Homecoming Date Reveal

+
Hmm... being pessimistic because of 20 cards and revealed changes like 2 rows, hand-size-limit and 2 bronzes is bad, but being hyped because of....well I don't know... is fine. Nobody needs people to tell them if they have to be optimistic or not. If you can't stand any kind of criticism go back to reddit and downvote all critical posts.
I'm hyped because a new (and i'm sure better) gwent is coming. You can be as pessimistic as you want, but saying that the game will be worse without even having saw a full game in play, it's a bit silly. No offense.

im sure HC is worse
Grafics looks silly, show me sinergy, arhetypes.

Last edited:
I just want to point out that negativity has never helped anyone. It just makes people cranky and prone to indigestion.

ST board looks amazing, needs more squirrels.
Optimistic for homecoming, but it would help to see some more interesting card interactions.
Can't wait for the next video. :)

I mostly liked what I saw.

The 3D leaders looked a lot better than in the first video and in particular Filandravel looks great and absolutly fitting.
And I have to admit that it really feels like Homecoming to Gwent in Witcher 3, with the leaders standing at the side of the board, instead of being placed onto it, which was nice for a couple of leaders but felt weird for quite a lot of them. From what I have seen it feels much more like the leader is the one who commands the forces on the board.
And the whole new board looks pretty great.

As I said, I really like Filandravel and his character is presented exactly as I would imagine him, but Eithne doesn't look that much like Eithne and more like a generic Dryad. And the bow doesn't look like what I expect a Dryad bow to look like at all. Her current design without any direct weapon fits her a lot better to be honest.

The graphic effects all seem cool.

This time we have seen quite a few interesting cards:
  • Milaen has a row dependent ability but the effect isn't that interesting, so I hope there will be more interesting ones.
  • Pavko Gale just deals 1 damage every turn (except on the first one) to a selectable target, which is makes him a pretty standard engine
  • Manticore venom damages 3 apparently choosable cards by 4, which seems pretty strong and not that interesting, but it is a neutral card
  • The effect of the Vrihedd Dragoon was moved to the Hawker Smuggler, which confirms that handbuff will still be a part of ST, and I guess that now all Hawkers will be the ones working with handbuff, while Vrihedd will get their own common theme.
  • The Blue Mountain Commando got more or less the effect from the panther, but a lot more constricted which leads to the assumption that ST will rely quite a lot on removal
  • The Panther is also really restricted and needs either a fitting target or some setup
  • Half-Elf hunter became an engine too and requires unrevealed traps on the row, which makes revealing a trap at the right time much more important
  • Yennefer has basically the same effect but instead of the player having to choose manually the specific effect, it will be decided by row placement which feels a lot smoother.
While the shown cards seem to be a bit bland at first glance, they are pretty interesting, if you look closer.
We saw a lot of engines, including a gold (silver) one, which ST doesn't have currently. And of the none engine bronze cards, most have some pretty high requirements, which force the player to set up the board in the right way and which allows counterplay.

So, all in all it was a really good video and made me a lot more optimistic than the first one.

You can be as pessimistic as you want, but saying that the game will be worse without even having saw a full game in play, it's a bit silly. No offense.

See that's what I wrote:
"For someone, who is more interesed in the actual gameplay, I don't see too many reasons to be optimistic about the game."

I'm not saying it'll be worse. I'm saying the things I've seen so far don't give me much hope that the game will be good. Btw I don't want to play a game that's just better than it is now (didn't play it for more than 3 days since may ), I want a game that I enjoy to play and this hasn't been the case since MW (and pre MW-version was already worse than end of CB imo).

impressive, but agree with others shown abilities are broing (only do dmg) i hope we get some leaks about more original abilities

I am super pumped. Scoitael leadaders and board look wonderful. Eithne is not how I pictured her but I still think the artwork and animation is fantastic. It was interesting to hear background of how things are made, but I want more gameplay!!!!!

Best of all we have a date to look forward to! This train has left the station :p

20ish cards (of two factions only) "feels" simple, hence the gameplay is bad. Seriously, enough with this QQ

Here are the quotes from the players, who criticize:

So far I haven't seen a single really good ability on any unit, and that troubles me.

- all cards shown have pretty boring abilites

most of the shown cards so far seem to be pretty standard.

Everybody speaks about the cards we saw.
I say, the cards abilities shown in the videos are simple. That is fact, but you say, we are "crying". Nobody "cries"...we only want to see something interesting...

I still dont see any reason for 2 rows or any change like that. On the other hand i dont even "feel" the promised battlefield. The shown game was more chaotic then anything, Gale was quite op, because he easiely reach 8+ and 8 seems to be average gold value. I dont think panther need a lot of setup, because the standard strengh sems to be much ower, probably many standard 1-pointer included. The row "meaning" is just a choosable effect card like today e.g. Letho Kingsslayer. Beside that the effects seems pretty bland. Onthe third hand i like the new Avatars and battlefieldoptics more than the shown monster, but still prefer a 2d (wood table included).
PS. The artwork didnt shine that much and i cant imagine a full board with these cards is looking good.

And just to cite myself:
Can I now complain about 2 copies and 2 rows, after seeing some aspects of future card effects?

Of course we should all praise cdpr, no critique is allowed...
As the moderators have repeated many times, constructive critiques are welcome. Disrespectful, insulting, or otherwise rude comments are not.

That said, if a person consistently dislikes most of what the REDs create, this may indicate a fundamental difference in gaming preferences.

if a person consistently dislikes most of what the REDs create, this may indicate a fundamental difference in gaming preferences.

I dislike Cdpr lies: they said create will not be consistent- Tk and Hym are the most consistent golds, they said HC will bring gwent to its roots but they remove sinergy and rows, they said more arhetypes will be viable but didnt even bother to release monthly balance patches.
I remember the joy Lifecoach had with gwent, feels bad man.

I'm hyped because a new (and i'm sure better) gwent is coming. You can be as pessimistic as you want, but saying that the game will be worse without even having saw a full game in play, it's a bit silly. No offense.

May I ask why you keep attacking people who simply judge based on what they've seen?

I get you are hyped for Homecoming. No one told you off for being naive or too optimistic. And vice versa, you don't need to tell us off for "crying" when no one's crying, and it's just people expressing an opinion on what was shown.

they said HC will bring gwent to its roots but they remove sinergy and rows, they said more arhetypes will be viable but didnt even bother to release monthly balance patches.

watch the videos about homecoming first :facepalm:

May I ask why you keep attacking people who simply judge based on what they've seen?

I get you are hyped for Homecoming. No one told you off for being naive or too optimistic. And vice versa, you don't need to tell us off for "crying" when no one's crying, and it's just people expressing an opinion on what was shown.
Because i'm not claiming the gameplay will be great. Unlike the counterpart that already decided HC is worse based on a few cards showed as preview.

I'm holding judgment on the gameplay at least until i see a few full games (even better when i'll be playing the ptr), and you guys should just do the same...

Top Bottom