Homecoming Date Reveal

+

We're back with the second episode of Homecoming news – and the launch date reveal!

It's crazy how much the aesthetics have improved! I think they nailed the atmosphere, it's dark but not Halloween-ish, the cards really shine and the size helps us admire them while playing.

The leaders blend in well with the board now, I love the awesome animations when taunting.

I just love every thing so much, I really think they did a great job. Too bad us console players have to wait for so long!

I like the leaders more in this video. Admittedly, it's easier to give a more serious feeling to human and humanoid characters than monsters though, so I hope you can port those results for monster leaders as well.

One thing I don't like and hasn't changed with this update either are the card effects. Milaen now damages one enemy by 4, or 4 enemies by 1 depending on which row you play her into. This is really uninteresting and a very mild difference between her 2 abilities. So far I haven't seen a single really good ability on any unit, and that troubles me.

The rest, board looks fine, I don't mind it, I think I still preferred the leaders when they were cards though.

Leader customization, is one thing I am uncertain about. If it's not taken too far, it can be a good idea. Otherwise it might look ridiculous

Last edited:
- still don't like the 3d leaders (they look somehow childish)
- ST board is designed really well (I'd prefer a cleaner and less distracting 2D version though)
- still not much gameplay shown
- all cards shown have pretty boring abilites

I guess the game will be good for everyone, whose biggest concern was the cards being to small. For someone, who is more interesed in the actual gameplay, I don't see too many reasons to be optimistic about the game.

One thing I don't like and hasn't changed with this update either are the card effects. Milaen now damages one enemy by 4, or 4 enemies by 1 depending on which row you play her into. This is really uninteresting and a very mild difference between her 2 abilities. So far I haven't seen a single really good ability on any unit, and that troubles me.
Half-Elf Hunter looks quite interesting. On turn end, boost self by 1 if there is an unrevealed trap on the row. That makes the choice when to activate a trap more interesting.
But most of the shown cards so far seem to be pretty standard. And Milaen is pretty boring and uncreative.
I hope/expect them to keep the more interesting cards for later reveals.

Wait wait wait.

Did he just say that consoles have to wait a MONTH! longer for homecoming than PC???? Someone please tell me I heard that wrong.

Hmm, looking at the gap between the release date on the PC and the consoles, I wonder what will happen with the console players in between. CDPR would need to maintain two servers, one for PC users and one for console users. This will also split the player base in two during the transition period.

True. The cards have really uninventive abilities. The "Reach" concept is nice, if there are enough cards to support it. There are already too many card able to inflict damage everywhere on the board.

Leader customization, is one thing I am uncertain about. If it's not taken too far, it can be a good idea. Otherwise it might look ridiculous

I can already picture them with Santa's hat to celebrate the winter festivities.

Still horrible hand (covering A LOT of the cards, and bigger isn't helping in this case).
Still super annoying angle for the cards on board. Seen at that angle it feels...wrong somehow, not because of previous top view but because it distorts the art, and in the opposite way of what would be normal. Seen from that angle their heads should look closer/bigger...as it it's it looks like you're seeing them from far away and below not medium distance away and slightly above.

This is amazing, can't wait to get my hands on the PTR. Hopefully with the release set to 23th we can hope to see a PTR early-mid october.

- still don't like the 3d leaders (they look somehow childish)
- ST board is designed really well (I'd prefer a cleaner and less distracting 2D version though)
- still not much gameplay shown

I guess the game will be good for everyone, whose biggest concern was the cards being to small. For someone, who is more interesed in the actual gameplay, I don't see too many reasons to be optimistic about the game.
20ish cards (of two factions only) "feels" simple, hence the gameplay is bad. Seriously, enough with this QQ

Is too much to ask for an actual gameplay video or, god fobid, playing the ptr with hundreds of cards in before crying?

20ish cards (of two factions only) "feels" simple, hence the gameplay is bad. Seriously, enough with this QQ

Is too much to ask for an actual gameplay video or, god fobid, playing the ptr with hundreds of cards in before crying?

It's like with the Runestones. It was enough to see one card, to picture the others of the different factions.

When you see someone throwing a stone in water, you don't have to wait to hear the splash to know what is going to happen.

It's like with the Runestones. It was enough to see one card, to picture the others of the different factions.

When you see someone throwing a stone in water, you don't have to wait to hear the splash to know what is going to happen.
The problem is that in this case you didn't even saw the dude throwing the stone. People here are crying because they saw a preview of a bunch of cards that are STILL WORK IN PROGRESS, and from those 20ish they decided the gameplay is bad.

Seriously, it's pointless and childish. Act mature and WAIT. Try it in the PTR, then you can say that it feels bad and i won't say anything about it (taste is subjective after all).

Moderator: One post deleted. Please, keep the feedback respectful. There is no need to call the artists' work 'garbage'. If anyone dislikes elements of the design, please, explain the opinion, but without insults. Likewise, keep the discussion respectful of other users.
Thank you.

This is amazing, can't wait to get my hands on the PTR. Hopefully with the release set to 23th we can hope to see a PTR early-mid october.

Hmm... being pessimistic because of 20 cards and revealed changes like 2 rows, hand-size-limit and 2 bronzes is bad, but being hyped because of....well I don't know... is fine. Nobody needs people to tell them if they have to be optimistic or not. If you can't stand any kind of criticism go back to reddit and downvote all critical posts.

Top Bottom