Homecoming sounds awesome! BUT two updates in 6 months is just absurd

+
Homecoming sounds awesome! BUT two updates in 6 months is just absurd

I love this game which is why I post so much. I haven no real issue with the time that they want to take to deliver throne breaker and the redesign but you can't hope to retain your player base with two updates in 6 months. The first update doesn't even change anything so what you are saying is you will do a balance patch one time in 6 MONTHS. Does that mean no new cards as well? If that's the case I am sure I will completely lose my desire to play. I hope I feel like coming back when the game releases. I am kind of speechless right now.

I quit playing (except of a few casual and arena matches from time to time), because I think the game took the wrong direction. So I'm fine with this. I'll be back definitely and I hope the game is in a better state then. But I have to admit that it's kind if risk what they are doing.

They can't release more content because the whole game is changing. Why spend precious time making updates and patches to cards that are going to be reworked. The Gwent we know will be gone.full mill on every card means nothing is off limits. I'd like updates too but realize with the magnitude of this announcement it's not possible. Would be nice if we slowly had the content released instead of a whole new game all at once

The Gwent we currently playing is not the gwent we played in Witcher & loved so much so take this like you are currently playing some different ccg which is not good & unbalanced so after 6 month return for the original gwent (hope so).

Mancoon1980;n10817051 said:
They can't release more content because the whole game is changing. Why spend precious time making updates and patches to cards that are going to be reworked. The Gwent we know will be gone.full mill on every card means nothing is off limits. I'd like updates too but realize with the magnitude of this announcement it's not possible. Would be nice if we slowly had the content released instead of a whole new game all at once

Ideally it would have been better for the player base if they could have made these changes more gradually. I realize they are doing it for development reasons such as time restraints. I'm glad they are making changes that they want to make but I am really really disappointed that the game is going to become so stale for so long.

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10817351 said:
The Gwent we currently playing is not the gwent we played in Witcher & loved so much so take this like you are currently playing some different ccg which is not good & unbalanced so after 6 month return for the original gwent (hope so).

What they create in 6 months will also not be the gwent in the witcher. The gwent in the witcher was broken and not at all a competitive game.

StrykerxS77x;n10817471 said:
What they create in 6 months will also not be the gwent in the witcher. The gwent in the witcher was broken and not at all a competitive game.

seems you don't understand what I tried to say. I was only referring witcher 3 as a original game not exact witcher 3 gwent :/

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10817911 said:
seems you don't understand what I tried to say. I was only referring witcher 3 as a original game not exact witcher 3 gwent :/

I think I still don't understand what you were saying :)

StrykerxS77x;n10818701 said:
I think I still don't understand what you were saying :)
He probably meant in the level of quality, polish and general atmosphere

StrykerxS77x;n10808581 said:
I love this game which is why I post so much. I haven no real issue with the time that they want to take to deliver throne breaker and the redesign but you can't hope to retain your player base with two updates in 6 months. The first update doesn't even change anything so what you are saying is you will do a balance patch one time in 6 MONTHS. Does that mean no new cards as well? If that's the case I am sure I will completely lose my desire to play. I hope I feel like coming back when the game releases. I am kind of speechless right now.
Full collection and basically infinite scraps (if you play everyday and open kegs) on homecoming launch isn't incentive enough for you?

Last edited:
DMaster2;n10818751 said:
He probably meant in the level of quality, polish and general atmosphere

Full collection and basically infinite scraps (if you play everyday and open kegs) on homecoming launch isn't incentive enough for you?

Probably not. I already have everything I want and a lot left over.

I look forward to creating a complete set after the re-release and premiuming the cards. If I can get full value for my scraps, it might be possible to entirely premium my three favorite factions. That is CDPR showing its good will. I will also definitely buy Thronebreaker. My only gripe is that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out around the same time, and that's a game I've been looking forward to For 8 years. How will I have time to play them both?

BornBoring;n10808701 said:
I quit playing (except of a few casual and arena matches from time to time), because I think the game took the wrong direction. So I'm fine with this. I'll be back definitely and I hope the game is in a better state then. But I have to admit that it's kind if risk what they are doing.

Exactly my stance. A re-release is what was needed. Take the best and leave behind the worst. Even if it means I don't play for six months.

StrykerxS77x;n10819391 said:
Probably not. I already have everything I want and a lot left over.
After 5 years of ccgs i've learned that there is never a "too much".

If everything goes well (and i don't see why it shouldn't) it's extremely possible that the game will start releasing expansions each x months, and you'll need every ore, scrap and meteorite powder you can get.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im not happy about this 6 months either, and definitely wont be playing during most of that time. I hope CDPR can find the will to work hard on improving Gwent when they see the player numbers decrease catastrofically during the upcoming times, and end up delivering something amazing.

On the (personal) plus side, i now have 6 months to get the 8 cards (golds) im missing and finally get a full collection, after a year and half of this game!

There will be another two updates before Homecoming, which would mean that there'd be 4-5 months without content updates (unless if the updates next month doesn't count).

Theo_FP;n10822371 said:
There will be another two updates before Homecoming, which would mean that there'd be 4-5 months without content updates (unless if the updates next month doesn't count).

This is true but the first update won't have any balance or cards. So we are looking at one balance patch in at least 6 months.

Problem is, if the game is gonna be radically changed, theres no point in incremental changes to throw all out of the window after the re-launch is made.

This decision worked fine for FFXIV a realm reborn. Its a smashing hit now. I think they are trying to do the same.

The only alternative i see is rollback to when the game got the gold immunity patch and start from there. And have 6 monts of incremental changes.
But if that happened we would lose alot of cards. Although we could give feedback that way.

DRK3;n10821911 said:
On the (personal) plus side, i now have 6 months to get the 8 cards (golds) im missing and finally get a full collection
When homecoming hits, aren't they wiping the collections? They mentioned the full disenchant value for a limited time for those who dont wanna lose progress. not sure im completely understanding that aspect of the post.

LazzaKilden;n10824951 said:
When homecoming hits, aren't they wiping the collections? They mentioned the full disenchant value for a limited time for those who dont wanna lose progress. not sure im completely understanding that aspect of the post.

See here for a reason for the full mill value.
Also, no wipes planned.

Top Bottom