[Hot] Cyberpunk - speculations, dreams and wishes

+
That's not what happened on my playthrough...
I actually went straight to him and took him down, but I still had to finish off the rest before the game let me continue.
Strange.

Hmmm. I deleted my saves from the last game so I can't go back and check. I only *think* I'm right, I'm not absolutely certain about it.

Anyway, it was definitely an improvement over the main game.

Maybe I'm stretching here but after seeing Square Enix E3 real-time demo showing some tech I thought about something It might be implemented in Cyberpunk game for example.. which is acting and interacting of NPC's
If you watch the video you can see the The Wizard summoning dragon, his face impression and body language is something that caught my eye.
I understand TW2 had some of that already build in but why not having those conversations with NPC's even more rich and real,
http://youtu.be/hbEcQCqCezg?t=25s

I would love to see characters that can really express the situation not just by funny dialog someone wrote but body language as well. And also those moments when you choose your answer or pick one of the questions both characters are standing not doing nothing.. just looking at each other.
In L.A Noire game for example if you are delaying and wasting time before you ask the question NPC's will rush you saying things like "Are we done here!?", "C'mon I dont have all day, ask what you have to ask already!" Those moments always made me think, its like a pause in RPG games I cant remember how many times I left the game do to something while playing Mass Effect or Skyrim while talking to someone. They are just staring at you like a doll. I believe that's something worth working on and changing.

Saoe said:
Maybe I'm stretching here but after seeing Square Enix E3 real-time demo showing some tech I thought about something It might be implemented in Cyberpunk game for example.. which is acting and interacting of NPC's
If you watch the video you can see the The Wizard summoning dragon, his face impression and body language is something that caught my eye.
I understand TW2 had some of that already build in but why not having those conversations with NPC's even more rich and real,
http://youtu.be/hbEcQCqCezg?t=25s

I would love to see characters that can really express the situation not just by funny dialog someone wrote but body language as well. And also those moments when you choose your answer or pick one of the questions both characters are standing not doing nothing.. just looking at each other.
In L.A Noire game for example if you are delaying and wasting time before you ask the question NPC's will rush you saying things like "Are we done here!?", "C'mon I dont have all day, ask what you have to ask already!" Those moments always made me think, its like a pause in RPG games I cant remember how many times I left the game do to something while playing Mass Effect or Skyrim while talking to someone. They are just staring at you like a doll. I believe that's something worth working on and changing.

I can see how this'd kill the moment. Geralt is making his final decision about Letho and Letho says "Uhh...so can I go?" and Geralt would say "wait..I'm still thinking about it!". It'd only be good in certain situation I agree there should be more of it though but there should be an off switch in the options if it becomes annoying.

Iwinski has suggested the second team already started development. I wonder when? Is it possible the core team has already put year or so in? I'm also hoping they have enough veterans for both TW3 and Cyberpunk. As stoked as I am for this game, TW3 is priority for me.

Also maybe some memorable things can be inspired by kojima MGS type stuff. kinda wished I could talk in the codec while playing the game instead of just lisenting though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8QPIId6E8

Some of the facial animations in L.A. Noire looked a bit silly, IMO. I'd ask a suspect if they knew a person, and they'd start rolling and narrowing their eyes and scrunching up their face as though they were taking a wicked shit.

A lot of ideas comes to mind specially after E3..

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381431/hitman-absolution-e3-2012-stage-demo

In this demo of Hitman he goes to very crowded area, full of people which looks really impressive.
If you think about it Cyberpunk near future world game with overpopulated cities,pollution etc .. It would make sense if some of the areas could be made similar, filled with many and many differently looking NPC's.
And that's another thing you dont want to see two of the same looking NPCs walking next to each other often. So lets hope for big verity in that section.

-TRAILER WITH OWN STORY. I was thinking this could be in it's own topic but then they're probably in production of the trailer already. Witcher 2's original trailer was terribly forgettable. It had a bunch of one-liners and some cryptic stuff and people who never played wouldn't really get excited about so no mash up trailers where you put cool looking scenes here and there please.

A trailer with it's own story maybe a situation in the game that captures peoples imaginations. A gameplay trailer would be nice the most memorable trailers I think is when the protagonist gets away. I even went so far as to download AC2 and Watch Dogs trailer when they came out. The trailer for the movie Dark Knight was able to do this and more I think it got you curious and had that getaway feeling of satisfaction.

I don't know.. What do you guys think the trailer should be? Should we star a new topic on it?

guipit said:
-TRAILER WITH OWN STORY. I was thinking this could be in it's own topic but then they're probably in production of the trailer already. Witcher 2's original trailer was terribly forgettable. It had a bunch of one-liners and some cryptic stuff and people who never played wouldn't really get excited about so no mash up trailers where you put cool looking scenes here and there please.

A trailer with it's own story maybe a situation in the game that captures peoples imaginations. A gameplay trailer would be nice the most memorable trailers I think is when the protagonist gets away. I even went so far as to download AC2 and Watch Dogs trailer when they came out. The trailer for the movie Dark Knight was able to do this and more I think it got you curious and had that getaway feeling of satisfaction.

I don't know.. What do you guys think the trailer should be? Should we star a new topic on it?
Yes, I could work for Cyberpunk game, for example you could introduce few characters or their background in short video running in real time using Red_Engine. But First trailers usually never show game play and are usually designed to build up hype.
Cyberpunk project is in his early stages of development, it would be difficult to see anything solid at least until next year. At this point nothing is curtain and developers will change their mind and ideas often. Specially since they are consulting everything with Mike P.
But yes, we could still see some animated videos or CGI showing something that will definitely be in game like Story.
Btw about TW3 ,I guess it has to happen since it probably come out not earlier then PS4 and x720. It would be appreciated by new players to have story videos showing what happen in past two games not only as a trailer but also be able to watch it in-game from the Menu.

Kodaemon said:
That's not what happened on my playthrough...
I actually went straight to him and took him down, but I still had to finish off the rest before the game let me continue.
Strange.

Yes that is correct, I played the DLC a couple of months ago. You definitely have to take down everyone.

Mechanics and gameplay are all well and good but one thing I hope they do well is proper world building. The Witcher games have the books to draw from but for Cyberpunk they'd have to create a new and unique world (that's also believable and interesting). I get most of my immersion in a RPG from the depth of the setting. In DX:HR reading the emails & books, watching the news broadcasts, hearing conversations on the street gave the game background and texture . VM:BL had the different clans with their own unique histories, rivalries, powers etc all within the concept of "the masquerade". Very immersive and fun to play in. Same goes for Fallout, Planescape, Arcanum, The Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and yes even Dragon Age. All have interesting and compelling settings with lots of "lore". Good world building can make up for a lot of mechanical and technical shortcomings.

For it to work though the setting and background have to be believable and make sense, given the context-even in space opera, horror or fantasy. A couple of poor decisions in world building can destroy a reader/viewer/player's sense of immersion. George Lucas is one of the best at this: lets make Anakin Skywalker's mother a slave. A slave? The Old Republic allows slavery? On a galactic scale? That's billions of sentient beings! And the Jedi are OK with it? WTF! Why am I not rooting for Palpatine to bring the whole rotten structure down. And don't get me started on the clones. But I digress.

My point is the Cyberpunk setting has to be well thought out and realistic. Big bad corporations and scrappy netrunners, deckers, hackers, mercs or what have you isn't enough. How did they corps get where they are? Are there free states anywhere? How has climate change affected the world-massive population displacement, destabilized economies, regional life-style changes, etc. What's up with the developing world? And most important, how does my character fit into it all.

Give their track record I have full confidence CDPR can pull it off.

Kodaemon said:

multiplatform --> pc and mac

Im ok with that kind of multiplatform.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Yes that is correct, I played the DLC a couple of months ago. You definitely have to take down everyone.

OK. I'll bow to the majority view. I could have sworn there were still at least two alive, but maybe I'd caught more with that rather nice sniper rifle than I'd realised. :)

Top Bottom