Hotfix 1.06 on the way (changelog inside)

+
Maybe release a patch that stabilizes this game, you released a downgraded garbage console port on PC that doesn't even work on consoles, with countless game breaking bugs, just look at your forums flooded with those.

CDProjekt amateur hour. Never again any game from this horrible freud company. They even delayed the release from last autumns to this spring, and all we got is garbage. Half of the customers are waiting to start their first walkthrough because they have doubts they could even progress in this garbage what you released as game.

And maybe release that patch this year, you lied from the very start about each patch (not one patch's changelog matches the actual thing the given patch does, you started to playing with game engine settings that just made things worse), you have horrible customer care, almost non-existent customer support, and every patch you release just makes the game worse and less stable.

You are lucky we are not in the same business and I am not your boss, half of you should find some other line of work.

Dude seriously, just get the hell out of here.

Dude seriously, just get the hell out of here.

If CDProjekt were to sell a bucket of shit, you would be first in line to buy it.

Keep up spreading the wisdom, I can see a lot of reasoning and fact stating in your reply.

Have you looked around on the forums, flooded with frustrated posts about not being able to play this properly?

Welcome to reality, my little zombie.

Last edited:
If CDProjekt were to sell a bucket of shit, you would be first in line to buy it.

Keep up spreading the wisdom, I can see a lot of reasoning and fact stating in your reply.

Have you looked around on the forums, flooded with frustrated posts about not being able to play this properly?

First off this "bucket of shit" you refer to has been completely stable for me for more than 80 hours. Fact. Having just arrived in Skellige I have so far encountered no game-breaking bugs in any of the quests mentioned here. Fact. Finally, I am enjoying the game immensely and see it as a work of art. Fact.

Maybe the real "bucket of shit" here is your PC? Or is it your brain? Because all I am seeing in your rubbish posts is a lot of ranting and tirading with no facts stated anywhere about any problem you are actually encountering.

Stop trolling and post something useful.

My only main annoyance so far is the NPC pop-in which has been mentioned time and again. Combat responsiveness needs a little more polish. Have encountered invisible rain once. Mutagen bug on load/fast travel is annoying. Other than that this game is in very good shape for me.

Last edited:
First off this "bucket of shit" you refer to has been completely stable for me for more than 80 hours. Fact. Having just arrived in Skellige I have so far encountered no game-breaking bugs in any of the quests mentioned here. Fact. Finally, I am enjoying the game immensely and see it as a work of art. Fact.

Maybe the real "bucket of shit" here is your PC? Or is it your brain? Because all I am seeing in your rubbish posts is a lot of ranting and tirading with no facts stated anywhere about any problem you are actually encountering.

Stop trolling and post something useful.

My only main annoyance so far is the NPC pop-in which has been mentioned time and again. Combat responsiveness needs a little more polish. Have encountered invisible rain once. Mutagen bug on load/fast travel is annoying. Other than that this game is in very good shape for me.

You are stating that all the people on these forums (and reddit) are just clueless, and their PC (or console) is the issue. Look around, my mentally challenged friend.

I am sorry, I can't help you., but I am also fully entitled to have my opinion, being a paying customer, who is treated like shit by this company.

Last edited:
People need to relax. They are working on most problems... If everything was THAT easy, problems would already be gone. Have some patience...

I played the entire game on patch 1.03 with the game release driver 352.86 (IIRC). Running a GTX 970 no less & OC'd to +100 core +250 mem with k-boost on (EVGA PX16), 16gb RAM, 8350 OC'd to 4.5Ghz. I believe I logged around 190 ~ 200 hours. Did every single quest in log. Gwent: Collect them all never completed as I was missing a minor card and I missed a couple minor fetch quests in Kaer Morhen I'll do after the expansion is released. Everything else was done and I did everything.

I had one true quest breaking bug
One of the Witcher Contracts has you getting a key to the basement of an unfinished house from a hafling and his sons, then you are supposed to investigate a frozen beehive, which leads to the house basement and double-locked doors. If you stumble on the house before talking to the quest giver but after getting the quest from notice board, the Wild Hunt hound won't spawn in the basement. Had to revert a save to before the area (lost about 30 minutes of play) and avoid the basement, frozen beehive, (basically entire area quest takes place) then immediately talk to quest giver and they take you to the beehive instead. Once you reach the basement that time, they give you the key there on the spot rather than back at their mansion and the hound spawns. If you visit them after having been to the area, Geralt comments he already saw the beehive despite not actually investigating it and bugs the quest.
Had a few other minor annoyances along the way but nothing that wasn't either avoided or only a nuisance.

If YOU actually want to play on PC and haven't started yet, and are running gog or have Steam and updates shut off, uninstall the game then reinstall it. Apply patch 1.02 so game will at least play, then try and at least find patch 1.03 as it offered a performance increase with hair works on "2" (assuming your card is good enough) and leave it at that. You'll be able to play the game. If you have most recent nvidia driver, roll it back to 352.86. The game will now work fine. I even forced 60 fps for pre-rendered scenes, upped mem in .ini to 1gb, and increased a couple other settings in .ini to improve distance read ahead which helped a bit with the pop in. Some completely random NPC still appeared late, but it seemed to lessen the effect. Cutscenes weren't as bad either. Leave tessellation stuff alone along with everything else. Seen people increasing other stuff to stupid levels (like water related options) which is pointless. Disable DSR unless you have a healthy card.

Last edited:
1- I dont know if this happened any other players but after i downloaded dlcs environment started slowing. Bushes and trees swing very slow, raining, snowing like a 1 fps. Without dlcs everything was fine. I play on laptop (i7 4720hq, 8gb, gtx980m, win8.1 x64) with high-ultra settings.
2- game locks "FN" button (i play on laptop). i can't even take screen shot which is not connected to "FN" button. i thought it may refer to my keyboard software but i can only alter the light of the screen while playing.
3- i think all players wrote about this but im writing anyway. inventory and crafting need to fix so bad. lots of glyphs but i can't combine them unless i create them. I hope you guys working on that.
4- i'm goint to start another round and i'd really don't like to see storytelling screen while using fast travel. i'm ok with loading screen or skip option.
5- who tests the game ? or is there any tester ?
6- im another complainer and will complain forever.
7- long live radovid!

Still no fixes to add birds taking a fat crap on your head as you adventure either. Anyhow they didn't say such fixes would be implemented in this patch. Maybe wait for the next big one.

Next big patch... the game's been out for a month. I've waited long enough.

Top Bottom