Homecoming to mill entire collection; "Most likely" full scrap value

+
If we don't get full value then I imagine we'll get refunded for the kegs that we bought otherwise they're just kind of ripping us off

Yeah, I was curious about it as well. Sounds odd to force each and every player to rebuild their entire collection with HC. I understand cards are changing, some might get removed, bronzes are dropping to 2 copies and presumably a lot of changes we haven't heard, but will hear about soon, are still a possibility. It'd make far more sense to only auto-mill the appropriate cards, refund their value, leave the rest alone and give a week to a month time-span where every card gets full value via milling. It may be more work for the devs but a complete collection auto-mill is ridiculous.

Guest 4226291

Yeah, I was curious about it as well. Sounds odd to force each and every player to rebuild their entire collection with HC. I understand cards are changing, some might get removed, bronzes are dropping to 2 copies and presumably a lot of changes we haven't heard, but will hear about soon, are still a possibility. It'd make far more sense to only auto-mill the appropriate cards, refund their value, leave the rest alone and give a week to a month time-span where every card gets full value via milling. It may be more work for the devs but a complete collection auto-mill is ridiculous.

It’s better this way so people who don’t realize homecoming is coming don’t get screwed over once the grace period is done. Who cares? Just craft the things you want

partci

Forum veteran
You know, there might be a chance I will not be around for HC and this means I could miss the Mill period. So, for me, this is way better solution, cause it means I will not have to target few dates to enter and mill whatever I want.

I think this is the better way to go. Especially if 80% of the cards will get changed anyway.

Last edited:
Great solution, everyone start out fresh and there is no abuse possible since the mill is done server side. After that you can craft whatever you want.

I particularly find it handy because i have quite a few lacking premiums and getting full refund allow me to recraft them directly as premium using scraps (which i will have in abundance anyway).

I doubt he can clarify it yet, else he wouldn't have written "most likely". But from what he has said so far, I doubt that CDPR will make anything that leaves players after recrafting with less cards than before.

I'd really like to know how the entire system is going to work.

What happens to any unused ore?

What happens to unopened kegs?

What abut unused scrap?

Do we need to spend all of them on cards or do we keep everything unused?

What happens to any unused ore?
You will retain your currencies :)

What happens to unopened kegs?
Nothing, they stay with your account.

What abut unused scrap?
You will retain your currencies :)

Burza: "You get full mill value for the whole collection."
LINK: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/gwent-ask-a-dev.8684150/page-44#post-11071235

You know, there might be a chance I will not be around for HC and this means I could miss the Mill period. So, for me, this is way better solution, cause it means I will not have to target few dates to enter and mill whatever I want.

A reasonable response. I suppose I had not considered it from this perspective.

In that case make it optional. When HC is first launched by the player present a one-time option asking if they would like to auto-mill their collection for full value. Additionally, give a week to month period of full refund value on everything. Players in your position get full value even if they miss the week to month period. Players whom do not want to rebuild their entire collection, but can be present for HC, don't have to rebuild it and can adjust around HC changes. Players living under a rock and oblivious to HC don't get screwed either :).

I think this is the better way to go. Especially if 80% of the cards will get changed anyway.

It sucks for players like me because I don't want to have to manually craft every damn card over again.

It sucks for players like me because I don't want to have to manually craft every damn card over again.

This. You can't please them all I guess. Either those who won't be around for a long time when HC hits, or us who play regularly and will have to craft everything from the beginning again, are screwed :p

I do have 5.1k ore, lots of scraps, MP and some kegs though. I hope nothing happens to those. Lots of duplicates in my collection that I haven't milled as well, particularly ones for which I have 3 transmuted versions and 3 standard ones. I do wonder what happens with those

This. You can't please them all I guess. Either those who won't be around for a long time when HC hits, or us who play regularly and will have to craft everything from the beginning again, are screwed :p
You mean that guys that won't be around would not have to craft all their cards too? Come on...

Top Bottom