[Hot] Cyberpunk - speculations, dreams and wishes

+
i'm not sure what to expect when it will come to it, i would like a first person view switching to 3rd person if cover is initiated for example, and yes i feel it is more 'immersive' being able to see through the eyes of the protagonist. also i would like things a little more open world than TW2, not skyrim open but room for further exploration, other than that i dont know, i expect CDPR to do a grande job judging from the quality of the Witcher series.

(Be ware! Google Trans.!! I hope you understand my meaning)

I've only felt immerse in a game playing FP when the character moves in a mysterious, intriguing and poorly lit. FP increases the suspense of not knowing what or who you have at hand, and this is perfect in horror games or mystery. But in a game where all the details and backgrounds play a key role in mood at the time, both physically and emotionally, FP becomes meaningless.

voodoojon said:
i'm not sure what to expect when it will come to it, i would like a first person view switching to 3rd person if cover is initiated for example, and yes i feel it is more 'immersive' being able to see through the eyes of the protagonist. also i would like things a little more open world than TW2, not skyrim open but room for further exploration, other than that i dont know, i expect CDPR to do a grande job judging from the quality of the Witcher series.

Have you played Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Because it's exactly like what you're describing.

Anyone looking forward to this game should play Human Revolution. One of the few cases when a reboot was done right.

If we're a tech head can we build ourselves a stainless steel rat, after all a normal pet just isn't going to cut it in the Cyberpunk world and as the man says: We must be as stealthy as rats in the wainscoting of their society. It was easier in the old days, of course, and society had more rats when the rules were looser, just as old wooden buildings have more rats than concrete buildings. But there are rats in the building now as well. Now that society is all ferrocrete and stainless steel there are fewer gaps in the joints. It takes a very smart rat indeed to find these openings. Only a stainless steel rat can be at home in this environment.

Be a nice little nod.

The game could work well in either third or first person, yet I am leaning more towards third person. but it entirely depends on the in game mechanics.

dragonbird said:
I suppose "seeing through the character's eyes" is more immersive than an out-of-body existence?
Anyway, I'd prefer third-person. I'm definitely in the list of people who would rather see My Hero And His Ass while I'm playing. But I still think it would be a good enhancement to the engine if it made it optional.

I guess it's just a matter of taste/opinion. I don't find 1st person to be anything close to "looking through the character's eyes" or 3rd person being an "out of body experience". I do know that seeing a pair of hands/shield and weapon/weapon bobbling at "eye level" all the time blocking a good chunk of the screen is really annoying to me.

dragonbird said:
I suppose "seeing through the character's eyes" is more immersive than an out-of-body existence?
Anyway, I'd prefer third-person. I'm definitely in the list of people who would rather see My Hero And His Ass while I'm playing. But I still think it would be a good enhancement to the engine if it made it optional.

I'm not really sure that's the case. Most FPS games I've played lack the "peripheral vision" that people possess, to see things that are up, down, and to the sides of your vision, even if you're looking straight ahead. For instance, when I'm playing a FPS shooter, the only things I can see on-screen is a gun or maybe two fists holding a sword and shield. Nothing else. Yet as an exercise, stare straight ahead. You should be able to see more than just your fists in your line of sight.

IMO, first person view offers an extremely limited view through the eyes of a character. It's more like looking through binoculars; what you see through the binoculars is what you see in first person view. You see everything that's straight ahead of you, but anything that's right at the edge of a person's normal view in real life isn't there in first person.

That's mainly why I prefer third person view. I can see everything around my character, and have a better idea of where my character is in relation to the things in the environment surrounding him.

In 3rd person you could create your own avatar with hair style, tattoo's. Maybe even change clothing like that blue jacket CDPR demonstrated.. something like in Mass Effect or pretty cool character creator from Brink game. I like to look at Gerald in TW2 and his funny impressions/jokes and I would love to see my own character I play in Cyberpunk. RPG should be always in 3rd person, let Elder Scrolls do it own thing. I will be disappointed if its going to be another Sci-Fi Borderlands clone. I'm still hoping to see that cover system in Cyberpunk.

Blothulfur said:
If we're a tech head can we build ourselves a stainless steel rat, after all a normal pet just isn't going to cut it in the Cyberpunk world and as the man says: We must be as stealthy as rats in the wainscoting of their society. It was easier in the old days, of course, and society had more rats when the rules were looser, just as old wooden buildings have more rats than concrete buildings. But there are rats in the building now as well. Now that society is all ferrocrete and stainless steel there are fewer gaps in the joints. It takes a very smart rat indeed to find these openings. Only a stainless steel rat can be at home in this environment.

Be a nice little nod.

Slippery Jim?

I'm not familiar with the pen and paper setting, and there could be many reasons for the concept artists to have made the decisions they have chosen. But please, don't make America a main setting in this game, it's been done to death in every form of entertainment. In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

abc973 said:
I'm not familiar with the pen and paper setting, and there could be many reasons for the concept artists to have made the decisions they have chosen. But please, don't make America a main setting in this game, it's been done to death in every form of entertainment. In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

Could be AMERICA, just not mainly the U.S. Maybe South America? Eastern Europe would be great.

Volsung said:
Could be AMERICA, just not mainly the U.S. Maybe South America? Eastern Europe would be great.

.. or Mexico... I can see my character wearing a cybernetically enhanced kevlar sombrero.

First concept art of the game by D. Bajowski, http://damianbajowski.com/2012/06/cyberpunk/

Top Bottom