Hot Fix for Grave Hag

+
Running Ciri, Frightener and Ocvist. Had 85% winrate (about 50 matches) last weekend with consume based on Grave Hag. Hit 4200 MMR with that. Grave hag is cool card.
But I think you guys missed your chance with this strategy because currently there are too much Radovid control which counters consume pretty well. I am going to change deck and continue climbing.

Changing her text to something like "after one turn, at the start of your opponent's turn...", this way your opponent can still shackle her after you played her and you can't win by a string when it's your last card.

Trigur;n9141360 said:
Changing her text to something like "after one turn, at the start of your opponent's turn...", this way your opponent can still shackle her after you played her and you can't win by a string when it's your last card.

Might as well remove her then. She wouldn't see play that way (hell, she barely saw play in closed beta). She can be mitigated much more than similar winconditions (Protectors, Spotters, Pirate Captains, Crones, Witchers), she is much more vulnerable, and she would even be unusable in a deck invested heavily into accruing CA enough to play the last card. No thanks, we don't need more useless silvers.

Fixing the coinflip is the crux of the matter. Making the last card/CA highly determined by deckbuilding (investing into it, i.e. Ciri + Ocvist + Spy - just an example, I am more thinking into future cards) coupled with fixing the coinflip so that it's not impacting who gets the last card so heavily, is essential. Once that is done, Hag becomes more susceptible to counterplay unless the Hag player trades raw power over CA tools in deckbuilding.

Nimraphel;n9141430 said:
Might as well remove her then. She wouldn't see play that way (hell, she barely saw play in closed beta). She can be mitigated much more than similar winconditions (Protectors, Spotters, Pirate Captains, Crones, Witchers), she is much more vulnerable, and she would even be unusable in a deck invested heavily into accruing CA enough to play the last card. No thanks, we don't need more useless silvers.

Fixing the coinflip is the crux of the matter. Making the last card/CA highly determined by deckbuilding (investing into it, i.e. Ciri + Ocvist + Spy - just an example, I am more thinking into future cards) coupled with fixing the coinflip so that it's not impacting who gets the last card so heavily, is essential. Once that is done, Hag becomes more susceptible to counterplay unless the Hag player trades raw power over CA tools in deckbuilding.

Why wouldn't she, did you get the process. It just delays things a bit and if your opponent doesn't have an answer you still win anyway. You just don't have this insane value right before the game ends. If monster players won't play her because she isn't op anymore (and yes, as the card is right now, she is) then it's fine with me. This cards reminds me of fake Ciri in a way, insane value, high risks, high punition. But the fact is that Fake Ciri isn't played because she is too inconsistent and grave hag is played because there is no "punition".

How do you "fix" the coin flip btw. It's a coin flip. It may sounds really dumb I admit but O'dimm made me think of a more "interactive" coin flip.

For the record.. she is by far not an "auto win"
I've had her buff into the 30s and still loose matches against other heavily buffed cards

Checco515;n9139480 said:
Leave the old hag alone, there are countless ways to counter it.

Worry about cards who do not have such a simple answer, instead.

Aren't any answers saying to put cards in your deck just in case she comes into play pretty much supporting the concern that she's over powered. When she's played last there isn't a simple answer. You can't play around that. I'm still trying to learn all the cards but there are other things that can do that as well, I think. It's not at all satisfying to have a point swing of almost twenty points.

I'm not saying it's a good idea. But what if there was a gambling aspect. If 12 monsters are in the players graveyard and the hag is in your hand or deck she is played automatically. Consuming everything in your graveyard.

hate this agile tag. in closed beta used oldspeartip on ranged row and he would activate when she was last card played :)

These forums trip me out sometimes

Monsters have been the under dog faction since day one of closed beta.
outside of weather decks.which I'll admit (even though I never really played it) was pretty good.

fast for ward to the open beta and weather was every where so you can't say it was just a good deck for monsters.
Then the hot fix changed weather for the better(still can be tough to play around) but nowhere near as bad
Consume now seems to be the deck of choice be it swarm or what have you.. which as I've stated previous here..is probably finally on par with other factions and monsters can finally hold its own with something outside of weather.
Now all we are hearing is words being tossed around like op and auto win... and this in my experience is just NOT the case.
I've stated a couple of times in other threads that I feel the game feels like it's heading in the right direction and balance of sorts seems forthcoming
In a game where super buffed dwarves ...insanely buffed spotters.. dol blathanas and pirates... monsters has to keep up.some how. And altering the hag or any other consume tactic..is once again putting monsters at the bottom of the list
​​​​​

TheShift;n9142230 said:
These forums trip me out sometimes

So did I when I read your comment honestly. Monster is top tier and I don't even see the point in arguing. By the popularity of this thread and the diverse opinions given on it, you should realise there's something wrong with grave hag.

To be frank, I think she's been designed to interact with your graveyard and get value out of it, not to be used as a 25strengh finisher.

Just try to play with Nilfgaad, you will know pain.

TheShift, MO was top tier even in the latter parts of closed beta, along with control ST.

Grave Hag could do with being locked to one row, definitely. However, she is by no means an auto-win nor OP. That is simply flatout wrong.

Trigur;n9142410 said:
Just try to play with Nilfgaad, you will know pain.

Actually, as a Nilfgaard player, this was part of my concern for Gravehag. I would save a Rot Tosser, if I could reliably place it, but there's no way to do that as long as she has agility. With it, I wouldn't need CA to deal with her then. I would just need foresight.

Ihear_BlueColors;n9142120 said:
Aren't any answers saying to put cards in your deck just in case she comes into play pretty much supporting the concern that she's over powered. When she's played last there isn't a simple answer. You can't play around that. I'm still trying to learn all the cards but there are other things that can do that as well, I think. It's not at all satisfying to have a point swing of almost twenty points.

In a short statement: get CA.

It's not hard against MS, and once the hag is played you can use one of the countless solutions you have to put in your deck to counter much more troubling cards.

Nimraphel;n9142530 said:
TheShift, MO was top tier even in the latter parts of closed beta, along with control ST.

Grave Hag could do with being locked to one row, definitely. However, she is by no means an auto-win nor OP. That is simply flatout wrong.

I said weather monsters was good.

Checco515;n9142830 said:

It's not hard against MS, and once the hag is played you can use one of the countless solutions you have to put in your deck to counter much more troubling cards.

Sorry. I can't keep up with the abbreviations. What's CA?

Also. Usually by that time I've already used Scorch or the Mushrooms. The concern is that Hag is played last. Like. Literally last.

Ihear_BlueColors;n9143160 said:
Sorry. I can't keep up with the abbreviations. What's CA?

Also. Usually by that time I've already used Scorch or the Mushrooms. The concern is that Hag is played last. Like. Literally last.

Card Advantage.

But really, I love how people say, "Get card advantage, it's easy."

frbfree;n9143210 said:
Card Advantage.

But really, I love how people say, "Get card advantage, it's easy."

Heh, well... That's the crux of the matter; the coinflip, which nobody can affect, plays too much of a role in determining the last card. Fix the coinflip and allow the players a larger say in who goes last through deck-building, and you've pretty much sorted it.

Checco515;n9142830 said:

It's not always simple to get CA when you lose the coin flip. If the devs want this card to be played like that then it should at least have a cap on how much value it can generate.

Perhaps if you put some cards in your deck whose purpose is to help getting CA, it would be easier.

But of course, your slots are all full of buffs and there is no room for anything else.

Too bad, you will remain game for the grave hag:comeatmebro:

Top Bottom