Horizon Zero Dawn

+
You're great with that camera thing. I have not used a filter on my photos, but surely a weather control would be nice. I'm playing my 5th game of TW3 now, and I enjoy the occasional snow. I secretly wish I could take it to Toussant for more dramatic shots. :D

DinkzOfRivia;n8436810 said:
You're great with that camera thing. I have not used a filter on my photos, but surely a weather control would be nice. I'm playing my 5th game of TW3 now, and I enjoy the occasional snow. I secretly wish I could take it to Toussant for more dramatic shots. :D

I'm playing Breath Of The Wild now, but so tempted to go back to Horizon. Link's feels a bit clumsy to control after Aloy. It's still fun game though, but it's not Witcher or Horizon :D

TheShift;n8882340 said:
Did you see this ?

I saw it now! Sooooo COOL! Can't wait to play this :) I really hope that this comes out sooner than December...

Also, I finally managed to get my boyfriend to play this. He wasn't that excited at first (when he saw me playing this), since he hates sneaking games and he's more of a "rush into the middle of enemy horde while screaming and waving your sword" type, but after few hours of playing he was totally hooked :D He almost forgot to progress with the story and spent a lot of time just stalking in the bushes and whistling to enemies :D

Last edited:
Haha.. I can relate to the Rambo technic

It don't take long to get off story either 8)
and hopefully ...yes before December would nice

So I dusted off my PS4 and gave Horizon a try, in general I enjoyed it and am going to try and get all the trophies. The visuals were stunning, story fairly good and the open world quests felt more like something out of Witcher 3 than out of an ubisoft game (thank god). Some of the side narratives were actually as interesting as the main plot, like the hunting lodge sideplot or things revolving Meridian and the sun king.

Though by the end of it I got sick of few aspects. Such as human encounters, the AI for people was abysmal and most of these encounters just ended up me sniping everyone with arrows in some random bush. Speaking of stealth, I found it annoying how Aloy was hidden only when she was ducking under a SPECIFIC bush, despite the fact that there being heavy vegetation everywhere.

Another aspect I kind of got sick of, was all of the footprint tracking you had to do. Someone at Guerrilla really liked all of the tracking you had to do in Witcher 3 it seems. It made sense in most situations, but for example tracking the footsteps of some guy in the marketplace of a large city seems just absurd.

Arvuti;n8925450 said:
Speaking of stealth, I found it annoying how Aloy was hidden only when she was ducking under a SPECIFIC bush, despite the fact that there being heavy vegetation everywhere.

I was also wondering that time to time. Specially in snowy regions seemed to be lots of places where I should have been hidden, but I wasn't. However, that didn't bother me that much, since there was plenty of those specific bushes around.

Love this game so far (I just returned to the Sacred Lands after leaving the quest Maker's End but before Grave Hoard).

I love that when I returned to Rost's grave for the second time, the dialogue had all changed. It's a fairly moving moment. It made me wonder if the dialogue at the grave is different after every main quest. Combat with the machines is awesome and it's the most fun stealth game I've played in some time. Few games combat is "fun" for me ... it's normally a means to an end. In this game it's fun. Plus the story is really interesting both for the character herself and the world's lore. Cool stuff 9.8/10 so far. Only negatives I have to say at this point are (1) the side characters are largely forgettable, (2) melee combat would benefit from a parry of some sorts, (3) more dialogue would be great, and (4) I think a few more sidequest lines would have done the game well (not filler side-quests ... questlines that last a few hours each). Otherwise, it's great.

Last edited:
Nice to hear that you are enjoying this :)

I'm waiting for that new DLC!

And after that, starts my NG+ with that new insane mode!

Been playing this for about a week now (since I got a PS4 Pro recently) and it's pretty good, but not even in the same ballpark as The Witcher 3 & Zelda though. The graphics, apart from facial animations which vary from passable to godawful, are outstanding. Probably the best I've ever seen.

Finished the game. Skipped through most of the side quests because I didn't really find them interesting (mostly just your basic open world fetch quests) and tbh, the first half of the story didn't really hold my interest very well either but oh boy the second half. That was brilliant. Overall, great story and gameplay mechanics but way, waay too much unnecessary padding.

eskiMoe;n9130170 said:
Overall, great story and gameplay mechanics but way, waay too much unnecessary padding.

So what do you think, are you going to try out that upcoming DLC?

Sunsibar;n9132340 said:
So what do you think, are you going to try out that upcoming DLC?
Not sure. Will hold on to my copy of the game for now to see if it gets good reviews.

Finished the game Saturday. All my above stuff basically remains. Wish the side characters were a little deeper and there was more depth to side quests. Otherwise it was great, especially the main quest. Would definitely recommend.

Finished it the other day. Could tell they took a lot of inspiration from Mass Effect 1. For the better, mind you!

Haven't had this spectacular of a finale since The Citadel invasion in ME1.

The game lacks a lot of the depth of the Witcher 3 when it comes to the dialogue and quest systems, but I feel it more than makes up for that in the gameplay department. Lots if variety and all of it is just polished to a tee!

Say what you want about The Witcher 3 being better, but with Horizon I don't have any urge to mod it (not that I could), that's how polished it is. The Witcher 3 is almost there, but not quite!

LukeSparow;n9237001 said:
The game lacks a lot of the depth of the Witcher 3 when it comes to the dialogue and quest systems...

Some part of me is hoping, that we are going to see a sequel some day, which improves quests and facial animations.

CDPR story and quest quality with Horizon combat? I think I just drooled a bit...

Sunsibar
We can only hope! The sales were surely good enough to warrant a sequel and the world they have crafted definitely has more than enough going on to mske many fascinating sequels!

It's not necessarily the facial animations that are the biggest niggle when it comes to dialogue imo. A lot of improvement can be had in the way conversations flow. Most of the characters in Horizon seem to be there to merely answer your questions, when in a real conversation both parties are usually trying to gain something from that conversation.

This is one of the many aspects where the Witcher 3 nails dialogue a lot better than Horizon.

I'm sure that if Guerrilla does a sequel we'll be up for a real treat with all they have undoubtedly learned over the course of the development of Horizon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom