Horizon Zero Dawn

+
So, we finally got the release date for Frozen Wilds. November 7th 2017 and it costs around 20 euros. New area and new machines are going to be available!

In the interview video on this page, they are calling this a "new chapter in Aloy's story", which includes lots of things to do. Unfortunately, they didn't give any hints about how many hours of new gameplay we can expect. Rest of the video is mostly discussion about the photomode, cosplayers, Aloy's missing romance options.

Nice! Looking forward to play this again.
maybe it will drive me to complete the game
I might do that before the dlc drops..just to get back in the "swing" of things

Overall I didn't like the writing that much and the roleplaying elements in HZD often felt kinda weird but from what I recently heard from someone working on this project the writing is going to improve a lot in the DLC. No idea if that's really the case but I had a lot of fun with the gameplay of HZD and I enjoyed exploring the world, so I'll give the dlc a shot when it's out :).

I really enjoyed HZD, especially the machine hunting and clearing camps in stealth mode. The world was gorgeous to dive into and I wished the game would be much longer. The end felt rushed, especially the end fight and the side characters deserved more spotlight. Looking forward to the DLC now..

I also wished there were more dinosaur type machines instead of animals.

KnightessRouge;n9498731 said:
I also wished there were more dinosaur type machines instead of animals.

Well, the DLC should add new machines to the game, so maybe we can see some dinosaurs when it comes out :D It would be great to hunt down something like Tallnecks!

Sunsibar;n9500201 said:
Well, the DLC should add new machines to the game, so maybe we can see some dinosaurs when it comes out :D It would be great to hunt down something like Tallnecks!

Hell yes! I would LOVE to hunt Tallnecks! Actually.. the bigger the better.

TheShift;n9761731 said:
Not long now.. it's 15$ u.s. on the playstation store

Yeah, only one more week to go! I already pre-ordered the DLC last week. So! Excited! Unfortunately my short vacation just ends at Tuesday :( Oh well, good bye good night sleep :D

Hmmm... Aloy in Monster Hunter is a nice option. Not sure though if it's enough attraction for me to get that game, but we'll see.

In any case, Horizon hype is here again!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...ndgame-content

The Frozen Wilds is an estimated 15-hour chunk of extra material, set in a bowling ball of new territory in the far north of the main game’s map. Its story runs concurrently with the main game, centering around the mystery of the so-called Daemon, a hidden force which is frenzying machines, setting up tentacular control towers that can repair and buff enemies, and making gorgeous blue smoke billow from the Death Mountain-like volcano at the center of this new area. It’ll also offer a more focused look at the nomadic Banuk tribe, who we bumped into only briefly during the core game.

Guerrilla makes clear that there’s a lot more to it than just the core story, however. The new area is typically gorgeous - aside from that volcano, it’s a sun-dappled vista of mountains and valleys peppered with stranger sights, from the Banuk’s rainbow-hued dye pools to a frozen, windswept tallneck. Sidequests will apparently offer more meaningful rewards than the core game, from the electricity-spewing new Stormslinger gun to the ability to make new modifications to Aloy’s spear.

and

One addition does carry over to the core game, however. A new skill tree, Traveler, is essentially a web of unlocks that make your life in the world slightly easier. It’s an odd choice - expanding your inventory and allowing you to pick items while mounted are definitely welcome changes, but making you spend hard-earned skill points on them feels a little miserly.

According to the developers, the area’s “tuned for the mid to late game” - around level 30. What that means for those who leveled all the way up to 50 remains to be seen, but it certainly looks challenging - the new Scorcher enemy mixes up brutal melee attacks with the ability to rain floating mines into your path. Those who finished Horizon certainly look to be getting a sizeable extra section, and the new story is at least intriguing, but the bulk of the changes here aren’t necessarily pitched at those in the endgame.

Rawls;n9768511 said:
Scorcher enemy mixes up brutal melee attacks with the ability to rain floating mines into your path

That "little doggy" seems to be a scary opponent :D As we know from Gwent, I'm not very good at handling Scorches... But maybe this one is easier? And did I also saw a "frozen Rockbreaker" somewhere on these videos? That is going to be... Interesting... (terrifying)

...from the electricity-spewing new Stormslinger gun to the ability to make new modifications to Aloy’s spear.

Stormslinger sounds so cool! It's also going to be interesting to see what kind of modifications we can make.

However, I'm at level 50 in my main game, so this sounds like the expansion should be easy to play? Somehow I doubt that, but we'll see. However, 15 hours of new gameplay definitely sounds good :) And after I have finished this expansion, is time to start the whole game again in that new insane mode. The sneaky ones robbed my platinum trophy from me when they added that difficulty level. I wan't my platinum back, so I'm also going to get it. Hopefully...

Sunsibar;n9771281 said:
However, I'm at level 50 in my main game, so this sounds like the expansion should be easy to play? Somehow I doubt that, but we'll see. However, 15 hours of new gameplay definitely sounds good And after I have finished this expansion, is time to start the whole game again in that new insane mode. The sneaky ones robbed my platinum trophy from me when they added that difficulty level. I wan't my platinum back, so I'm also going to get it. Hopefully...
Yeah I'm level 46. I think I'm going to start a new game + tonight. Although I'll be sad my spear and armor will be gone. I'm going to do it on hard mode so I can get the Nora Seeker face paint (which is apparently very important to me?)

EDIT: Oh! Shield Weaver carries over to ng+ save apparently. #win

Last edited:
There is so much gaming Content for me in the next month..I'm literally going to have to set up a schedule for play time.. I honestly don't know how I'm gona do it lol

This expansion is going to be very cool..

Rawls;n9788981 said:
12 minute gameplay video

I don't want to see spoilers... I_must_resist_spoilers... Oh damn... I want to see spoilers! SPOIL ME!!! I just quickly watch it and then I still have few days time to forget it? Right?

That new enemy behavior looks scary. I mean, it makes perfect sense, and definitely makes combat more scary challenging.

Only few more days...

Top Bottom