[Hot] Cyberpunk - speculations, dreams and wishes

+
I checked the wikipedia page, looks very detailed and impressive. looking forward to it, especially when CDP is making it :)

Kodaemon said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

As good a place to start as any, I guess :)

By the way, Cyberpunk 2020 was a quite popular system here in Poland a few years back, with a translation published by Copernicus Corporation (cool name for a company, btw). Good chance that at least some people at CDP are familiar with the setting.

EDIT: Probably not PC exclusive, but a likely PC-first release like TW2.

Now I want Rockerboy class in this game ;P

I hope that this new RPG will let us shape the character's personality on more profound levels than in TW2, and finally have some other skills than combat-related with C&C built around them. The last thing we need is a roll-playing game popamole shooter with stats that poses as old-school, hardcore RPG.

The normal classes the game uses are: Cop, Corporate, Fixer, Media, Netrunner (hacker), Nomad, Rockerboy, Solo (assassins) and Techie. Man, it would be awesome if they kept this level of diversity and make something really crazy.

As longests it's not first person game I trust cdpr will do great job creating living and mature world.

maybe licenced music artists? Dubstep, rock, metal.

open world rpg? don't have to be. new world = new city + outside open world?
travelling between worlds. hmm yes (different environments, scenery, types of npcs you meet)

rich customisation options. our hero and things related.

things to do other then killing, night clubs ect.

Saoe said:
As longests it's not first person game I trust cdpr will do great job creating living and mature world.

maybe licenced music artists? Dubstep, rock, metal.

open world rpg? don't have to be. new world = new city + outside open world?
travelling between worlds. hmm yes (different environments, scenery, types of npcs you meet)

rich customisation options. our hero and things related.

things to do other then killing, night clubs ect.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Kodaemon said:
Not this again... I just can't understand it. Why? First person gives the highest level of immersion in a game.
I don't feel immersion in Skyrim at all.

Well if you ask for first person perspective... it's not the main case, but in fights with dragons or mages for example I can't see... "a thing".

Any chance we can get some Vangelis music in there, if not i'd love to hear what Mr Skorupa comes up with for the soundtrack.

Blothulfur said:
Any chance we can get some Vangelis music in there,

that would be awesome

Michael McCann would be great too, I love the music in DE:HR.

one of my favorite tracks from DE:HR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVeU8ORaCeA

another non game related track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1jPWOEwB8

Kitadol said:
The normal classes the game uses are: Cop, Corporate, Fixer, Media, Netrunner (hacker), Nomad, Rockerboy, Solo (assassins) and Techie. Man, it would be awesome if they kept this level of diversity and make something really crazy.

I wonder if they're going to include all those classes, or narrow it down to maybe 3 of them, but flesh out the unique story for each of them.

Kodaemon said:
Please elaborate on how the first person perspective influences your lack of immersion.
It all depends on what kind of game it is going to be. If e.g. combat is action oriented, shooter style, then FPP is fine (though I would prefer it to be switchable to TPP). If however the combat mechanics are based on dice rolls or we get to control a team of characters in a tactical gameplay, then FPP won't work. To litle is known to discuss what perspective would be the best.

Kodaemon said:
Please elaborate on how the first person perspective influences your lack of immersion.

For me it's less about immersion, and more about first-person not being my cup of tea for games that have combat based on up-close fighting. I just find it a random mess of flailing away on the button for me. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just being able to see my character gives me a perspective of where every enemy is relative to me, so I can better strategize rather than just button mash.

IMO, I only like first-person when the combat is largely based on guns or distance weapons (ie. bows), since I can use the gun sights as a guide to where I want to aim, and because typically, enemies aren't right on top of me so I can scan the battle field.

I guess for me, I just feel more comfortable in third-person view because being able to see my character in relation to the rest of the enemies is easier for me to use tactics. Otherwise, I tend to button mash with first-person when it comes to hand to hand combat (which is basically why I didn't like FP in Skyrim -- I basically just hacked and hacked and hoped I was hitting).

Kitadol said:

I wonder what would be the best approach in terms of the game's story: if we have an established character and we shape our class by specialization (something like TW2) or we pick the class from the beginning(this would need considering more variables in the story).

Kitadol said:

Knowing how CDPR are obsessed with detail, I want to see how my character changes due to upgrades, customization, different outfits and gear. In TW2 it added to immersion a lot IMO. It gives a broader view of the surroundings and more camera movement options. Plus, TPP gives a little bit more possibilities in terms of tactical combat than FPP.

Kitadol said:
Any chance we can get some Vangelis music in there, if not i'd love to hear what Mr Skorupa comes up with for the soundtrack.

As far as music is concerned I really hope for some awesome, modern electronic music. Some drum & bass during cyberbike chases, some trance or progressive house during nightclub scenes and ambient while exploring the megacities by night.

What I really hope CDPR pulls of is a well done night club scene. I want a nightclub pumping with electronic music, lights and a dancefloor FULL OF PEOPLE. Not like in Mass Effect for example, where you have only a few stiff bodies pretending they are dancing.

ZoltanPwent said:
For me it's less about immersion, and more about first-person not being my cup of tea for games that have combat based on up-close fighting. I just find it a random mess of flailing away on the button for me. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just being able to see my character gives me a perspective of where every enemy is relative to me, so I can better strategize rather than just button mash.

IMO, I only like first-person when the combat is largely based on guns or distance weapons (ie. bows), since I can use the gun sights as a guide to where I want to aim, and because typically, enemies aren't right on top of me so I can scan the battle field.

I guess for me, I just feel more comfortable in third-person view because being able to see my character in relation to the rest of the enemies is easier for me to use tactics. Otherwise, I tend to button mash with first-person when it comes to hand to hand combat (which is basically why I didn't like FP in Skyrim -- I basically just hacked and hacked and hoped I was hitting).

This is exactly what I mean ;)

ZoltanPwent said:

Not only this, but you spend all the time making how the character looks, then picking the type of armor you wear etc. But what's the point if you go FPS? You can't see yourself at all, even if you look down, there are no mirrors, why bother making your own character look the way you want?

Top Bottom