Hop on a car and ride around

+
Since the minimap requires so much attention when driving and fast travel is instantaneous I've found that despite a couple hundred hours across three playthroughs I haven't spent enough time looking at CPs greatest asset... Night City itself. I found it quite fun to take a trip around the city on a few cars, I noticed several things I hadn't before... lighting tricks off the various textures, details in the buildings and streetscape that I didn't have the bandwidth to notice while playing the game. Of course you also notice a lot of the weird clipping bugs going on with the flying cars and you really get an idea of how nonexistent the NPC AI is, but at least these were things I was already aware of.

when you say 'on' do you mean roof riding? If so, I've been missing a trick there... I have enjoyed the same sights and observations and vistas as you while in a car or on a bike.. and jacking cars you like and riding in them is a lot of fun.. but I didn't think about 'car surfing' without driving them yourself until you mentioned that... something to try !!

Also I really want full convertibles for the view none in game yet, apart from that battered old semi wrecked heap of a gold Villefort, and this beauty that wasn't drivable..

Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-13 21-49-48 EDIT.png
but

I usually apply a small amount of acceleration then enter/exit photo mode and cruise control is applied lol.
To drive around at 20mph actually bypasses a lot of issues..

If any I learnt anything its that this game engine can't render at speed. Loading object and NPC ai interferes with player inputs.

At 20mph it actually behaves better.

when you say 'on' do you mean roof riding? If so, I've been missing a trick there... I have enjoyed the same sights and observations and vistas as you while in a car or on a bike.. and jacking cars you like and riding in them is a lot of fun.. but I didn't think about 'car surfing' without driving them yourself until you mentioned that... something to try !!

Also I really want full convertibles for the view none in game yet, apart from that battered old semi wrecked heap of a gold Villefort, and this beauty that wasn't drivable..

View attachment 11161892but
There are a couple of NPC owned convertibles around. They're great for cruising in first person view. I never tested whether they respawned after a day of non-use though, I just occasionally encounter one, and if I'm in a mood for touring around the city, I always steal em.

Car surfing is enjoyable to take in the sites unless you make the mistake of trying to do it in the more congested areas of the city. Then you invariably get stuck behind some vehicle that's stopped in the middle the road for no reason, and won't move, even if you shoot the vehicle to destruction out from under them. I try to use the pickups, for an immersive standpoint, standing in the bed.

Hopefully in the future updates CDPR will address the AI issues with traffic/pedestrians and you'll be able to cruise the entire map as a passenger.

Clearing the road.png

Clearing the road for Judy...

Last edited:
I try to use the pickups, for an immersive standpoint, standing in the bed.

Hopefully in the future updates CDPR will address the AI issues with traffic/pedestrians and you'll be able to cruise the entire map as a passenger.

I dig the flatbed box trucks. I found one that has a nice long path from the city center onto the freeway in a loop around the city that was a nice ride.

There are a couple of NPC owned convertibles around. They're great for cruising in first person view. I never tested whether they respawned after a day of non-use though, I just occasionally encounter one, and if I'm in a mood for touring around the city, I always steal em.

Thanks, I actually got one now, thanks to the 'Calling all Vehicles' mod.. it's one of those big 6 wheel models, not quite same colour range as the premium hardtops but great fun to own... I also got the Shion targa which is semi open..

!!Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-31 19-33-51.png

Top Bottom