Homecoming Reveal

+
Reddit feedback is a way better indicator of the community than this forum and it has way more people active
Reddit is just quite more optimistic, thats all. I just scanned it a bit, but if i dont see any negative complaints about rows and co, then there is something off. (here or there).
Could be by the reddit systematic by upvoting, it is a selfproclaiming circle then. But in the End, even if we were much more negativ here, our arguments dont get lost.
And if you are playing since closed beta you should know, that rows had a meaning in these days and this meaning was scrapped with each update. To celebrate now, when you get a smaller form of the previous ones, seems a bit off.

I gotta say that whoever is in charge of making decisions on this game has no clue what they are doing.
They took a nonissue, board design, and turned it into something which as far as I can tell is alienating at least 30% of the remaining playerbase, maybe more. Do you even focus group, bruh?
Nobody had any complaints about the board design. Sure, some people said they'd like it if the mood of the game felt darker to keep in tone with the witcher setting but nobody had any real issue with how the game looked.

That reminds me so much of another game that failed so hard after a complete redesign nobody was asking for. That was Dead Island Epidemic. Lots of money and development time wasted for nothing. Completely different game but I see the same development mistakes repeted by the Gwent developers that went on with that game.
  • No concrete vision from the start;
  • Completely changing key game mechanics like the rows well into Open Beta, when the focus should be small refinements;
  • Complete graphic design overhaul for the whole game nobody was asking for, was not needed, and just drives away a good portion of the player base;
  • Complete mechanics overhaul with 80%+ cards and abilities changed 2+ years into Beta testing;
I just don't get what is going on with the Gwent team at CDPR, because this is not the sort of stuff we are used to seeing from CDPR as a whole.

Reddit is just quite more optimistic, thats all. I just scanned it a bit, but if i dont see any negative complaints about rows and co, then there is something off. (here or there).
Could be by the reddit systematic by upvoting, it is a selfproclaiming circle then. But in the End, even if we were much more negativ here, our arguments dont get lost.
And if you are playing since closed beta you should know, that rows had a meaning in these days and this meaning was scrapped with each update. To celebrate now, when you get a smaller form of the previous ones, seems a bit off.

You should be happy then that rows will be getting a lot more meaning.

you alrdy have poll under youtube video... likes and dislikes, you can even visit toxic gwent reddit, even there overwhelming majority is happy about changes, this one will have obviously more dislikes so whats the point? negative minority is always louder, others are just happy and w8 for more info

Last edited:
Reddit feedback is a way better indicator of the community than this forum and it has way more people active, too many negative people afraid of change and progress here, all they do is complain about everything.

Funnily enough, it used to be the other way around. When Rethaz left Reddit, it was due to the unwelcoming, overly aggressive atmosphere. The forum seems to me to be more relaxed than Reddit.

you alrdy have poll under youtube video... likes and dislikes, this one will have obviously more dislikes so whats the point?

Not all the forum users are active on youtube and (obviously) viceversa.

That reminds me so much of another game that failed so hard after a complete redesign nobody was asking for. That was Dead Island Epidemic. Lots of money and development time wasted for nothing. Completely different game but I see the same development mistakes repeted by the Gwent developers that went on with that game.
  • No concrete vision from the start;
  • Completely changing key game mechanics like the rows well into Open Beta, when the focus should be small refinements;
  • Complete graphic design overhaul for the whole game nobody was asking for, was not needed, and just drives away a good portion of the player base;
  • Complete mechanics overhaul with 80%+ cards and abilities changed 2+ years into Beta testing;
I just don't get what is going on with the Gwent team at CDPR, because this is not the sort of stuff we are used to seeing from CDPR as a whole.
I believe, that problem is not with Mr. Burza, or any other Gwent team member. This decision came from Cdpr Hq. They need simplier, graphics appealing game for ppl to spend money on. When seeing both guys presenting HC, I did have impression that they are not as happy as they should be..

None of you can possibly have any idea if you're going to like this or not. 8 minutes with nothing but visuals and a summary of some changes. Gameplay being fun is all that matters. I don't have high hopes after they killed their own game in a single patch but without actually playing I won't know if I like it.

I gave up on this game a long time ago, so I'm neutral. Changes are what we expected. Gwent will probably survive, maybe with more exposure to another crowd. So yeah, let CDPR do what they do.

If CDPR, needed a profitable product, they should have only changed their business model. It's just simply too rewarding, no wonder they're not making any money from it. Players, who can invest formidable amount of time into Gwent have zero to none need to spend a single coin. CDPR, honestly, if money is the main concern under that overhaul, then I can assure you, you could find easier and less painful solutions. Now all that work that you made over last 5 months instead of uniting community and bolstering their interest to play Gwent again, you just simply divided fans into two different camps.

P.S Hands off from dwarfs' game!

If CDPR, needed a profitable product, they should have only changed their business model. It's just simply too rewarding, no wonder they're not making any money from it. Players, who can invest formidable amount of time into Gwent have zero to none need to spend a single coin. CDPR, honestly, if money is the main concern under that overhaul, then I can assure you, you could find easier and less painful solutions. Now all that work that you made over last 5 months instead of uniting community and bolstering their interest to play Gwent again, you just simply divided fans into two different camps.

P.S Hands off from dwarfs' game!
So basically you are suggesting keeping a bad board and UI many people wanted to change anyway and make gwent p2w to milk more money with the few that would remain in that scenario? Thank god you are not the one in charge to make decisions for the game. Or any game.

So basically you are suggesting keeping a bad board and UI many people wanted to change anyway...
Yeah, people were asking for BETTER LOOKING boards/UI, not just switch one shh with another. All we needed was changes to some color schemes mostly. The Arena board is really well done, the addition of row flags was a nice touch too. But this pseudo 3D shh is just not helping the feeling/the atmosphere of the game at all. It is way too heavy and distracting and in a BAD way.

I like what we saw in the video. My suggestions would be: Don't make it too dark and remove the green layer from the cards, which doesn't look that geat IMO.
Leaders could get a bit more polish and enemy leader would fit better in the other corner.
The line between players and enemy board could be more visible.
And the blue arrow looks bit out of place.
Don't let you discourage by negative (or pessimistic) feedback. :)

I hope we get to see more soon

So basically you are suggesting keeping a bad board and UI many people wanted to change anyway and make gwent p2w to milk more money with the few that would remain in that scenario? Thank god you are not the one in charge to make decisions for the game. Or any game.

As you can clearly see, as many people asked for the new board, that many haven't. Me personally I did expect some changes into the board, some contrast, palitra changes, but Jesus definitely not that 3D atrocity. If I wanted something like that, I would go to the project, which has main focus on these things.

Yeah, people were asking for BETTER LOOKING boards/UI, not just switch one shh with another. All we needed was changes to some color schemes mostly. The Arena board is really well done, the addition of row flags was a nice touch too. But this pseudo 3D shh is just not helping the feeling/the atmosphere of the game at all. It is way too heavy and distracting and in a BAD way.
Uuuhh this is a better looking board? And according to the massive success on twitch, reddit and youtube comments i'd say a lot are pleased with what they saw.

As for the "atmosphere", playing with monsters in that dark/gritty graveyard (or whatever it is it's fantastic) is much more atmospheric to me than playing ghouls in a wooden plastic-like game board...

To me, the new game looks like you are into a witcher 3 field doing battle with your units (cards), and that is fantastic in my opinion.
Post automatically merged:

As you can clearly see, as many people asked for the new board, that many haven't. Me personally I did expect some changes into the board, some contrast, palitra changes, but Jesus definitely not that 3D atrocity. If I wanted something like that, I would go to the project, which has main focus on these things.
See from what? From the 10ish people in this forum complaining? Meanwhile the top reddit posts about the new visual gets almost 1000 upvotes and the youtube video already have 70k views and 3500 likes (and 198 dislike lulz).

So maybe it's time you accept you are the in the niche minority on the matter...

... As for the "atmosphere", playing with monsters in that dark/gritty graveyard (or whatever it is it's fantastic) is much more atmospheric to me than playing ghouls in a wooden plastic-like game board...
You are playing a CARD GAME.

Not RPG.

Not TBS.

A CCG.

If you missed my post about Disciples II and HoMM in contrast - be free to click some pages back. This pseudo 3D turns the game in something completely different and not something that I think I like, especially with some of the changes that will be implented gamewise and were FORCED on us without us asking for them a bit (2 rows, 2 Bronze copies, removal of Silvers, even "new" mechanics on old cards (hit/buff random unit for X amount of points)).

The justification for cutting off a row was ridiculous. Yet, when we see the reveal video and the board on a smartphone, we know the real reason.

Top Bottom