Homecoming vs Thronebreaker

+

What are you going to play (first)?

• Only Homecoming (not interested in TB)

• Mostly Homecoming (and a little bit of TB)

• Fifty-fifty

• Mostly Thronebreaker (and a little bit of HC)

• Only Thronebreaker (not interested in HC)

• Both full-time, because who needs personal life!

• Neither, I am no longer interested

Results are only viewable after voting.
RIP personal life.

If Homecoming wasn't enough, Thronebreaker is getting released on the same day. So, what are your plans? What are you going to play (first)?

I think I'll take a glimpse of HC and get the basics/tutorial done. Then focus mostly on TB until I am a decent bit into the game.

Thronebreaker, because I want to avoid spoilers as much as I can. :p

I know that if I play Homecoming first, I'll end up spending at least an hour or two just looking through all the new, shiny things. While it'll no doubt be awesome, waiting won't spoil any surprises there.

rrc

Forum veteran
I can't even choose an option here. I want to do both full time, but I am sure that if I start TB I won't be able to come back to HC (and vice versa) and at the same time I don't want to miss out HC too. CDPR is really sadistic (in a comic sense of course) to release both on the same day. But my gut feeling is, mostly TB and a little bit of HC to mainly look at various cosmetic items.

Man.. it is a tough one..

Homecoming, cause I want to know what the many changes to gwent will feel like.

Thronebreaker is a buy for the winter holidays --> more time to sink my teeth in the good story!

rrc

Forum veteran
I will play HC when is fresh, before swim create the new braindead netdecks.
Hehe.. valid point. But my gut feeling is, HC won't be as bad as current Gwent in which you can simply mechanically read some stuff and execute it. Hopefully. I sincerely hope they fixed Discard archetype and with less tutors and 2 bronze, my expectation is every game is a bit unique in its own way.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just a reminder:

If you buy Thronebreaker, you need to launch it first, so that you get your TB cards on HC Gwent after (read that on store page or somewhere)

I suspect I will go back and forth because I have equal amounts of hype. I want to start filling out my reward book and making decks I have been thinking of for hc. I want to get to that story in tb!

I'll play only HC because this is the best time to do so, no one know whatever they are doing and play whatever with obvious mistakes.

This is the period where you have the most fun, with brewing and janky ideas to test live against other people doing the same.

After it settled a bit, i'll probably buy and play TB. As a single player game i have plenty of time to do so anyway.

Sidenote from GOG - Thronebreaker page:

Clipboard01.jpg

I'll mostly play Thronebreaker! I'm really excited about the single-player mode!

Tomorrow I plan to log in in Gwent and start re-building my collection. That alone should take half an hour... :unsure:

Also I don't mind missing "control decks' reign of terror"! Usually, those are the decks that thrive of unrefined decks and punish players for experimenting.

Sidenote from GOG - Thronebreaker page:

Thank you for the heads up.

rrc

Forum veteran
For me the answer is getting more and more clear:
Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 9.18.19 PM.png

But I will also check HC.. even if not playing, all the new rewards and profile. But I think for now, I will spend 80% of my free time in TB and 20% on HC.

I have a question guys. Does thronebreaker provide new cards? And do those cards come in kegs and are they craftable?

Top Bottom