HoS length

+
HoS length

Hey all, I was just wanting to ask all those who have finished HoS about its length. I've heard wildly different answers from reviewers compared to the official 10 hours. So how long is it exactly?

Sken

Forum veteran
I'm at 15 hours, I'd say another 2-3 left for me.

Depends if you are powering through the main story, or doing and exploring everything. It sounds like 10hours is the min game time you will get.

Released on October 13th, began to play on October 14th, 9 days now and enjoying about 3-4 hours of gaming every day, and still playing....
Depends on your play style how long HoS can take ;)

Hey all, I was just wanting to ask all those who have finished HoS about its length. I've heard wildly different answers from reviewers compared to the official 10 hours. So how long is it exactly?

I'm a bit of a completionist and to do all of the main story, side quests, and points of interest took me roughly 16-17 hours of gameplay.

I'd say that it took me between 15-20 hours to complete, but I was also taking my time and playing on Death March.

50 hours for me as well, Death March, exploring every bit of it plus long travels on horse back to both master armorer and blacksmith. Sure I could have done it faster but it captured me and I think I didn't want it to finish. =)

50 hours, and this given the fact I don't like read founded books. Developers are modest :)
50? Do you still have the slow-walk? Cause the main-story takes 10 hours to complete and the rest of the question-marks 2 max 3 hours. But if you mix in some stuff from the main game and add gwent maybe you can stretch it out and play 20 hours.

This solely depends on play style, I can say that I've been playing it for 9 hours and I'm not very far in the game. I think that 15 -20 hours to complete the expansion and some side quests :)

50? Do you still have the slow-walk? Cause the main-story takes 10 hours to complete and the rest of the question-marks 2 max 3 hours. But if you mix in some stuff from the main game and add gwent maybe you can stretch it out and play 20 hours.
I played about 8 hours before even starting the main storyline, so I'd say CDPR has delivered again and then some.

I played mostly the story and one or two side-quests and it took me far less than I expected it to. I'd say the official 10 hours is a pretty accurate prediction, maybe a little less? I'm not a completionist so I didn't really bother with the question marks or just farting around. I played it on death march so I died a lot before figuring out some of the bosses so that stretched it out a bit for me but overall it left me thirsting for more :p

I played mostly the story and one or two side-quests and it took me far less than I expected it to. I'd say the official 10 hours is a pretty accurate prediction, maybe a little less? I'm not a completionist so I didn't really bother with the question marks or just farting around. I played it on death march so I died a lot before figuring out some of the bosses so that stretched it out a bit for me but overall it left me thirsting for more :p

I enjoyed the question-marks, but I was really hoping to fight some more big monsters that I havent seen before. That said it was a great expansion, but there is no way I can stretch HoS even close to 50 hours.. I wish. But after 5 playthroughs (level 8 on my 6th now) I pretty much know how stuff works.. that saves some time perhaps.

Last edited:
I agree 50 seems a bit of a stretch to me, there is definitely more than 10 hours worth of content if you look at everything and take your time but 50 is a bit silly, you can only be on 50 hours if you are actually also doing side stuff from the main game or spending hours reading all the books and testing enchantments etc. I would say you can get 20 hours out of the game not to mention then just the added thrill of then maybe wanting to replay some of the main game again if you have been away awhile like i was. I finished and stopped playing before NG+ was added so now enjoying that.

Man, with a game like this that's truly a personal question. Though it adds a LOT of new POI's in addition to the villages and primary locations.

But nobody plays the same way or with the same long and short term goals. The suggested time I guess is based on how an "average" player goes through the quests. But I don't think anybody plays as fast, or as slow as these standards.

Some people want to get it over with, some are taking longer or putting their main quest on hold because they are testing mods, or dealing with patch or technical issues before resuming. And some just like to stretch it out, trot to every location (no fast travel) and soak up every last morsel.

I agree 50 seems a bit of a stretch to me, there is definitely more than 10 hours worth of content if you look at everything and take your time but 50 is a bit silly, you can only be on 50 hours if you are actually also doing side stuff from the main game or spending hours reading all the books and testing enchantments etc. I would say you can get 20 hours out of the game not to mention then just the added thrill of then maybe wanting to replay some of the main game again if you have been away awhile like i was. I finished and stopped playing before NG+ was added so now enjoying that.

Quick question maybe you or someone else can answer - Are there a lot of books/notes to read in HoS? I absolutely love finding and reading them. They add a lot to the world, quests, characters etc. Some may not like reading all of them or those who will not read any (blasphemy!) which admittedly I kind of find ironic considering your playing a story driven RPG! Pfft

I've just begun HoS, and I do tend to take my time, explore everything and everywhere, and I've put in a few hours merely doing some rough exploration, taking in the sights, sounds and my very first encounter with HoS' added wildlife...
getting my ass kicked by a group of vile & menacing wild boars!
I can see that I'll easily get 15-20 hours out of this already and I haven't even started any quests other than talking with the Runewright and beating the merchant in a horse race. :: pats Roach on the side affectionately:: "Ain't that right girl"

So, yeah, it all comes down to play-style and difficulty. I'm sincerely hoping that Blood and Wine is modest with it's 20 hr playtime and that we end up getting 40 hours or so out of it, that would be awesome!

Last edited:
With some exploring, talking, crafting, enjoying the new runewright and all the new stuff, I guess you can play 20 hours :)
That are weeks of fun and entertainment assuming you play 2-3 hours the DLC every day.

Top Bottom