[HoS SPOILERS] Situation with Shani, any advice?

+
[HoS SPOILERS] Situation with Shani, any advice?

[HEARTS OF STONE SPOILERS BELOW]

Hello, I like to get into the character a bit in in-depth RPGs and this is about as in-depth as they come.

In all of my playthroughs I have chosen Yennefer and, not wanting Geralt to be a bastard, have remained 100% faithful.

Now here I am, stood by the river with Shani and trying to work out how I can avoid the kiss. I have no interest in her but from my testing with the dialogue it seems forced.

Are there any earlier actions I can take to avoid this situation or is it basically "you can have any colour as long as it's black"?

---------- Updated at 10:58 AM ----------

Bring up my post. Someone must know how to avoid this adultery!

Ah, thank you very much!

I didn't try that because I still wanted to cheer her up but I suppose I should have tried it.

I am now on the road, conscience intact!

@REDDorigen

After the wedding activities I had Geralt tell Shani that he had to leave and she got upset that he didn't want to stay longer. I didn't want to lead her on and give her false hope that this was going to go anywhere. Anyway, it brought up a new quest where Geralt had to cheer her up. I chose a gift that she would like and dialogue that made it clear they were friends and they had a drink to their friendship. However, the game had other plans... The next scene Geralt is walking with Shani along the waterfront and he ends up trying to get one last kiss out of her (and maybe more but I shut down the game in frustration over the lack of control). I did not want this to happen and it's something I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Seeking a kiss or sex from someone who's really into you but you have no intention of pursuing, while in a committed relationship with another, is sleazy and just plain wrong. Unfortunately, the game didn't offer me a respectable end to the consolation of a friend so I chose the lesser evil -- I had to reload and leave the area to avoid this unwanted and forced outcome. I had to fail the quest but this allowed me to maintain respect, control and consistency over my Geralt which otherwise would have been lost.

Triss was risking her life to be with Geralt and fighting by his side to help keep Ciri safe from the Wild Hunt when she could have been safe and sound in Kovir. To betray her after that kind of devotion would have been an awful thing to do and something I had no intention of ever doing.

When the player has clearly established that the nature of Geralt and Shani's relationship is friendship, he/she should not be subjected to the said outcome at the end of that scene. The games offer the player choices and consequences. Disregarded choices lead to confusion, incoherence and frustration. I would like to see that scene receive an option with a proper ending for players who either have no interest in pursuing or taking advantage of Shani and/or are being faithful to Yennefer or Triss.

Hearts of Stone is an outstanding expansion overall and this is my only real gripe but it's a big one.

When the player has clearly established that the nature of Geralt and Shani's relationship is friendship, he/she should not be subjected to the said outcome at the end of that scene. The games offer the player choices and consequences. Disregarded choices lead to confusion, incoherence and frustration. I would like to see that scene receive an option with a proper ending for players who either have no interest in pursuing or taking advantage of Shani and/or are being faithful to Yennefer or Triss.

I agree with you. It was an oversight on our side and it shouldn't have happened.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. :evil:

I'm looking forward to the next expansion and I hope you guys win more GOTY awards because you deserve it. :cheers2:

Then please an option to stay with Shani too!!! She wants only the same like Yen: That Gerald stays with her. So please the same rights for both ladies! I mean there's no need for me to bring new scenes in the final credits... It would be okay for me if there would be no comment about Gerlads relationships. :cheers2:

@REDDorigen

After the wedding activities I had Geralt tell Shani that he had to leave and she got upset that he didn't want to stay longer. I didn't want to lead her on and give her false hope that this was going to go anywhere. Anyway, it brought up a new quest where Geralt had to cheer her up. I chose a gift that she would like and dialogue that made it clear they were friends and they had a drink to their friendship. However, the game had other plans... The next scene Geralt is walking with Shani along the waterfront and he ends up trying to get one last kiss out of her (and maybe more but I shut down the game in frustration over the lack of control). I did not want this to happen and it's something I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Seeking a kiss or sex from someone who's really into you but you have no intention of pursuing, while in a committed relationship with another, is sleazy and just plain wrong. Unfortunately, the game didn't offer me a respectable end to the consolation of a friend so I chose the lesser evil -- I had to reload and leave the area to avoid this unwanted and forced outcome. I had to fail the quest but this allowed me to maintain respect, control and consistency over my Geralt which otherwise would have been lost.

Triss was risking her life to be with Geralt and fighting by his side to help keep Ciri safe from the Wild Hunt when she could have been safe and sound in Kovir. To betray her after that kind of devotion would have been an awful thing to do and something I had no intention of ever doing.

Hearts of Stone is an outstanding expansion overall and this is my only real gripe but it's a big one.

I just posted about this. THIS bugged me so much I was ready to just rage-quit the game.

I just posted about this. THIS bugged me so much I was ready to just rage-quit the game.
I felt the same way. Getting trapped like that is very frustrating. I offered a simple and cost-effective solution for this scene in one of the other threads of the same topic but at this point I'm not optimistic anything will be done. If it's any consolation, in Blood and Wine, the player is given a proper way out of a similar situation.

Top Bottom