Horizon Zero Dawn

+
After being up all night:

Anyhoo... I had totally forgotten all controls. And basically everything that happens in the game. Except that it was awesome :D Starting to get comfortable with controls again.

First impressions:
Game continues being awesome
Landscapes are still awesome (had to stop in several places to play with photo mode).
Machines are dangerous.
Lots of interesting new stuff, which I can't buy yet :(
New wild life.
I forget to play the actual game, while just wondering around the area, killing machines and feeling happy.
Feeling myself kinda snow blind in that snowy and icy environment. Wildlife and all sorts of markers are a bit hard to detect during day time. Specifically when it's windy and snowing.

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107032556.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107032823.jpg
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107063048.jpg

Nice.. I took today off and crammed 12 hours of base game play in..went from 36% (finished game) to 74% completed base game ... I had a ton left to do,now I'm down to the hunting trials , corrupt areas hitting level 50 and 2 skills left to get..lol

I have it installed ...not sure if I plan to knock out the base game tnrw then start frozen wilds .. decisions decisions

TheShift;n9810631 said:
I took today off and crammed 12 hours of base game play in..went from 36% (finished game) to 74% completed base game

Yay!

TheShift;n9810631 said:
...now I'm down to the hunting trials

Good luck with that :D If you manage to maintain your sanity and complete everything, please tell me what was the most challenging task :D I'm still having nightmares about that one specific...

And then comes the flood of screenshots! I really like the snow in this game! I spend good amount of time with just making tracks into it :D Except Aloy, also wild animals leave really cool tracks into the snow.

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107083614.jpg
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107083716.jpg
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107083858.jpg
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20171107233829.jpg

Realy good screen shots..I only played around with it the very first day I got the game.

I've decided I'm going to complete the 6 errands I have left..and the corruption zones tonight the only thing left will be the hunting ground trophies..
So I plan to leave them for later so I can jump right in on the dlc.lol

During the holidays I started my ultra hard NG+ run with this game. Beginning was surprisingly easy, as long as I could find some cover from the environment. First really challenging place was
the cauldron where's a Thunderjaw as a boss. I had to use almost all my potions...

It really helps when you can keep all your weapons and other gear from the previous playthrough! Otherwise this would be a pure suicide mission for me :D If Horizon was deadly even in easy mode, if you weren't careful, it's definitely deadly now. Although not Bloodborne deadly yet, since you have time to heal while exploring, and you can change gear and save whenever. Enjoying the challenge, but more challenging times are ahead of me, since the machines are getting bigger and angrier, so... Let's see if I can finish the game with this difficulty, or do I have to give up :D At least I managed to get to the beginning of "Maker's End" quest.

To be continued.... At some point :)

pinoko;n10704131 said:
Looking forward to playing it!, especially seeing those NPCs

Awesome! I hope you will enjoy the game as much as me and others did =) Don't forget to keep us updated when you start playing it!

I'm def getting the PC version, but only in GOG. After seeing some walkthroughs I'm convinced this game is a work of art. Hopefully the sequel will eventually get a PC port

I'm def getting the PC version, but only in GOG. After seeing some walkthroughs I'm convinced this game is a work of art. Hopefully the sequel will eventually get a PC port
Very highly likely. And if you like Horizon Zero Dawn, You'll definately like Forbidden West. Playe through it with a 100 hour sitting, awesome game. Love the story.

And I have to come out and say it: I LOVE freaking Erend and Kotallo :)

I was a bit skeptical about fighting machines which normally isn't my thing but I got it anyway when it first came out on PC because I do like bows in games when they are done right and this game definitely does it right. There is plenty of variety with the bows and ammunition, you can switch easily and even craft arrows on the run. The ropecaster and tripcaster weapons are also a lot of fun and they did a really good job with the machines that mimic real animals. It's a lot of fun blasting off pieces the the machines plus they created a really good open world, my only gripe is the climbing mechanics are pretty limited (You can only climb on the "magic paint") and jumping can also be a bit wonky. They also did a good job with the difficulty levels in that rather than just the usual give the enemy more hit points and take away your hit points it changes your stealth effectiveness, and ups the chances of getting attacked by multiple machines rather than just the one or two closest to you. The story is kind of cool too and has some interesting twists and a good cast of supporting NPCs. Can't wait for Forbidden West to come to the PC and I still think it is a mistake to not release on PC at the same time and effectively double your sales like Microsoft is doing

Very highly likely. And if you like Horizon Zero Dawn, You'll definately like Forbidden West. Playe through it with a 100 hour sitting, awesome game. Love the story.

And I have to come out and say it: I LOVE freaking Erend and Kotallo :)
Masterpiece indeed - just can't wait for the Burning shores xpac.

Isn't the whole Mad Sun King plot kind of what would have happened in GOT/ASOIAF's Usurper's War had true justice prevailed?: The reasonable Mad King's son Avvad/Rhaegar gets crowned, with Erend/Ned Stark and Ersa/Lyanna Stark fighting beside him against the tyranny, only for Ersa to be killed by a jealous stalker, Dervahl/Robert Baratheon

Love the Horizon series. The worlds that GG builds are so detailed and full of life and have amazing background stories such as all the old war machines littering the landscape.

But the one thing I was so excited that GG added was Gyro Aim. Horizon was made for Gyro Aim. The ability to quickly and accurately make precise shots as if youre using a mouse makes the combat so much more satisfying. It makes "dancing" with the machines faster and a lot more fun for ranged combat. Played my first play through on the hardest difficulty and loved it.

Actually, when I watch other players post videos on the subreddit who use traditional stick aiming, its almost hilariously cringe due to how much slower and clunky their aiming can be lol. No different than KnM players watching them. But Gyro Aim is something I wished Cyberpunk 2077 had. Hell even Flick Stick method would be excellent. Would make the combat even more satisfying and intuitive for controller players.

As someone who adores open world games...

I found the characters, themes and setting in this world were... not my thing, to say the least. I returned it after about two hours of gameplay.

As someone who adores open world games...

I found the characters, themes and setting in this world were... not my thing, to say the least. I returned it after about two hours of gameplay.
It's the other way around for me but I'll say all characters pale in comparison to Aloy except for Sylens and Rost, but only the main character is truly memorable

Top Bottom