Honest expectations?

+

My expectation of the experience I'm going to get from Cyberpunk 2077 is that...

• ...it's going to be bad, all things considered. Not my mug of beer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
3 Months after release CDPR will declare bankruptcy.

That would suck but if that is gonna the way it goes, I hope CDPR goes to Activision.

Even though I hope this game helps them to expand, I think Cyberpunk and Witcher are good series, but I would add Vampire RPG and Sons of Anarchy style Motorbike RPG game too. Focus on RPG to see how big one can grow. Its no brainer its multi-billion genre. I bet one can grow to 10 billion business with RPGs.

My expectation of Cyberpunk 2077 is a Delux-enhanced edition of Fallout 4 which is one of my favorite games.
It would be great for me. :cool:
But for someone who does not like Fallout or Elder Scroll, 2077 may not be a good choice. :shrug:

For Honor.
Innovative gamedesign. Nothing on the market compares.
Clusterfuck release mostly because they thought 4v4 peer to peer is a good idea.

Has since gotten: Servers, Major overhaul of various combat mechanics including the all important lag compensation, New game modes, continued support with balance changes and fixes.

And literally right now theres a tournament with a 35K price pool entirely given out by Ubisoft despite fighting games being way more "niche" than what ubisoft usually produces (e.g. Siege is way more popular) and the game being almost 4 years old.
have the game and even as of week ago it was still shit lag compensation doesnt work it flat out bars about 30% of people from playing online for no reason. Good friend has fiber optic inernet and much better than i do and forhonor wont let him play.
Post automatically merged:

3 Months after release CDPR will declare bankruptcy.
wont happen

If the witcher was good with his secondary missions, imagine the possibilities they have now XD

At least we can agree the game won't be bad.
that much was made obvious when it got 4 game awards without CDPR at the event to try and sell it to the judges and the people at the event. with the 5th award being the most anticipated game

I agree with the principle that there will be place for improvements (there is a ton for that already with CP), but in my experience the Witcher series declined game after game gameplaywise and whilst everything else went downhill, all they managed to improve was visuals, audio and "cinematic storytelling".
Oh... true, true. Recently I talked with a friend about our past experience with The Witcher games ; he plays mostly for the challenge, while I play for the story (when it's worth it), and my personal RP. He was disappointed in the long run, and he recalled me of why he doesn't want to play again, due to game design matter especially. And I think he is right, I thought the games were greater over time - in my terms - because I played Witcher 1 and 3 and the first one seemed way too linear to me, and stiff gameplay, old-school design, well, I didn't like playing it and I gave up after a few hours.

The irony in this story is that the third opus has terrible game design too (the obsolescence of the equipment is old-school too, and a bad design choice), but I occulted this part in my mind in benefit of enjoying the story, playing the game "my" way and avoiding missions or events that didn't suit my style :whistle: Cutting a part of the experience to enjoy the other part to the fullest. Which means that you and my friend were right in that regard.

Now I've said this, I think it doesn't change my expectations for CP77 ; I think it's not gonna be that great but I hope it will suit my style. Finally I could add that I'm curious about the "non-linear" story they spoken, but my hype has gone before I could place better hopes on this feature. Wait and see.

My expectations are that Cyberpunk will be a good game, maybe even a great one. I think it will be an underwhelming RPG experience, as well as an underwhelming FPS experience, but a good enough overall package with lots of bells and whistles that push many gaming standards forward. I certainly expect a more meaningful open world than other offerings on the market, as well as best-in-class storytelling - although I find the setting to be a bit generic, so I don't think the story itself or the characters will impress as much as they did in The Witcher.

Wait and see indeed.

I just know it will be worth the money content and time wise, definitely, even if I might be nitpicking on a few things down the line (ideally, not).

although I find the setting to be a bit generic, so I don't think the story itself or the characters will impress as much as they did in The Witcher.
Personally, for me this is one of the best things about the game so far, but to each their own.

have the game and even as of week ago it was still shit lag compensation doesnt work it flat out bars about 30% of people from playing online for no reason. Good friend has fiber optic inernet and much better than i do and forhonor wont let him play.
Post automatically merged:

wont happen

While I agree bankruptcy isnt possible, but their goal is ambitious, 20 mill in 6 month is tough stuff. If that goal isnt met, bad thing can go down. EA kicked their damn boss when SWTOR didnt do good. It comes down to what kind of company CDPR. They are still so new.

I personally like the Ubisoft Path. Make more games, with iess money., so you dont need to sell so many copies. Just saying. If darkness grow over CDPR.

Last edited:
While I agree bankruptcy isnt possible, but their goal is ambitious, 20 mill in 6 month is tough stuff. If that goal isnt met, bad thing can go down. EA kicked their damn boss when SWTOR didnt do good. It comes down to what kind of company CDPR. They are still so new.

I personally like the Ubisoft Path. Make more games, with iess money., so you dont need to sell so many copies. Just saying. If darkness grow over CDPR.
they said when covid started they set aside enough profits thoughout past years to see themselfs through like 5 straight bad years. all the negativity now will be gone and mostly forgotten in 7 or 8 months as all focus will be on game and expansions

they said when covid started they set aside enough profits thoughout past years to see themselfs through like 5 straight bad years. all the negativity now will be gone and mostly forgotten in 7 or 8 months as all focus will be on game and expansions

Well I just wanted to put the "worst case scenario" out there. Ubisoft 2.0 wouldnt be bad strategy in gaming industry. After all they have managed to grow to 5k staff with tons of studios and loads of money.

Be a bit hard (not impossible) to fire the "Bosses" at CDPR since they are majority stockholders.

That said, I don't think CP2077 will have any trouble turning a good profit.
Will it make the billions most game companies consider "successful", maybe, maybe not. But I don't think most of CDPRs stockholders expect those kind of short term returns, and those that do are free to sell their stock, someone else will be happy to buy it for long term steady profits.

I'm expecting a pretty nice experience, a sizeable amount of visual bugs and glitches in the first couple weeks. But an overall fun time. I'm expecting a very immersive world that I can get lost in for a couple hundred hours, just enjoying the views. I'm not expecting an alternate reality to explore with countless ways to interact with, just a fun place to be.

Interesting. Around 4th of the voters are more or less on the fence about the greatness of this game. 128 votes is a small take to draw conclusions though.

My expectations are pretty much the same as it was for the witcher 2-3 great-to-high as they have been pretty consistent in their magnificent quality and not only that, but they had made it a point to work very closely with the literal creator of CP2k77 Mr. Pondsmith himself! Were this bethesda, ea or bioware, then I'd have extremely low expectations indeed!

My expectations for Cyberpunk 2077 is an AAA RPG from CDPR that is at least as good as The Witcher 3.

As I been following CDPR since the first Witcher, I can say without doubt that Cyberpunk 2077 will be as good if not better than The Witcher 3. Will it be a Masterpiece that shows what Next gen is really made of, no clue... and I could care less. As long as CDPR does their magic for Cyberpunk 2077 as they been doing this whole time. It's going to be amazing!!!

Low expectations on the combat and driving side just to be safe. The character builds, and CDPR style dialogue is where all my expectations are at. And of course a bit of bugs. lol a game this big? no bugs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom