Holy Crap! There is a Bounty system like they said! Mercs came for me!

+
I was in Pacifica just mopping up gangs but before that I went up against the cops and won.
Well, I shot a cop accidently a little while after this Max Tac didn't come for me this time. No cops at all. Actual MERCS came for me.
They had netrunners, fully modded assualt type dudes but their affiliation was "Afterlife". It was so much fun. I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAT??????
Mercs actually come after you, they didn't LIE!!!! It must happen after you keep kicking the cops asses.

I have seen Afterlife-affiliated mercs in the world, but they were just hanging out and didn't attack me. Are you sure they were after you and not just out in the world?

I manage to see the mercs there one time too, but i thought it was just another gang that was there.

Cops don't go to Pacifica so when you break the law there, Afterlife mercs show up instead.
Correction, "Cop should not be on Pacifica", because they go there yes.

I have seen Afterlife-affiliated mercs in the world, but they were just hanging out and didn't attack me. Are you sure they were after you and not just out in the world?
I can confirm about mercs coming after V after getting high wanted level too. I am 100% confident about them spawning only when I got a wanted level.

I was in Pacifica just mopping up gangs but before that I went up against the cops and won.
Well, I shot a cop accidently a little while after this Max Tac didn't come for me this time. No cops at all. Actual MERCS came for me.
They had netrunners, fully modded assualt type dudes but their affiliation was "Afterlife". It was so much fun. I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAT??????
Mercs actually come after you, they didn't LIE!!!! It must happen after you keep kicking the cops asses.

its related to where you are in Pacifica, the cops dont go everywhere. basically the ncpd drone flags you and the afterlife mercs come. I think the city cops are stronger though.

Were you able to loot the mercs? It's disappointing after having fought off an entire MaxTac team (Sinnerman) that nothing was available.

I've just tried wreaking havoc in Pacifica.

One star - NCPD arrives.
More stars - MAC-TAC or some mercenaries.

Here are the shots (the same shooting, the same area of Pacifica):

cyber_pacifica_max_tac3.jpg

cyber_pacifica_max_tac.jpg

cyber_pacifica_max_tac2.jpg

Of course, I would not call it "a bounty system". It's the same police spawning from thin air. Just with different skins.

But are they stronger with new skills and weapons or are they truly the same with a texture swap?
I ran into I GUESS the Mac-TAC (came for me as I was testing a new sniper gun in the city ) and thought hey these cops are harder to fight not realizing they were not really the police until I read this thread.

I had thought wow they got a higher division of the cops with some high level cybergear (some were sidestepping like the flash and their guns hurt).

That only happens in Pacifica as there is not NCPD presence.

Not the point of the post. What the developers said was true. Perhaps not to the degree in which some of you
cooked up in your head, but the Mercenaries do come for you.

Also, why does someone keep saying there's no bounty system? If you kill a ganger you get eddies which is given to
you as a bounty pay out. I swear, if CDPR doesn't deliver the systems precisely how you envisioned it, they are lying trashhats. If you piss off the cops they retaliate. Makes sense. If you kick the cops ass they send Mercenaries after you. That is exactly what the CDPR developer said in the interview. Can someone please find that interview.
Post automatically merged:

That only happens in Pacifica as there is not NCPD presence.
Not true, I fought cops just before on the beach in Pacifica. The only reason Mercenaries came, was because I shot a cop accidently in the cross fire with some VB. They'll only come if you win a round with the cops.

I've just tried wreaking havoc in Pacifica.

One star - NCPD arrives.
More stars - MAC-TAC or some mercenaries.

Here are the shots (the same shooting, the same area of Pacifica):

View attachment 11174579

View attachment 11174573

View attachment 11174576

Of course, I would not call it "a bounty system". It's the same police spawning from thin air. Just with different skins.
Nah, police never have netrunners. I was getting lit on fire, dudes were rushing me...it was definitely a different feeling than the cops.

There are police netrunners, you can even see them "stooping" as some of the idle cops do on the street, or clustered around a crime scene. To your point, I haven't had an NCPD response that specifically included Netrunners but that doesn't mean anything, as I've also had my "Location Revealed" when I've managed to hide but not escaped the "area of interest" to lose the hot pursuit status.

If you kick the cops ass they send Mercenaries after you.

I would not say that the police "sends" mercenaries. Mercenaries just spawn behind your back immediately. They do not try to find you and hunt you down. The do not follow you through the city. Even the last two Assasin's Creed games have more sophisticated (although still quite simple) and interesting wanted system with mercenaries that try to find you and kill you.

That is exactly what the CDPR developer said in the interview. Can someone please find that interview.

Here we go:

A) An interview with Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, a quest director (June 13, 2019):

Check 14:00.

Depending on the district you're in different kind of force will try to attack you if they see you doing this [driving into the crowd]. For example, you might imagine in the downtown you will be handled either by the corporate security or by the police. However, in the places like Pacifica, which is off limits to the police, the gangs will [attack you].

Well, what we have right now is quite different from what he says:

1) The police attacks the player not only when they SEE us committing a crime. They attack each time and everywhere, even if they are not around and even if they do not see us committing a crime.
2) As far as I know, the corporate security does not attack us if we commit a crime (only if we attack them).
3) As far as I know, the gangs do not attack us if we commit a crime (only if we attack them).
4) The police (NCPD) does come after us in Pacifica. Along with MAX-TAC and some mercenaries. Not gangs.

B) An interview with Alvin Liu from CDPR (Jul 17, 2019)

- If you commit crimes, is the police coming after you? How does your 'outlaw system' work?
- The way that works is that they are basically up for hire, basically, the laws exist to take bribes from corporations. So a corporation might pass a law that you can't sell medicine anymore, and they're going to enforce it. The only reason they got that law passed was that they bribed the government and they're only using it as a proxy. So it's not a place where you want to trust the government necessarily. There probably are some good people out there also, but it's a city of people trying to constantly get one up on each other.

We have a system that we're still iterating upon. People will, you know, not be nice to you if you start killing many people. There are some people you can't kill because that might have blocked a quest and that's just by design, but it's not what our game is based upon. So I would compare it to The Witcher 3 where if you chopped off the head of a villager in the middle of nowhere the guards wouldn't show up out of nowhere. But if you're in a big town and someone from the guard sees you and the people nearby run away screaming for help, people will come and try to stop you and they're going to be usually pretty powerful. We also have what we call the Trauma Team.

Let me repeat:

So I would compare it to The Witcher 3 where if you chopped off the head of a villager in the middle of nowhere the guards wouldn't show up out of nowhere.

It's nothing like that in the game. It's exactly the opposite. The police shows up out of nowhere.

- Is it possible to get arrested and go to jail after committing enough crimes?
- Sorry, I can't spoil anything about that.

Well, there was nothing to spoil. The answer is simple: no.

He also says some other interesting things:

- I imagine the NPCs have daily routines, too.

- Indeed. Of course, if you followed someone for fifteen hours, you might see the same thing repeated a few times. But we're trying to make them do interesting stuff.

Can you follow NPC in the game and see the same thing repeated ONLY a few times during 15 hours?

-Is the whole of Night City open from the start? Or is it like unlocked over time?

- We're not going to have this locked, invisible wall where you can't go past it because we show a message on the screen saying you must go back. It doesn't make sense, right? It's like I just crossed the street, what's the issue? So we won't have anything like that.

There are no invisible walls in the game? (BTW, I am not talking only about Badlands. E.g. huge part of Pacifica is blocked off with invisible walls. There are also many other areas, especially the ones that are close to a monorail track, that I could not explore in the main part of the city because of invisible walls).

- Of course you can look in the mirror and see yourself through reflections, right?

Yeah, yeah, that'll be really cool. I think the character customization is going to be really well received. When you go unlock the super rare outfits you get because you have super high street grad and you have a high reputation with a local gang, we want to make sure that you can see that.

Can we have a low or high reputation with some local gang? Can we see ourselves through reflections (beside mirrors)?

We can justify that because you look super cool, so you get more street cred game. It's like, hey, you get more street cred experience because you looked cool killing someone. And that to us is a cool balance for items that might make no sense combat wise but because of that, you earn more reputation doing it, which actually makes sense gameplay-wise.

Are we getting more street cred experience for wearing certain outfits while killing?

Etc.

Last edited:
I had situations in Pacifica when they actually come too but also some bugs I think when normal police spawns. Weird but I don't care because the police system is not even done.

I would not say that the police "sends" mercenaries. Mercenaries just spawn behind your back immediately. They do not try to find you and hunt you down. The do not follow you through the city. Even the last two Assasin's Creed games have more sophisticated (although still quite simple) and interesting wanted system with mercenaries that try to find you and kill you.

Here we go:

A) An interview with Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, a quest director (June 13, 2019):

Check 14:00.

Well, what we have right now is quite different from what he says:

1) The police attacks the player not only when they SEE us committing a crime. They attack each time and everywhere, even if they are not around and even if they do not see us committing a crime.
2) As far as I know, the corporate security does not attack us if we commit a crime (only if we attack them).
3) As far as I know, the gangs do not attack us if we commit a crime (only if we attack them).
4) The police (NCPD) does come after us in Pacifica. Along with MAX-TAC and some mercenaries. Not gangs.

B) An interview with Alvin Liu from CDPR (Jul 17, 2019)

Let me repeat:

So I would compare it to The Witcher 3 where if you chopped off the head of a villager in the middle of nowhere the guards wouldn't show up out of nowhere.

It's nothing like that in the game. It's exactly the opposite. The police shows up out of nowhere.

Well, there was nothing to spoil. The answer is simple: no.

He also says some other interesting things:

Can you follow NPC in the game and see the same thing repeated ONLY a few times during 15 hours?

There are no invisible walls in the game? (BTW, I am not talking only about Badlands. E.g. huge part of Pacifica is blocked off with invisible walls. There are also many other areas, especially the ones that are close to a monorail track, that I could not explore in the main part of the city because of invisible walls).

Can we have a low or high reputation with some local gang? Can we see ourselves through reflections (beside mirrors)?

Are we getting more street cred experience for wearing certain outfits while killing?

Etc.
vodooboys can also attack you if you harm Pacifica people in their presence.
Afterlife mercs can spawn instead of cops.
the police only show up in certain parts of Pacifica.
"seeing" you commit a crime goes like this

crime is committed, drones are summoned.
if drones spot you, some armed force arrives(tele).

if the drones don't spot you the armed force doesn't come.

different armed forces have different loadouts.

I should try to kill the drones without being detected, but its pretty hard for the loadouts I like to use.

Yeah, police system isn't finished. We all know this. Time will tell how they change this or if they ever will.
In defense of the dev though, I'm sure this was their plan. Now why this was cut, I would most likely attribute it to making that
holiday release.

vodooboys can also attack you if you harm Pacifica people in their presence.
Afterlife mercs can spawn instead of cops.
the police only show up in certain parts of Pacifica.
"seeing" you commit a crime goes like this

crime is committed, drones are summoned.
if drones spot you, some armed force arrives(tele).

if the drones don't spot you the armed force doesn't come.

different armed forces have different loadouts.

I should try to kill the drones without being detected, but its pretty hard for the loadouts I like to use.
Wait, seriously? So there's a fail state for getting caught? I have to try this.

Top Bottom