HoS Difficulty being Nerfed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
HoS Difficulty being Nerfed?

So apparently CDPR is making some changes to the boss encounters in the first expansion.

Marcin Momot is quoted as saying that "there will be some balancing changes to all of the boss encounters in HoS with patch 1.11" (link below).

I can understand nerfing the difficulty for people that are playing on "just story" or "normal," but what about us folks that are on "blood and broken bones" or "death march"? I like the increased difficulty of HoS, and it seems a bit unreasonable to force blanket changes on all players when there are at least an equal number of people who seem to enjoy the challenge.

I realize that I am not privy to the details of 1.11, and that this post may be a bit hasty, and if that is the case I apologize to the REDs. I just want to make sure that my epic struggle with Iris' nightmare doesn't turn into an afternoon tea.

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/10/21/the-witcher-3-1-11-patch-will-include-balance-tweaks-for-hearts-of-stone-bosses-other-fixes-confirmed/

Please don't. The bosses were one of the highlights of the expansion. I was pleasantly surprised to finally encounter a real challenge on Death March where I really had to think about what gear and potions to use. In fact I'm hoping they revise some boss encounters for the regular game and up the challenge there as well.

I sure hope not, I'm really enjoying the increased level of challenge provided from the challenge. Witcher games, at least to me are supposed to be very hard.

Finished it on death march yesterday. And it was as hard as I expected, I don't know why those nerfs have been suggested... Are the bosses, on easy and normal, broken or something ?

An option to disable soft targeting would be grand as I doubt I will ever be able to defeat a certain healing wraith without it being underlevelled as my Geralt is.
Caretaker was no problem, went down in one try, but if an enemy regens 5000+ per second and my blsde only does 700-1000 per hit, well... I really need to be able to target whatever heals that wraith quickly.

The only problem i had in HoS was the final nightmare, took me several times to defeat it on death march (with scaling). Caretaker wasn't a real issue, the fight was funny for me because i kiting him around the fountain (i think). I hope that CDPR will keep the bosses difficulty as their are now except the nightmares.
One thing that i like in HoS is that the difficulty escalate as i advance in the quest.

No Nerf please! They aren't hard even on Death March, starting it at level 32. They're just more elaborated. We need to learn and adapt. Once we did, it's just fun! HYate people that blame the game when it is their lack of experience what makes some Boss too hard. Instead of learning from their mistakes they want the world to indulge them. Blergh! That's no growth.

Indeed, if there is nerfing needed it should be only for lower difficulties, which i wouldn't believe to be too tough to be honest. Difficulty finally felt balanced and challenging for the first time on death march, as it should be. There is always option to lower difficulty.

Please don't. The bosses were one of the highlights of the expansion. I was pleasantly surprised to finally encounter a real challenge on Death March where I really had to think about what gear and potions to use. In fact I'm hoping they revise some boss encounters for the regular game and up the challenge there as well.
^THIS !
if it ain't broken, don't fix it. we witcher fans, especially long date ones, have been hungry for challenging monsters and bosses. we WANT to SUFFER, to die over and over again, and force us to use every ounce of potions, and tactics possible to defeat the beasts in question.

we don't want our game to get casualized, for godsake x_x

I hope they reconsider this decision....I admit, the bosses were more challenging than in vanilla game (except for Imlerith they were rather easy I found) but not too hard. If it was too hard for some players then there is always the option to change the difficulty.
At least I hope CDRP will provide the option to either play HoS on vanilla difficulty or the planned nerfed one.

Don';t you dare nerfing bosses!!

Some of them were challenging but absolutely doable even without OP swords+alchemy build.

I killed them all on broken bones difficulty using a pure signs build although most bosses had immunity to burning effect and damage I was doing to them was not that good. Only before the last boss I switched to alchemy+ signs build and I still was fighting him mostly using my swords +oil+some decotions\potions. and occasional quen

There is nothing wrong with the Bosses in HoS. They fights are great.
Maybe you die a few times, but at the end, the bosses aren't hard or even ... unbalanced ...

Or CDPR could implement an ingame store ... selling "I'm to awesome" Potions for real money and every boss and monster dies from a heart attack when they see the Witcher.

If you nerf the difficulty of the bosses and/or mobs make it seperate patch out of it without any other changes/improvements, so I don't have to download it. Finally you nailed the difficulty and now you are trying to go back to the cakewalk difficulty of the base game? Wtf? Why? Because some people don't want any challenge?
What about all the people complaining about the base game difficutly? What about all the ten thousands of people who downloaded different mods, which make the game more challenging? (haven't seen a single mod, which makes the game easier yet) The game becomes a joke in terms of difficulty after the first 10-15 hours but even with a lot of people complaining about it, you didn't increase the difficulty, so why do now the opposite with HoS? I hope this is not true. i don't care about the lower difficulties. If it makes people happy not being able to die don't let the bosses do any damage at all or give Geralt invulnerability but please don't touch Death March.

Last edited:
The nerf is NOT really necessary! Those who want to play with no pain can play in easy or normal mode it's logical.

"hardcore gamer" have the choice of difficulty 3,4, the bosses are finally real challenges.

It forces finally to use all the potential of the witcher (oil, potion, bomb, signs, skill).

Moreover in my opinion, CD Projekt should rather work again the fights of boss of the basic game rather to align itself with HoS.

Last edited:
HoS's bossfight difficulty isnt on par with the regular game. I got really frustrated, cause I needed to lower the difficulty just for an endboss after 50 tries. The loading screen is just too long (90 seconds on Xbox one) for such experimental seasons.

HoS's bossfight difficulty isnt on par with the regular game. I got really frustrated, cause I needed to lower the difficulty just for an endboss after 50 tries. The loading screen is just too long (90 seconds on Xbox one) for such experimental seasons.

Sorry but you just can down the level of difficulty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom