Honest expectations?

+

My expectation of the experience I'm going to get from Cyberpunk 2077 is that...

• ...it's going to be bad, all things considered. Not my mug of beer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That doesn't exist in my book, so it's a great news.:ok:
in this case it is kind off concerning ,you know when a story throws way to many things at you expecting you to absorb it all at once ,this happened with me when reading Dune its very hard to appreciate the story atleast when experiencing it for the first time , now when it comes to Cyberpunk according to previews it seems to fail at the concept of show dont tell ,there are alot of expositions thrown which is something that i hate so much it made me quit Jrpgs in general, with that said i think the worldbuilding can be remedied atleast by throwing in some ingame books/codex that can help with the worldbuilding ,what cant be remedied however are the amount of characters you meet.

As for FF7 i didnt feel the pacing was fast at all ,the pacing was pretty good at the start but the later half it just falls apart.

It's a problem for heavily storyoriented games that the player is fed too much too soon, since due to the storyheaviness it's all kinda relevant for informed progression.

If the game was more gameplay oriented and sandboxy, with more open style for storytelling (like Fallout), it wouldn't matter nearly as much as the unfolding of events wouldn't be such a big deal.

CDPR is good at telling stories, but I do think they take the narrative drive a bit too far and at a dear cost of player driven gameplay in a big open world; and gameplay opportunities in general (see for example not taking advantage of cyberpsychosis and the lack of social stats&skills).
This would've been a great place to expand their knowhow and design creativity on the matter, but alas, such is life that this didn't happen.

I went with a much longer comment but I shortened it to touch the very point of my expectations.

- I don't know what to expect, but I don't expect this game to blow my cybernerd mind anymore since the latest gameplay bits and announcements.
- I think Cyberpunk 2077 will repeat some of the dreaded flaws of The Witcher series (or just flaws in action-RPG games in general), concerning some aspects of the gameplay, RPG mechanics or levelling system, despite having debated that so many times in the forums. But I don't blame a company for keeping their vision of game making, since it's their job, this is how companies do.
- I believe that the story left alone will be a sufficient argument in favor of buying this game, no doubt about it.
- I believe that whatever experience comes out from this game, whenever they make a sequel... there will be a place for improvements (as they proved it with The Witcher series).

Not expecting a groundbreaking game, but there will be good parts in it, undoubtedly.

I think it'll be excellent, but for those expecting a shooter first, rpg second you will be gravely dissappointed!
Combat will probably feel like a blend of Borderlands and maybe even Fallout. Probably more fluid than haters project but it won't go as smooth as Doom 2016 or Halo.

As long as people are okay with it being clunkier than presented in the trailer and are here for the narrative power players will be given, we should all be satisfied. I'm excited for sure.

- I believe that whatever experience comes out from this game, whenever they make a sequel... there will be a place for improvements (as they proved it with The Witcher series).

I agree with the principle that there will be place for improvements (there is a ton for that already with CP), but in my experience the Witcher series declined game after game gameplaywise and whilst everything else went downhill, all they managed to improve was visuals, audio and "cinematic storytelling". I do not think that's the route the possible CP sequels should be taking (quite the opposite).

Last edited:
My expectations when I first heard of the game were that it would be super double plus awesome. That was never realistic. From what I've seen so far of the finished product, I think it will be a decent game, that over time, might creep up toward awesome territory. That depends a lot on where CDPR takes it, and what sort of modding community builds up around it.

Not sure why anyone on these forums would choose the bottom option, except to be annoying. We're mostly in one tail of the distribution -- on many dimensions.

I think it'll be excellent, but for those expecting a shooter first, rpg second you will be gravely dissappointed!
Combat will probably feel like a blend of Borderlands and maybe even Fallout. Probably more fluid than haters project but it won't go as smooth as Doom 2016 or Halo.

C2077 may not be as smooth as a fully fledged action game and yet still be nearer to them over a fully fledged "RPG" like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, gameplay wise.
Post automatically merged:

Some people might change their minds. Gotta give the option to not be a conformist.

I voted for a good game because I think there is little doubt that it will be. The unfortunate part about it is that I think a lot of people have built it up as the game they hope it will be, like a kid looking at a wrapped present. We have projected a lot of our hopes and expectations onto it and it is probably not reasonable to expect that it will fulfill them. But I think all the work that CDPR has put into this game demonstrates their own love for it and reassures me that the final product will be something to remember. I can't wait.

My theory on what will happen:
I think that the game is going to be so good, that it will be too good to be true, but it will still be a thing anyway. Everyone will be in shock, it will be unbelievable how good the game is, people will have trouble accepting just how insanely good the game is. People will actually struggle to cope with the excellence, and in some strange cases, may have such a positive experience that they may require going to talk to someone just to unload and decompress from the amount of sheer excitement and enjoyment that they will feel. They will actually be randomly shopping at the store and buy some bread and turn to the random stranger next to them and say "Hey uh sorry don't want to bother you or anything but you gotta grab this game called Cyberpunk2077, uh... sorry... have a nice day, but yea get this game, okay okay bye... love you... what? no-nothing..?" *walks away awkwardly really fast*:shrug:

My theory on what will happen:
I think that the game is going to be so good, that it will be too good to be true, but it will still be a thing anyway. Everyone will be in shock, it will be unbelievable how good the game is, people will have trouble accepting just how insanely good the game is. People will actually struggle to cope with the excellence, and in some strange cases, may have such a positive experience that they may require going to talk to someone just to unload and decompress from the amount of sheer excitement and enjoyment that they will feel. They will actually be randomly shopping at the store and buy some bread and turn to the random stranger next to them and say "Hey uh sorry don't want to bother you or anything but you gotta grab this game called Cyberpunk2077, uh... sorry... have a nice day, but yea get this game, okay okay bye... love you... what? no-nothing..?" *walks away awkwardly really fast*:shrug:

You sound like Deus Ex was being released again soon :howdy:
Now that I mentioned Deus Ex I have to reinstall it.
deus ex.jpg

I hope that we make the same joke with CP77 in ten years.

You sound like Deus Ex was being released again soon :howdy:
Now that I mentioned Deus Ex I have to reinstall it.
View attachment 11065073
I hope that we make the same joke with CP77 in ten years.
a blend of modern/classic deus ex with the witcher 3 quality side quest in terms of writing and design with some character customization/gameplay freedom will be the perfect blend for Cyberpunk 2077 god i love the deus ex series easily one of my favorite franchises out there

I don't have super high expectations. I think it will be a good game, and it will be fun. I think we will get much more of what we got from the witcher 3, but in the future. I'm fine with that. Personally I've become even less excited after each night city wire. They've haven't really shown anything that interest me.

This game has generated so much hype that there are people who are bound to be disappointed as they expect this to be some sort of a reality simulator in 2077.

I am excited for what they have shown so far and the prologue section is already quite breathtaking!

Miles Tost said that we haven't seen anything yet though which leads me to believe that there could be some mind blowing awesomeness laced with badass-sauce and some extra swaggerjuice that's coming our way.

I dont think I have ever seen any game being as hotly anticipated as this one. Maybe the Elder Scrolls games but even those weren't really as hyped up as this.

Game of the year is definitely something i can bet on. But as some say it could be a game of the decade

I never played the first Deus Ex and I didnt fully enjoy the Human Revolution and Mankind Divided cause it felt so clunky to me and the scope that the game tried to portray was a bit of a disappointment when you 'couldn't go there'
I feel CP2077 will be my 'Deus Ex' that I always wanted.

Dont get me wrong I think Deus Ex had some really interesting things going for it but I feel the execution wasnt as polished as they might have wanted.

I dont think I have ever seen any game being as hotly anticipated as this one.

You should've seen Bethesda's forums back in 2007 when they first started sharing info about Fallout 3. It went sour (and even louder) quite quickly, though, when people learned what kind of game it was.

I never played the first Deus Ex and I didnt fully enjoy the Human Revolution and Mankind Divided cause it felt so clunky to me and the scope that the game tried to portray was a bit of a disappointment when you 'couldn't go there'
I feel CP2077 will be my 'Deus Ex' that I always wanted.
I'm beginning to wonder if comparing Cyberpunk to Deus Ex is just going to set us up for disappointment.

I don't think I have heard CDPR refer to CP2077 as an immersive sim. Cyberpunk will probably have branching paths, like an adventure game, but not the simulation aspect nor the freedom.

In trailers I see plenty of scripted scenarios and bespoke triggerable events like hacking a boxing robot to kill a person but little sign of consistent rule-based gameplay mechanics that immersive sims are known for.

At this point in time, I don't know what option to vote for.
The ideas I read or discussed over the years I gave up on them.
Now I hope that the game, with its story, systems and mechanics, will make me have fun playing it and make me feel like being part of the world.

My expectations are quite low for this game, partly due to a couple of reasons;

1. CDPR aren't good in the gameplay department, in particular combat. CDPR couldn't get melee right for Witcher and now we're expecting good FPP melee combat? FPS for the first time for CDPR?

2. Tone of the game as depicted in marketing, my interest has been dropping ever since the 48 minute demo.

3. Influencers shoved in

4. Lack of RPG mechanics being shown and as @kofeiiniturpa stated, to what 'magnitude' can said stats/rpg influence and shape core gameplay mechanics. We still do not know

I'm merely waiting for reviews and benchmarks and even then would probably wait for DLC upgrades and the inevitable patches to fix this game.

I'm beginning to wonder if comparing Cyberpunk to Deus Ex is just going to set us up for disappointment.

Well, for me Deus Ex (specially Human Revolution and Mankind Divided) have a very different scenario than Cyberpunk 2077.

Deus Ex is an Utopia that lives in a political crisis, and Adam Jensen is a very special agent, mainly because he is one of the few augmented, that tries to solve a political crisis, with high tech resources.

But Cyberpunk 2077 is the opposite, it's a Dystopic future, with cultural, social and political issues, dominated by the corporations, which maintains power by controling the government system. V is not special, not meant to save the world and be the hero, it's not about changing Night City, it's about surviving by yourself in a cruel world (at least that's the Mike Pondsmith's vision of it and I don't see CDPR changing it for this game).

Considering that, if you play Cyberpunk 2077 expecting Deus Ex protagonist, resources and scenario, you probably will end up very disappointed.

In the other hand, Deus Ex is a much more linear experience, and it's not really a big open world, not a lot of activities, something that Cyberpunk 2077 will probably have.

So depends on what aspects of Deus Ex you wish to see in Cyberpunk 2077. I think that Cyberpunk 2077 is better compared to Blade Runner (the first movie).

Top Bottom