Hotfix 1.05

+
16 core processors are not working as intended... FFS i m getting horrible glitches on my Ryzen 3950x with 2080TI poor performance optimization and delay causing game nearly unplayable.. Please fix the SMT issue for 16 core processors as well
Also not working on 8 core amd cpus. I gained an insane amount of performance using the comunity fix for this on my 3800X. Please please please fix it for ALL AMD CPUs, your testing with AMD is obviously faulty. I gained an easy 20fps and went from 20-30% CPU utilisation to 50-60%. So the fix benefits 8-Core CPUs as well.

Last edited:
Hey CDPR, how about letting us remap the dodge action to something else, like WASD + double-tap Shift, or simply enabling the dodge action only while in Combat mode. It's simply annoying.
I already lost count how many times I was detected because the game thinks I'm trying to dodge, and had to reload a save...
you can do it i ha
Dear CDPR,

I understand you have full hands of fixing the bugs and optimizing the game but it would be very lovely if you make and official statement regarding the improvment of the game itself (like missing features, BDs, at least choose a color of your vehclies, etc.) this forum is full of cool suggestions. Take all time you need to polish the game, but at least tell us those things are on your backlog.

By my opinion you've created the best world I've ever seen in videogames but for now it feels quiet empty and you are not using its full potential. I still haven't lost my faith in you and I'm still happy with my pre-order. I'm sure u gonna make the right decisions. I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you overcome this crisis.
I hope all those blocked door will be open in time, i am more than sure that all the file needed are in the game, behind most of these doors you can see object or hear music, so the files are there

Great work CDPR, you've done a great job getting this out. Looking forward to more updates and improvements to the game.
Post automatically merged:

Also not working on 8 core amd cpus. I gained an insane amount of performance usin the comunity fix for this on my 3800X. Please please please fix it for ALL AMD CPUs, your testing with AMD is obviously faulty. I gained an easy 20fps and wen from 24% CPU utilisation to 50-60%. So the fix benefits 8-Core CPUs as well.

My CPU only has 6 cores, 12 threads and is an older intel chip, no issues.

Also not working on 8 core amd cpus. I gained an insane amount of performance usin the comunity fix for this on my 3800X. Please please please fix it for ALL AMD CPUs, your testing with AMD is obviously faulty. I gained an easy 20fps and wen from 24% CPU utilisation to 50-60%. So the fix benefits 8-Core CPUs as well.

Feel free to check the TECHNICAL section to see if this problem is already reported. If not, feel free to report it to support or create a thread about it, so devs can see it.

How can it be that many are here saying that they feel or can see improvements?

I didn't understand your point.
Not sure what you’re even talking about. I’ve read through this forum and Reddit and I’ve seen many people saying that the fix cdpr mentioned about “fixed issues starting Gig: Getting Warmer...” didn’t actually fix anything. I never mentioned anything else other than this.

Yep i asked this very question and that is what he was talking about, this issue of threads not being properly utilized is only an issue with Ryzen CPU's for some odd reason. I pointed out Digital Foundry's video where they show results of a test comparison between a 3900X w/20 threads and an Intel i9 10900K also w/20 threads and only the Intel CPU is properly utilizing all 20 cores. So CDPR saying they are only fixing 4 and 6 core AMD CPU's and claiming that 8 core/16 thread CPUs and up are working as intended is completely untrue. I don't know what kind of half-assed testing or QA CDPR is doing over there but it isn't getting the job done.

Because people are blindly skipping dialogues and not reading shards, they have no clue what they're doing and then blame the game, seen this so many times that a singular person claims ground braking bug where in fact they havent done something or were doing it wrong.
Hope you’re not talking to me, because many people including myself have had the same issue. The fix they provided for the Gig: Getting Warmer not starting, didn’t actually fix anything. And before you even bother, no, none of us are doing anything wrong. Starting up the gig does not involve skipping dialogue, or reading shards. Literally all that needs to happen is for the player to be near the gig, and the fixer (Wakako) will call us to give us the quest for the gig, and to tell us about it. Unfortunately, this never happens, and the quest is bugged still, even with the supposed “fix” they added in this hot fix.

Is there any way you could add the radio station currently on to appear while driving? II know you can hold RB down and pick a station but it would be nice to see on the fly which station is currently on and which is being selected when pressing RB

If you watch the video you see he is comparing a 3900X and an Intel i9 10900k both of which have 20 threads but only the Intel is properly utilizing all threads. This note here says it does nothing for 8 core CPU's (which is what i have a Ryzen 3700X) and up...So this is why i'm asking as this does not cover this issue for owners of 8 core/16 thread CPUs and above. Them saying these CPUs are "working as intended" is 100% false.

Wow, I noticed this petition someone did asking CD Projekt Red to fix the Witcher 3's Ryzen CPU optimization. Seems like something is up.

N
Great work CDPR, you've done a great job getting this out. Looking forward to more updates and improvements to the game.
Post automatically merged:

My CPU only has 6 cores, 12 threads and is an older intel chip, no issues.
Because this is not an issue with Intel CPU's. This issue is only happening for Ryzen CPU owners.

Feel free to check the TECHNICAL section to see if this problem is already reported. If not, feel free to report it to support or create a thread about it, so devs can see it.
What section should we make the thread in?

Edit: Err nvm im dumb you said it in your comment, technical. Gonna make a thread now.

Edit 2: apparently there is already a thread asking the same question many of us 8 core/16 thread CPU and up owners are asking, and that is why only a fix for 6 core and under? Why are you saying 8 core/16 thread and above CPUs are "working as intended" when this is not true?

I still think I wont be able to play on stable 60FPS. Why did I buy this game after all? I dunno now... Game looks good, but why play if i cant get stable frames? I should have play on high according to the recommended specs, but that was a huge lie. I'm thinking about refund now... I wont buy new PC components for one game i was excited for 5 years, no thank u...

These are the very, very, urgent PC FIXES we need right now:

Walk TOGGLE for PC.
Run TOGGLE for PC.
Dodge key for PC.
Keyboard input customization.
Fix player character commonly appearing T-Posing above the vehicle when driving in 3rd person.
Fix the nudity (genitals appear covered in mirrors and in first person even with the censorship taken off, could make an AO only optional patch for adults).
Fix the player character appearing bald when checking mirrors while using any head item.
Fix for save corruption due to reaching maximum file size due to crafting.
Performance improvements for PCs.
Ray Tracing performance improvement for 2070 and 2080 (standard/super) cards.

But other than all of the above, game still needs some more minor tweaking and bug fixing, AND after that a lot more features, quests, activities, NPC behavior tweaking, AI tweaking... basically people want and expect Witcher 3 fully patched and with all DLCs level of quality, gameplay content, and polish to start with, base game, and after that then some more with new DLCs and whatnot.

Top Bottom