HoS Difficulty being Nerfed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be great and more cocky than " crying pussy difficulty" ;)

More seriously if you're not abble to, you down the difficulty as your real skill level . It is not complicated, we have nothing without anything in life.

there should be an extra difficulty level for you guys: the "nerds with too much time" difficulty

Nice insult there, but thats exactly what the hardest difficulty should be in a game, challenging. Like people said, if its too hard for you there is no shame in lowering the difficulty. I dont care what they do with the other difficulties, but leave Death March as it is in HoS.

I agree, there is no need to nerf any bosses at least on the hardest difficulty levels. If they seem to be too hard on lower levels, then I say nerf bosses on those difficulty levels.

Overall it feels that the whole thing with difficulty levels is someway blurred. I would quess that the idea with difficulty levels is - and has always been - to offer players different kind of experience depending on what they are looking or/and how challenging they want to game to be. However nowadays it seems that also hardest difficulty levels should be only that hard that most of the people can pass the game with it. Otherwise there will be complains about how enemies are bad designed and op and etc. instead that these people would actually ask themselves that should they maybe use lower difficulty level.

Otherside is what I call - not so kindly, yes I admit - "arrogant gamers" who loves to rant about how they beat game with hardest level easily and so on. Okey that is nice for them and so on. The problem comes when some of these people also see that it is their mission to mock those people who might have problems with game (or some aspects of it) or aren't maybe that good than these "elitists". (in worst case this might discourage people to ask help etc. because they might fear these responses like "lol how someone can have problems with thing x)

To make a conclusion. Everyone should play games the way they like it. Games should be entertaining and there shouldn't be anything wrong if someone wants to play the game with lowest difficult nor if that one person might have some problems with that difficulty too and needs some advice. And on the other hand it should be accepted that hardest difficulty levels aren't for everyone and there isn't nothing wrong in that in either direction.

Last edited:
goddomit im still in skellige

by the time i get to playing the expansion itll probably be like someone just switched difficulty to just the story

cdpr pls keep death march as it is

option to lower difficulty as you play exists for a reason

I have a brilliant idea - make the game completely impossible to play and impossible to survive longer than 1 second with Mastercrafted Gear after a Level 1 Drowner shows up somewhere in Velen, take out the quicksave option but make perma-death and insert some spare savepoints every 5 reallife hours in the game, and for people who find this way to easy give them an option to spawn a constant river of Level 999 enemys flowing like a river against Geralt coming from all sides all the time (except in Novigrad).
This "new well-balanced enhanced gameplay" :D should make everyone happy, and all problems are solved.

P.S.
PLEASE don`t to this, this posting was for sarcasm-purpose only.
Making HoS more easy is important because compared to the original Witcher 3 game the bosses are that hard even on "Story only" difficulty that they were impossible to defeat - even when 5 Levels above them (Level 38) they can be defeated with cheats only....

I don't understand the logic of players attempting to play at higher difficulties who then find it impossible to defeat a boss and then make comments like 'i was forced to turn down the difficulty level to defeat this boss', and expect the boss to be nerfed or re-balanced so they can defeat them at those higher difficulty levels. If you can't you can't, don't expect the devs to make higher difficulties less difficult for you. Level 32 wolves in Death March NG+ can kill my level 38 Geralt in 4-5 hits. Eredin, Caranthir and Imlerith can kill Geralt in 2-3 hits in DM NG+. No ones forcing you to challenge yourself and go thru this hell.

Also, I have a strong feeling many players complaining about the HoS difficulty are attempting it at much lower levels than the recommended 32. In the main game, even in the second lowest difficulty, I recall being instantly murdered by high leveled monsters I had no business fighting. Won't be a popular choice, but to avoid this from happening the devs can just lock the expansion until players reach level 32 (62 or play as an individual game). It's better than trying to nerf a level 32 quest into a level 22 quest.

Making HoS more easy is important because compared to the original Witcher 3 game the bosses are that hard even on "Story only" difficulty that they were impossible to defeat - even when 5 Levels above them (Level 38 ) they can be defeated with cheats only....

I'm repeating myself here but what the heck:
HoS Bosses aren't hard even on Death March, starting it at level 32. They're just more elaborated, each with its own particularities. We need to learn and adapt. Once we do that, it's just fun! Hate people that blame the game when it is their lack of experience what makes some Boss too hard. Instead of learning from their mistakes they want the world to indulge them and nerf everything to make it easier for them. Blergh! There is no growth in that.

Bosses don't need balancing, its the regular monsters that do. Fallen knights take like 20 hits before they go down, yet they are able to kill you with 2-3. I know its death march but this is ridiculous. My sword goes down to 50% from clearing 2 camps of them.

So apparently CDPR is making some changes to the boss encounters in the first expansion.

Marcin Momot is quoted as saying that "there will be some balancing changes to all of the boss encounters in HoS with patch 1.11" (link below).

I can understand nerfing the difficulty for people that are playing on "just story" or "normal," but what about us folks that are on "blood and broken bones" or "death march"? I like the increased difficulty of HoS, and it seems a bit unreasonable to force blanket changes on all players when there are at least an equal number of people who seem to enjoy the challenge.

I realize that I am not privy to the details of 1.11, and that this post may be a bit hasty, and if that is the case I apologize to the REDs. I just want to make sure that my epic struggle with Iris' nightmare doesn't turn into an afternoon tea.

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/10/21...hearts-of-stone-bosses-other-fixes-confirmed/

Hi! The re-balance will mainly affect the "just story" and "normal" difficulties and won't have a big effect on "blood and broken bones" or "death march". We will also address the disappearing of rune words and glyphs as @cyberpunkforever mentioned.

Hi! The re-balance will mainly affect the "just story" and "normal" difficulties and won't have a big effect on "blood and broken bones" or "death march". We will also address the disappearing of rune words and glyphs as @cyberpunkforever mentioned.
thank you very much sir for the reply :D
yay "death march" and "blood & broken bones" have been spared ! (i hope)

Good to read :) But if I may it shouldn't have any effect on broken bones and Death march. We play those mods for challenge. So please if you can don't nerf at all in those difficulties. I am aware it must be more complicated than that^^ But I trust you to do what's best for the game. You are the judges people. Thank for the awesome game by the way^^

Last edited:
Patch 1.11 and casual

Many have begun to complain about difficult bosses in the new DLC and CD Project will make them easier to patch 1.11. I propose to begin to complain, even on the contrary raise the level of difficulty throughout the game to the latest DLC.

The whining before was that the fights were too easy. Now the complain is that they are too hard. Those who complain now are acting like pregnant woman. Decide already, what do you want. And if the fights are tough for you - OPTIONS>>GAMEPLAY>>DIFFICULT LEVEL - It is so simple.
I support Alex_Khevs - Raise the level of difficulty.
Thank you.

The worst mistake the gaming community ever done was to learn to some noobs the meaning of the word "unbalance", that's when we created the "scrubs" phenomenon. And now we've got tons of very bad players crying for patches, nerfs and buffs, everytime they lose. Instead of just growing and and get better at games.

Sounds like they are only nerfing the lower difficulties, although how that is even possible is beyond me. You have to try pretty hard to die on JTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom