Horizon Zero Dawn

+
Love the Horizon series. The worlds that GG builds are so detailed and full of life and have amazing background stories such as all the old war machines littering the landscape.

But the one thing I was so excited that GG added was Gyro Aim. Horizon was made for Gyro Aim. The ability to quickly and accurately make precise shots as if youre using a mouse makes the combat so much more satisfying. It makes "dancing" with the machines faster and a lot more fun for ranged combat. Played my first play through on the hardest difficulty and loved it.

Actually, when I watch other players post videos on the subreddit who use traditional stick aiming, its almost hilariously cringe due to how much slower and clunky their aiming can be lol. No different than KnM players watching them. But Gyro Aim is something I wished Cyberpunk 2077 had. Hell even Flick Stick method would be excellent. Would make the combat even more satisfying and intuitive for controller players.
In other words it takes more skill to play with a gamepad and is actually more realistic as if forces you to do things with a bow like in real life such as using your feet to aim. But then again what I would I know about bows being half Dakotah (Sioux) and shooting bows for 50 years .....

You guys heard about the remake/remaster of the original game? I find it rather mind-boggling to be honest, it's still one of the most handsome games I've ever seen, not much to remaster there if you ask me

Nonsensical writing and characters' behavior, nice gameplay, and graphics.
Dropped it after 15-20 hours.
I gotta say that Ted Faro is a plain irredeemable villain with zero depth. Would've been cooler if Sylens was a Kreia type of antagonist party member (although he kinda is already, in a way). Also, most times Aloy is the undisputed smartest person around but others she feels like the most naïve/unintelligent. When the Matriarchs are bestowing upon her the rank and duty to be a Seeker, explaining what it is and what she must do... and she answers: "What's a Seeker?", I nearly laughed :coolstory:. However I like this as it makes her feel less Mary Sue-ish and more grounded/down to earth. I like the game and its story/lore, but if it wasn't for Aloy... I think I would never have cared about it.

Last edited:
You guys heard about the remake/remaster of the original game? I find it rather mind-boggling to be honest, it's still one of the most handsome games I've ever seen, not much to remaster there if you ask me
It has no RT tho! NEXT GEN!!!! omg. Im starting too loose hope for gaming tbh, so many remakes that seem pretty much like cash grabs -.- I played it pretty recently but i got tired of it pretty fast, feels like any open world assassins creed with markers and stealth. Its not a bad game at all and the world seems interesting but i just never got into it properly.

It has no RT tho! NEXT GEN!!!! omg. Im starting too loose hope for gaming tbh, so many remakes that seem pretty much like cash grabs -.- I played it pretty recently but i got tired of it pretty fast, feels like any open world assassins creed with markers and stealth. Its not a bad game at all and the world seems interesting but i just never got into it properly.
I just don't effing get it (beyond said cash grab), it's a modern-ass game, why the f does it need even more advanced graphics??? And I like HZD Aloy much better, I don't dislike her appearance in FW but for f*cking f*ck sake keep her original look! Makes sense that she looks younger in the first game anyway, I really hate that they have to overwrite everything like George Lucas with the SW OT special editions...

my only complaint was that the cities felt too bare compared to something like novigrad

This is not a rip on any other game - because games like Cyberpunk 2077 did a great job with Night City. But no city in a game has ever felt more like an actual city to me than Novigrad. It is hard for me to put a finger on it, but as I have thought about it I always think that it is maybe the music and sounds as much as the amount of people in Novigrad that make it feel so alive.

I think Novigrad might be my favorite location in any game ever made. It is just absurdly well done, IMO.

RT doing a lot for game, but next gen game itsn't about they add or not RT.
Just see how a game like as Cyberpunk running at Max/Utra/spycho setting without RT :)

don't forget all details on HZD ^^
the snow marks , or how an arrow go on target , how looks like swmming , how hour coth dry on sun ..
there's plenty of details on this game .
Or look at a game like as the Last God of War , not really focus on RT feature but the overhall gaphics , animation , facial expression 're so amazing .

Decima engine from Guerilla game is quite impressive

now a game take lije as withcher 3 , great game but now playing it you feel graphics a bit old dated , even at launch graphics was stunning
( waiting 14 dec , the next gen upgrade )

This is not a rip on any other game - because games like Cyberpunk 2077 did a great job with Night City. But no city in a game has ever felt more like an actual city to me than Novigrad. It is hard for me to put a finger on it, but as I have thought about it I always think that it is maybe the music and sounds as much as the amount of people in Novigrad that make it feel so alive.

I think Novigrad might be my favorite location in any game ever made. It is just absurdly well done, IMO.
Novigrad is like the Witcher world's King's Landing, I don't know if it's the whores, the criminals, the zealots, or all of it, but it feels like an actual medieval city.

Top Bottom