Horse Racing Bug: Missing Racing Master (Skellige)

+
Can confirm, same issue. I've done several quests on the island, and nobody is there to start the race.

When I went to start the last race the champion was standing next to a tree and next to her was the Race Master. She didn't have any icons or what not indicating that I should/could talk to her.

Talking to her started he race though.

Same problem here, Svana the priest (racemaster) does not appear next to the girl named Astrid the Viper. I have this bug since several weeks and still hoping it will be fixed...it's one of the last trophies to get for me. I'm on PS4.

Last edited:
I cannot start the Velen Crows perch horse race after post-game. I was hoping to finish up all that stuff after I beat the main story but the horse race quest just disappeared completely.

same problem here on PS4...
in the final horse mission "for the goddess glory" the NPC named Svana doesn't appear...
please give us an answer

Yep same, the NPC to start the Race around Lavrik isn't spawning. He was never there. I completed all other Quests in the area and he still did not spawn. :(

Same problem on PS4 1.04, support doesn't help;(

Problem description:
I\'ve won all the qualifying races, that part of the quest is ticked out, but when I get to the race\'s starting line there\'s standing one non-interactable npc named Astrid the Vipress and no way to start the race. Tried waiting ingame and restartng the game.

Greetings,

Did you try to reload the gamesave to previously saved point?

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Unfortunately, I haven't this savegame.

Greetings,

If it's possible try to reload the gamesave.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Playing on PC i can confirm that this missing race NPC will occur if you trigger/start/finish (?) some contract quest from the nearby village Larvik, i had just finished the "Contract: Monster on the High Road/Strange beast" (with the cart in the middle of the road, the cave and nekkers) and the race NPC was then missing (tried to meditate waiting for her to reappear without success), thankfully i was able to get back to a recent save made before triggering those Larvik quests ("Contract: Monster on the high road/Strange beast" + "Contract: Morkvarg/In wolf's clothing") and the race NPC was there, allowing me to race.

Thank to Valhaal for mentioning how to avoid that bug.

Last edited:
Same problem on PS4 1.04, support doesn't help;(

Problem description:
I\'ve won all the qualifying races, that part of the quest is ticked out, but when I get to the race\'s starting line there\'s standing one non-interactable npc named Astrid the Vipress and no way to start the race. Tried waiting ingame and restartng the game.

Greetings,

Did you try to reload the gamesave to previously saved point?

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Unfortunately, I haven't this savegame.

Greetings,

If it's possible try to reload the gamesave.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

That's some utterly lousy support. Did she not hear you the first time? There is no previous save to go back to, it's not possible. Why continue suggesting unhelpful advice?

This bug has been going on for a good month now and it's still being ignored. The solution will never be knowing how to avoid this bug, but to fix it so it doesn't happen regardless.

Top Bottom