Homecoming vs Thronebreaker

+

What are you going to play (first)?

• Only Homecoming (not interested in TB)

• Mostly Homecoming (and a little bit of TB)

• Fifty-fifty

• Mostly Thronebreaker (and a little bit of HC)

• Only Thronebreaker (not interested in HC)

• Both full-time, because who needs personal life!

• Neither, I am no longer interested

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a question guys. Does thronebreaker provide new cards? And do those cards come in kegs and are they craftable?

20 Thronebreaker cards go to your Gwent collection. They are craftable, but the Premium versions are only to be found in TB. They are not in Kegs. That's what I know...

I have a question guys. Does thronebreaker provide new cards? And do those cards come in kegs and are they craftable?
Yes, and they are craftable, although, from what I understand, the premiums can only be found through playing Thronebreaker itself.

What a fast reply. Thanks guys! One hour left if Im correct and we can all jump in. Since we have so many gold cards I can only only assume it will be easier to find them when opening kegs. I hope they didnt maintain their previous percentage of opening gold cards.
Post automatically merged:

The reason why Im asking is because I took a gamble and decided to sit on my 154 kegs because I missed the golden event.

Last edited:
Obviously TB first, though I'll occasionally dab into HC too. The thing is we need to get acquianted with the plethora of new cards (unless you were all over the demo), and for that it helps to play TB.

Don't feel like "studying" hundreds of cards, so unless there's already some decent precons where you won't get clobbered, I'll pass... for now. :p

rrc

Forum veteran
As soon as you purchase TB, you get 20 cards (standard) added to your cards collections. You can even filter these cards from the Deck Builder.

AFAIK, these cards will never be part of standard kegs, but can be crafted. Also, only standard version can be crafted. Premium version of these cards can ONLY be obtained by playing TB and finishing certain quests.

I had played some 2 hours and still hasn't got a single premium version of any TAB cards yet. I will confirm here if my understanding is correct.

TB... mostly. I think the "new" Gwent fits that kind of game better.

Also @rrc : There is an exclusive premium hidden literally in the first 10 minutes of TB.

rrc

Forum veteran
TB... mostly. I think the "new" Gwent fits that kind of game better.

Also @rrc : There is an exclusive premium hidden literally in the first 10 minutes of TB.
Damnit.. I thought I was super cautious and explored ever single place possible. Don't know how I missed it. I have gone a little far. I would never read spoilers in my first play through. So, may be in the next play through.

Top Bottom