Hopes for Character Creation

+
The other thing about height , at the start of the demo male V is taller than Female V that`s two different places NPC have to look to make eye contact . When V meets Meredith Stout she is wearing high heels while V is wearing high heel boots but Stout is still taller when V takes the chip off her . Basicly i am saying i think you might be able to adjust height.

The other thing about height , at the start of the demo male V is taller than Female V that`s two different places NPC have to look to make eye contact . When V meets Meredith Stout she is wearing high heels while V is wearing high heel boots but Stout is still taller when V takes the chip off her . Basicly i am saying i think you might be able to adjust height.

i like that male V is taller than female V just like in real life.

For height, do you all think there will be set body types? (short and stocky, tall and slender, big and muscly, etc...) Or do you think we'll get sliders to customize our height and weight? My money is on the set body types.

You don't need sliders to mkae your character unique. Just in the Nose, Mouth, Ears, and Jaw options alone there are at least 1000 combinations (assuming my math is correct, and it probably isn't) I think this works for the game, especially for it being in FPP. Those of us who want to customize our characters can and have more than enough to play with, and those of don't care as it is FPP don't feel they have to spend forever on the CC page. Happy middle ground maybe?

It's still a RPG first and foremost so I imagine everyone's itching to make their own character. If not I bet 99% of the people who don't care will stick to default male/female V anyway.
Post automatically merged:

For height, do you all think there will be set body types? (short and stocky, tall and slender, big and muscly, etc...) Or do you think we'll get sliders to customize our height and weight? My money is on the set body types.

I doubt we'll get sliders for height and body type, probably just presets. I imagine V has to be fit as a mercenary anyway so beer bellies are out of the question :LOL: it'd be too difficult for the cutscenes, right?

Last edited:
I did not see body customization, but it is possible that not all menus were shown in the demo. It would be an understandable limitation though if it was limited to head customization, clothes, skin, etc., but no height or body type, as those may make it harder to avoid issues related to animations and clipping.

i think Dragon Dogma did character creation very well.

It was pretty good, but DD is nowhere near as complex as CP2077 is gunna be.

I would love to make my own companion like in DD lol. I hope we get to buy gear for our companions, but I kinda have a feeling they'll just wear the same thing all the time? I dunno!

Off topic but I would love a dog companion too

anybody see a body type slider in the 48 gameplay demo?
I did not see body customization, but it is possible that not all menus were shown in the demo. It would be an understandable limitation though if it was limited to head customization, clothes, skin, etc., but no height or body type, as those may make it harder to avoid issues related to animations and clipping.
Yeah on the biological appearance "bios scan" page we only see "face" which probably wouldn't include body. The other options are hair, scars and other. I would guess it's under "other" as the narrator specifically says we can choose the player's body type (it's mentioned at 1:14 in the demo). Also RE sliders, I would guess it would be similar to the other "sliders" we see, where it's more like a selection of ten or so presets for various body areas. But that's just a guess based on how it seems to work other places. Of course it could have changed by now, but that's how it appears they were doing it back then.

Yeah on the biological appearance "bios scan" page we only see "face" which probably wouldn't include body. The other options are hair, scars and other. I would guess it's under "other" as the narrator specifically says we can choose the player's body type. Also RE sliders, I would guess it would be similar to the other "sliders" we see, where it's more like a selection of ten or so presets for various body areas. But that's just a guess based on how it works other places.

RE??

I doubt we'll get sliders for height and body type, probably just presets. I imagine V has to be fit as a mercenary anyway so beer bellies are out of the question :LOL: it'd be too difficult for the cutscenes, right?

Yeah, I suppose since we don't get much say about being a mercenary, V's body type should match that. Plus in a world of body modifications, beer bellies might be a thing of the past. Either way, I think presets work better for the game.

Blade runner 2049 coat-630x552.jpg
4017bb5fc5dc8226e2f3f6341d5811f9.jpg

I dont care how i look like as long as CD projekt RED have a fur hooded jacket inside cyberpunk 2077. Paying tribute to K from blade runner 2049 and Kogami Shiinya from Psycho Pass.

P.S: i also hope you can customize yourself as Asian inside the game. Just saying.

In the gameplay, it seemed like they had a variety of ethnicities to pick from when customising your character.

In the gameplay, it seemed like they had a variety of ethnicities to pick from when customising your character.

Indeed. Night City is a diverse place, and it is reflected in the NPC population. As such when creating V, we should, and will, be given that same range of diversity.

My hope for the cc is:
1- ABS
2-ABS
3-Heigh , let me make my F!V as tall as I want her to be . Fuck that whole 'Must be short cose Dumb Dumb said so'' .
4- a Mirror of some kind in our appartement or whatever , so we can change our look whenever .

Dragon Dogma , Sims 4 and Saint Row are an exellent exemple of a good cc :D Loved all 3 ! :love:

Sims 4...let you change the body..from curvy to Absy to thin..to medium..to whatever . Dragon Dogma..has so much customization , I freaking made the tallest mage ever! and Saint Row...them ABS....especially in SR4.....butt kicking in boots! Woot!

Multiple posts deleted or edited. The topic is not "who is more or less casual." Drop it now. Also ridiculing others for their opinions on game design is not okay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom