Homecoming Reveal

+
I really appreciate the effort the developer put in HC. As someone who didn't play any Wichter games except Gwent I have to say that this looks great for me.
I understand that people compare this new version to the original one but the hate of some people is inappropriate. You've just seen a small snippet of what it will be or look like but still go crazy about the changes and say "This is not my Gwent." or "Give my money back."
For example the current 3 rows have no meaning at all but still people want to stick to that instead of having 2 rows with an actual meaning and improved strategic depth.
I'm looking forward to the coinflip change and the other changes that hopefully will be explained in the next few weeks.
But so far - great work CDPR.

The game is still in beta and subject to change. I can understand if you do not like Homecoming, but CDPR did not cheat you out of your money or anything. When you signed up for the beta, you knew in advance that anything was possible, including shutting down the game altogether.

Yes, I did sign the terms and conditions of closed beta. I'd like to keep the right to be upset to be given Homecoming instead of Closed Beta Gwent anyway, because this is entirely different game. Please explain to me at what point it becomes unethical for the company to take the money and make changes. CDPR will have a difficult choice of how they will deal with people like myself who feel cheated. Honestly, reading the former employee reviews I do not expect much.

I would suggest to add few degree up/down manual adjustment for board view angle.
Some of us still remember that those 3 rows did had a HUGE meaning and all we needed was balancing the CARDS. Not an entirely new game, cause we liked what we had already.

May be but the main thing we need to understand is this is not a mini game which we are playing against computer for gaining some gold to buy stuff in main game.
This is becoming a online standalone game where there is tournaments & lots of other things are happening so it needs to be change. You just can't take that mini game & make it standalone game for players to play online as after some time players will move on due to repetitive game play as there is no scope to develop game any further.
And we have only seen few things & even those are not finalized yet so it's better to wait for final version & actual gameplay for final verdict.

Yes, I did sign the terms and conditions of closed beta. I'd like to keep the right to be upset to be given Homecoming instead of Closed Beta Gwent anyway, because this is entirely different game. Please explain to me at what point it becomes unethical for the company to take the money and make changes. CDPR will have a difficult choice of how they will deal with people like myself who feel cheated. Honestly, reading the former employee reviews I do not expect much.
I invested like 300 € in this game, I don't feel cheated nor robbed. Iam just disappointed and sad. I contributed to development of game I played. New gwent is so bad I want to cry like a baby, but I still doesn't pitty my money..

You've just seen a small snippet of what it will be or look like but still go crazy about
To be Honest: I am sick of this argument. We may no criticise the anounced changes, before we see anything, after seeing some off the stuff, we may not, because it is not all. I bet, after seeing all of it, we may not, because we didnt tested it. After we tested it, no changes are going to come, because you cant change it anymore. This wont be a problem because all skeptical players will be moved out.
I dont have to see all little details of the changes to assume they are wrong/ a misconception. You know, we can imagine something, expect, extrapolate and guessing. We have point, you dont have, because all you say is: I could be good. Thats not a valid point, because it could also be a pink elephant. It could be anything, but we can se the infomations we have and these are worrysome (for many players, not all, maybe not even the majority, but many)

Last edited:
... the main thing we need to understand is this is not a mini game which we are playing against computer for gaining some gold to buy stuff in main game. This is becoming a online standalone game where there is tournaments & lots of other things are happning so it needs to be change. You just can't take that mini game & make it standalone game for players to play online as after some time players will move on due to repetitive game play as there is no scope to develope game any further.
What is all of this have to do with the fact that what I saw looks like crap? Mind you - I am not commenting on gameplay (cause we haven't seen it/played it) yet. I am commenting on the visual part and sharing (huge) concerns about the gameplay part.

May be but the main thing we need to understand is this is not a mini game which we are playing against computer for gaining some gold to buy stuff in main game.
We had a Gwent(standalone) version with meaningfull 3 rows, called Closed beta and even later on. The meaning got patched out and now you are happy to get the castrated back?

I invested like 300 € in this game, I don't feel cheated nor robbed. Iam just disappointed and sad. I contributed to development of game I played. New gwent is so bad I want to cry like a baby, but I still doesn't pitty my money..
It's very humble and kind of you to let the dragon go. I for once want to fight for my rights! This is not acceptable.

What is all of this have to do with the fact that what I saw looks like crap? Mind you - I am not commenting on gameplay (cause we haven't seen it/played it) yet. I am commenting on the visual part and sharing (huge) concerns about the gameplay part.

And I am talking about the things where you comparing gwent from wither game & new gwent.

It's very humble and kind of you to let the dragon go. I for once want to fight for my rights! This is not acceptable.
Iam sorry, but I still don't belive you would succeed. When signing, you accepted fact it might change. That's what Beta is for.. If this would be done in full version, I would agree, and fight with you, but this is not the case..

CDPR will have a difficult choice of how they will deal with people like myself who feel cheated.

In the terms of use it states that Gwent can shut down at any time without getting a refund. Knowing this, having a game that's different from what you had hoped, is still quite an improvement. In any case, CDPR cannot please everyone; some like the new changes, others hate it. You may feel disappointed, but you are not being cheated nor can you have any entitlement to a refund.

In the terms of use it states that Gwent can shut down at any time without getting a refund. Knowing this, having a game that's different from what you had hoped, is still quite an improvement. In any case, CDPR cannot please everyone; some like the new changes, others hate it. You may feel disappointed, but you are not being cheated nor can you have any entitlement to a refund.
Allright, lets forget a refund. Do you think its ethical? And does CDPR wants to start taking the path of shoving terms and conditions into people's faces. Cause I for once will go out of my way to see if CDPR go as low as that.

Allright, lets forget a refund. Do you think its ethical?

As a Gwent Player (not a moderator or spokesperson), I do not see anything unethical. I was very well aware the game might go in any direction and while I do not like all the changes (past, present and future), I still think it's up to CDPR to decide how to move forward.

If anything, I would rather applaud CDPR for taking the difficult decision to basically scrap Gwent and start over because it was not working out. Many other studios would just have let the game linger for as long as possible while trying to squeeze as much money out of the player as they can. It's clear that CDPR still cares and tries its best to deliver a good game.

As a Gwent Player (not a moderator or spokesperson), I do not see anything unethical. I was very well aware the game might go in any direction and while I do not like all the changes (past, present and future), I still think it's up to CDPR to decide how to move forward.

If anything, I would rather applaud CDPR for taking the difficult decision to basically scrap Gwent and start over because it was not working out. Many other studios would just have let the game linger for as long as possible while trying to squeeze as much money out of the player as they can. It's clear that CDPR still cares and tries its best to deliver a good game.
ok, you convinced me they are trying and I would be an absolute a*shole to pursue this. my apologies for the spectacle. A shame all this.

Are moderator are paid to only say nice thing about this game/company? Any restrictions, about what you can say? I am just asking because any reply of a mod seems extremly positive without negative aspects. How was Gwent not working out? Mostly positive feedback ad closed and early open beta to regular complains now. The only thing i can agree is, that they scrap this game.

C'mon guys what are You talking about? If You want some inn atmosphere just go to pub with a friends or play some HS game! In my opinion concept of board is great. Only CDPR failury that thay show us monster vs. monster and that was too dark. The leader are great! In other card game leader (hero) aren't always a real card like other cards in the game (HS for example). I think the role of new leader in Gwent will be awsome and immersion caus of some leaders interaction will be better.

I just fear about two row concept. That Gwent looso his identity. But we will see. Wait for some gameplay!

Cheers!

Btw. can you go with this topic about money to another thread? It's embarassing especially for moderators.

Last edited:
To be Honest: I am sick of this argument. We may no criticise the anounced changes before we see anything, after seeing some off the stuff, we may not because it is noch all. I bet, aber seeing all of it we may not, because we didnt tested it. After we tested it, no changes are going to come, because you cant chnage it anymore. This wont be a problem because all skeptical players will be moved out.
I dont have to see all little details of the changes to assume they are wrong/ a misconception. You know, we can imagine something, expect, extrapolate and guessing. We have point, you dont have, because all you say is: I could be good. Thats not a valid point, because it could also be a pink elephant. It could be anything, but we can se the infomations we have and these are worrysome (for many players, not all, maybe not even the majority, but many)
I can't know if it will be as good as I think it will be and you can't know if it will be as bad as you think it will be. You can criticise what you've seen, conclude that it will eventually be bad and express your worries to give the developer a feedback.
What I criticise is the way many people comment on this topic, the negativity, the rage, the trash talking and that some people don't even see the smallest chance of having a potentially good outcome - it is new = it has to be/will be bad/worse.

Top Bottom