, I was like eeehhh tested enough.
Just being out that inner psychopath in you. Come on, everyone's doing it! lol.

Lol yeah, I'm doing a purely stealth netrunner build at the moment so if the opportunity arises I will test this out myself.

I did notice the drones popping up first and going into detection mode though, so there might be more to it.

I feel like we're seeing glimpses into systems that are half-way working as intended. Imagine what they'd be like if they
were working.

The title of this topic is such clickbait, and then it turns out it is a lie. There is no bounty system. It is the same police system but with different skins for cops.

Yeah odd tho.

I shot some tigercalws on the street. And I see somebody from accross opened fire on me - two NPCs, so I scanned them to see who they are and I see "merc". This was forever ago. So it's not even new adition.

But yeh, not exactly a bounty system.

I would rather say/ claim... what you have seen, is the remnant of the Bounty System
that was in at some point. Just another tile of the puzzle that does suit in because
of the cuts and forced launch.

That is my guess though.

What?! When do you have to fight MaxTac in the Sinnerman quest?

If you choose to kill Joshua right there at the accident site where you first meet (really you're just following the directions of the gig and Bill Jablonsky), you're going to find that line officer is really really tough. But if you overcome him, NCPD Crime Prevention will respond, i.e., drones plus beat cops teleporting in etc. I had to fight them off, which meant killing all of them, because I couldn't put enough rounds into the SUV (Joshua hadn't stepped out) in order to blow it up. Somewhere along the way, Rachel got into the crossfire and was killed. Between defeating CPS and killing a civvie, MaxTac was triggered. 3-4 MT, and I know because when I shot the last one down, she had a scripted line radioing back to dispatch MaxTac down, I'm the last one, need backup, right before Skippy coup de graced her. Only then could I switch to the Shingen and blow the Ragnar to Kingdom Come. That was about a 90 seconds of dodging, huffing MaxDoc and reloading for which I was happy I had added the combat mods to increase headshot damage and reduce reload times on Skippy.

Nah, police never have netrunners. I was getting lit on fire, dudes were rushing me...it was definitely a different feeling than the cops.
This is not true, the NCPD do have Netrunners. I saw two of them arresting two non NCPD Netrunners face down on the ground, performed a scan to identify them and it said NCPD Netrunners. I just decided for the hell of it to take them out and I was at the city center and four turrets dropped from a nearby structure walkway and opened fire three drones and about two dozen officers spawned in to take me down and I cleaned the floor with them.

Poor Joshua, he didn't deserve this...or did he?

I played it once all the way to the end. I watched but didn't see participate. It was disturbing, so on this playthrough I decided to take the short and simple route. Not so much for that silly truck I was driving though. Even with Realistic Driving Mod, I ended up running over two pedestrians. Sigh.

This is not true, the NCPD do have Netrunners. I saw two of them arresting two non NCPD Netrunners face down on the ground, performed a scan to identify them and it said NCPD Netrunners. I just decided for the hell of it to take them out and I was at the city center and four turrets dropped from a nearby structure walkway and opened fire three drones and about two dozen officers spawned in to take me down and I cleaned the floor with them.
Police never have netrunners when you commit a crime. Yes, there are netrunners in the world.

I think so, only in some parts of Pacifica the police replaced by the afterlife mercs.

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Top Bottom