Hotfix 1.04

+
** BUGS EXPERIENCED STILL **

All NPCs apart from the primary one in each quest seems to talk to you using telepathy as their mouth never moves.

Weaponry hovers in the air then vanishes.

NPCs phase in and out at random.

Looking in the mirror shows me as being bald when I'm not.

Difficulty scrolling easily when viewing emails or messages from devices. Particularly so it the text box has no scroll bar button to drag.

Please add a toggle walk button on PC. It’s so immersion breaking to be jogging everywhere as the slowest speed.
I had to get a mod from Nexus, so now my left ALT is bind to walking. It works flawlessly and I suggest it until CDPR implements it naturally in the game :giggle:
& of course thanks CDPR, I can visibly see the improvement in my FPS & Hardware usage even whilst streaming !! 💛

May I have an in-place patching mode instead of patching a copy of the whole damn build? There's already a fail-safe system you have, "Verify / Repair"; you with me? Or maybe, just maybe, copy and patch your resources dynamically, not as a monolith; your assets are already packed into separate `*.archive` files. So make a good use of this fact: download a patch, execute patching process, which will copy those files one by one and do JUST THE SAME frigging job! Suddenly, without much codebase changes your users require only 10 GB at a time instead of 65 GB. Yes, for sure, I'm not aware of the real state of affairs at yours, and, being a developer myself, I do understand, things sometime are more complex and there's always some tech debt.

Anyways. The game is fun so far, regardless some isssues, thank you a lot; keep up the good work and rest well these holidays, and take a week or two off. Also, bet you have plans to expand the game content over time; you definitely don't want to make users have 130 GB free space just for a regular patch of 1 GB.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

The technical part of the game is in the "alpha test" state. You have released an incredibly raw game. The negative feedback in the incentive will hang until you make a normal optimization. How much money has been spent on marketing and the quality of the game is terrible. I hope you will fix everything and then I will change my mind.

yeah after the update let steam or gog check the files of error or corruption. I found an error and need to download 7.2 gigs. It fixed my problem of flatling at start. Don't know if it goes down later.

I'm getting constant crashing within 30 seconds of entering the game now after the patch.

Validating the files through steam had no effect.

Game ran fine before the patch.

Is there any way to roll back to the previous version?

PC

I have a base PS4 and from what I've been hearing and seeing lately maybe I shouldn't buy this game just yet. I truly do hope it will get better for console versions of the game.

Please add a toggle for walking for the PC. I cant believe this game shipped without that. Being that TW3 had it day one.

Disclaimer: I like the game. The story missions, the art, the animations, everything is fantastic. But an RPG this is not. This is from the perspective from someone who loves roleplaying games and feels handicapped at the moment. I'm leaving bugs and glitches out. The list is in no particular order.

Edit: This obviously gained more traction than I imagined and I will no longer add to it. Keep note I added many suggestions from other redditors to my initial list. Thank you for the awards. Feel free to bring it to the developers and post it elsewhere, no credits required. I don't intend to convince anyone or advocate what roleplaying means. I still think CDPR is one the best companies out there. Don't trade insults over a game, it's foolish. Cheers.

Quality of Life

- Walk toggle for keyboard.

- Key re-mapping for certain elements.

- Accessibility features missing (ie: text scaling for menus).

- In-game benchmark feature.

- Dash should be a separate key and not a double press of walking key.

- Crouch and skip dialogue should not share the same key.

- The minimap is too zoomed in to be helpful in many cases.

- Missing a toggle aim feature.

- Ability to respec attributes. (Note: Existing item respecs perks only)

- Ability to disable objective marker.

- Ability to lower ADS sensitivity.

- Add proper ultrawide (21:9, 32:9) support.

- Add loot by area or/and autoloot feature.

- Add "stash all" feature.

- Add transparency option for hud elements.

- Add way to remove mods from unequipped weapons.

- Add toggle mouse acceleration.

- Driving markers and onscreen trajectory (alternative GPS).

Gameplay and immersion

- Body slider customization (height, weight, muscle mass).

- Very few options for some of the character creation features (hair color, tattoos, skin complexion, scars, etc).

- Animations for eating and drinking (excluding scripted ones).

- Unable to remove underwear outside of inventory.

- Vehicle customization.

- Apartment customization.

- Cosmetic slots or transmog feature.

- Very few actual merchant stores in quantity and variety.

- No garages or parking lots.

- Crowds have low level of reactivity and awareness to the game world.

- Very few interactive NPCs outside of missions with meaningful dialogue.

- Very few options to meaningfully construct a personality to V. You get to choose missions endings, but not an actual persona.

- Lack of non-action oriented stories and quests about meaningful themes of cyberpunk distopia.

- Player cannot smoke.

- Weapon mods and skill trees largely irrelevant outside of marginal and mostly numerical improvements to combat.

- Lack of emergent gameplay events in the game world (ie: dynamic and random triggers).

- Unable to alter character's appearance (barbershop, tattoo parlors, plastic surgeon).

- Lack of character reflection outside of the few mirrors available. This furthers the disconnection between the player and the character.

- No ownership of items (you can rob NPCs under their nose).

- No prison or lasting crime system.

- Wanted system is largely underdeveloped, with cops spawning out of nowhere and disappearing shortly after.

- Cybernetics lack variety in meaningful choices that alter gameplay (except for limbs weapons). Deus Ex has far more impactful mods that actually change the way you approach combat.

- The lifepaths are frustratingly brief and have little impact other than dialogue choices. V is essentially the same character regardless of past.

- The traffic AI is lackluster and there are too few cars driving around for a large metropolis.

- Trains were obviously cut, even though the whole infrastructure is visible.

- The world interaction is quite minimal. Among items that should be interactive: chairs, benches, toilets, stools, sinks, gym equipment, light fixtures, restaurant menus, smartphones, taxi, trash bins and dumpsters, most merchant stalls, microwaves, dancing floors, gaming tables, arcades.

- You cannot preview wardrobe and weapon purchases.

- There is no reliable cover system.

- Loot system overdone, invasive and distracting. You are constantly showered with redundant and marginally better items and have no attachment whatsoever with your fashion and weapon choices. (Dear god, I hate this one).

- Enemies are too spongy and level design forces frontal assault way too often.

- Robotics and drone control largely absent (outside of scripted missions).

* On PC there is a big problem with pointing to loot objects. Many times the loot option appear not pointing directly on the object, but somewhere above it. Many times there is no loot option for object with the loot icon on it.

* The hair on V (female is gone in mirrors)

* Broken quest - Right now I have a problem with a quest(GIG - many ways to skin a cat) I'm in the room on the 3rd floor
1.png
with the computer I need to hack with Authorize via personal link - I guess that this will make the minibus to recognize me as a driver, but when I plug in nothing happens and I can't play - can disconnect, cant do anything on the computer and I need to load a quick save and abandon the gig for now. For me this quest is broken.

PS - I know about the photo mode, but making fast screenshots with PrnScr button is going to be very helpful for us to do screnshots from the game to report broken things faster from player's point of view. At least in the beginning.
pointing.png

Last edited:
So this will more than likely get lost in the flood of pages and subsequently never get read by the devs. That said, these are my suggestions for QoL improvements:

Character Appearance:

Beautician- Basically a character creator option so we can further tweak our character. Could even be the mirror at our apartment. Add more Cyberware and body tattoo options including some asymmetric variations.

Clothing Store: There's a gun store but no clothing store? No one in 2077 buy clothes anymore? Guess we all mug each other for threads. Speaking of which, why do I loot random clothes off dead bodies? Shouldn't it be what they're wearing?

UI

HUD/UI editor- allow us to resize and move elements of the interface. Include different colors and larger text options. I'm going blind with that red and tiny font you got going on.

Remappable controller buttons- You can customize mouse and keyboard, extend the curtesy to controllers.

That's it because more people already went in to detail.

Quite a number of people (including myself) still can't even get in game. : https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/cyberpunk_has_flatlined_error_on_start

" Yup... I'm getting the same dang thing. Flatlined error on startup - right after I press "Play" on the launcher. I should also say that I own the Steam version as I won that copy last spring before I was about to buy from GOG.

running an 8gb Nvidia GTX 1070 founders edition on an Intel-based system.

1.) Restarted PC after initial installation.

2.) Did a complete driver uninstall (along with ALL current Nvidia software/apps) & downloaded/performed a clean install of the new 460.79 video drivers. Restarted again.

3.) Verified the "integrity of game cache" from Steam's library preferences for Cp2077.

4.) Completely uninstalled & reinstalled the game on the same drive (Sabrent Rocket, NVMe SSD). When that didn't work, I completely uninstalled & reinstalled the game onto a different drive (Samsung 850 Evo, SATA III SSD). I also tried my WD Black extra data storage drive to the same affect. Installation is back on my Sabrent (primary boot) drive.

5.) I created an exception for the Cp2077 directory in my PC's antivirus program (Avast)

6.) I disabled all unnecessary background applications like MSI Afterburner, RTSS, OBS, Steam in-game overlay, GOG's overlay, etc.

7.) I rebooted, and bypassing the launcher, tried launching directly from the "Cyberpunk2077.exe" file via a new shortcut I created on the desktop. When that didn't work, I configured that root file to run in administrator mode - which didn't work either.

I also tried removing my CPU & memory timing "overclocks" and set them back to normal, which did nothing either.
I'm out of ideas. Any help or advice in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!

[Edit]: and still no effect after the new 1.04 hotfix changes they just released. "

Moderator: Hey, all. Just a reminder to keep checking Technical Support, look through their lists of topics, try fixes, and, if necessary, contact them with any unresolved problems. Please, be aware, though, that, due to the high volume of tickets, there may be delays in individual responses. Thanks.

start of the street kid intro story, the first woman at the bar you can 'interact with' is missing her thighs. I didn't snap shot, as I wasn't in bug hunting mode. but thought i'd mention it.

Please add a toggle walk button on PC. It’s so immersion breaking to be jogging everywhere as the slowest speed.
There is a small tip/workaround, for now, to WALK. Use the button you use to Zoom (LT on Xbox/PC and L2 on PS I think). But doing so, obviously, you'll see less of your surrounding. So to fix that, just crank up the "Field of View" setting to 90 or 100. And to control the speed of the camera movement in this mode, just tweak the "Zoom Sensitivity Reduction" setting.

There are other tips about the "controls settings"(the Turning delays etc...) I've discovered yesterday taking 2 hours to get my hands on them. I'm gonna write a post today on Cyberpunk Reddit to try to explain how you can combine them to your taste. These control settings are really technical and can seem "stupid" but ooh maan! Once you understand, you start to realize that the one dev who came up with that is a GENIUS because it's so practical.

Top Bottom