Homecoming Date Reveal

+
That said, if a person consistently dislikes most of what the REDs create, this may indicate a fundamental difference in gaming preferences.

Well, I certainly noticed a fundamental difference in what CDPR thinks how Gwent should be like and what I think about it ;) My concerns about the direction this game had taken during OB seemed to valid, because it lead to a restart. So I guess I've taken a 1:0 lead; now it's CDPRs turn to prove me wrong.

Because i'm not claiming the gameplay will be great. Unlike the counterpart that already decided HC is worse based on a few cards showed as preview.

I'm holding judgment on the gameplay at least until i see a few full games (even better when i'll be playing the ptr), and you guys should just do the same...

I've seen many, who said HC will be worse...but the people I've quoted before, said not such thing. I said for example HC can be a great game. But I have my fears and the others too, I think. I'm sure, everybody wants HC to be a great game, but:
2 rows with meaning: we saw only 3 (?) cards with special row abilities. Not that much. "We" sacreficed a row - part of Gwent identity - for row specific cards, so I want to see the positive result of that.
Card's abilities: deal X damage here, deal Y damage there. Not too interesting.
If I have unique mechanics, interesting cards then I want to show them to raise hype. If a new movie is coming, the trailer must show the most interesting/exiciting parts, not that, when the protagonist brushes his teeth. And that's makes me worried. There is only one month until release...where are the exciting parts?

I've seen many, who said HC will be worse...but the people I've quoted before, said not such thing. I said for example HC can be a great game. But I have my fears and the others too, I think. I'm sure, everybody wants HC to be a great game, but:
2 rows with meaning: we saw only 3 (?) cards with special row abilities. Not that much. "We" sacreficed a row - part of Gwent identity - for row specific cards, so I want to see the positive result of that.
If I have unique mechanics, interesting cards then I want to show them to raise hype. If a new movie is coming, the trailer must show the most interesting/exiciting parts, not that, when the protagonist brushes his teeth. And that's makes me worried. There is only one month until release...where are the exciting parts?
I sure did see them. Example:
im sure HC is worse

And another where *mod edit: describing the post is tantamount to quoting it* so i can no longer quote it.

Also all the points in this post will be obviously covered in the days to come. We still have a lot to see, including 500+ cards on top of the 20+ showed until now (which are still WIP btw), which mean plenty of new possible mechanics and interactions.

I mean we saw just 2 factions out of 5, and of those two only a fraction.

NR will be the one changed the most and i'm curious about Zeal. NG is by far the most interesting one and Burza said multiple time they do nasty stuff to control the game (more The Guardian/Assire type of effects) and the whole rewamp of SK which now will be the only revival-heavy faction (finally).

We saw nothing, literally. Hence all those concerns, legitimate ones mind you, should be left to wait until we learn more. We'll probably fail to grasp HC until we play it with our own hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
You only quoted my first post, which was a first impression, while the second post saying that after a closer look all those new cards seem pretty interesting.

Also, so far we haven't seen the "trailer" of homecoming, but only got teaser videos about specific elements of homecoming in the form of the new UI and board layout in the first one and the design choices about leaders in the second one. I don't think the 2 row system, or any row specifc affects have been mentioned so far. And in that way it even makes sense not to show that much row specific effects, because they are going to do an own video about it for sure.

A general note: the discussion goes too much into the direction of who said what, rather than giving your own opinion. Let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we.

I would like to know how the switch between old game to new will be. Is there a complete wipe of the proceed. Will be all cards deleted, Do we get Kegs for the cards? What with the money I invested in past, will I get new Kegs for that? I think that part is also completely without any information about what we get and what happens with our account.

Oh great, now we won't get powder. I have almost the entirety of NG and MO transmuted :(

See that's exactly what I don't like about all this. It's all about backtracking on things they've said in the past. How long before we learn that getting full mill value isn't a thing either? Up until before this update, It was a fact that we were getting scraps and powder for all the cards milled.

Oh great, now we won't get powder. I have almost the entirety of NG and MO transmuted :(

See that's exactly what I don't like about all this. It's all about backtracking on things they've said in the past. How long before we learn that getting full mill value isn't a thing either? Up until before this update, It was a fact that we were getting scraps and powder for all the cards milled.
You receive the scrapVALUE of your cards. So a normal gold will give you 800 scraps and a premium gold 1600 scraps. This enables players who won't be able to craft a full collection right at the start to craft two normal cards for one of their old premiums, if they want to of course.

I don`t know why people are against new leaders concept, i mean mostly against. As for me it`s exactly how they should have been released at the beginning; i can draw a paralell with Heroes of Might & Magic franchise - remember how bad it was when they implemented heroes on battlefield as common forces in 4th part? And then got back to the concept that they are the leaders of the army all in all, the exact thing with gwent as well - we have leaders that command army and not a simple unit, how else CDPR could underline this fact? I`m glad they finally gave them needed attention!

You'll still get full mill value so what's the problem?

I mean that's like 10 times more generous than most of the competition yet people never seems to be happy.

No, I don't think that's really an issue.
Full scraps value for premium cards is actually pretty good and you can get craft a new premium for the same amount of scraps.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is crafting every card in the game once again, but that's a different story.

You'll still get full mill value so what's the problem?

I mean that's like 10 times more generous than most of the competition yet people never seems to be happy.

No, I don't think that's really an issue.
Full scraps value for premium cards is actually pretty good and you can get craft a new premium for the same amount of scraps.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is crafting every card in the game once again, but that's a different story.

And if that happens, that's good. My problem, is that I am not entirely convinced it won't have a certain loophole too. If we actually DO get full scrap value, including the value for premiums, then fair enough. But since the info we had about getting powder changed, I am just not sure this one won't. That's all

Last edited:
And if that happens, that's good. My problem, is that I am not entirely convinced it won't have a certain loophole or too. If we actually DO get full scrap value, including the value for premiums, then fair enough. But since the info we had about getting powder changed, I am just not sure this one won't. That's all
Full refund was never in question, the only thing susceptible to change is the way the will do it.

I don`t know why people are against new leaders concept, i mean mostly against. As for me it`s exactly how they should have been released at the beginning; i can draw a paralell with Heroes of Might & Magic franchise - remember how bad it was when they implemented heroes on battlefield as common forces in 4th part? And then got back to the concept that they are the leaders of the army all in all, the exact thing with gwent as well - we have leaders that command army and not a simple unit, how else CDPR could underline this fact? I`m glad they finally gave them needed attention!

I think one problem lies in mixing the 2D and 3D art. To many, myself included, this doesn't really pair well. The overall effect is not having a leader standing nearby your army, but a gigantic puppet. Might be that the initial rendering is not polished enough in the current version, might be that I'm too old for this *ehm* feature (as papa Vesemir would say).

I'll make you an example on why I don't like the new leaders. It's a small spoiler, in case you haven't read the books.

Eithné current card is not just amazing, it also tells something about her story in the witcher universe. The dryads of the forest recruit new dryads by kidnapping small children and washing their memories with a given potion. Even Ciri was close to following that path. In the current card you see, hinted, that backstory.

With the new Eithné as a leader what we get is just a vanilla dryad with a bow. Cards can be way more descriptive than a 3D model and that's why I prefer them.

Eithné.png

Top Bottom