Hotfix 1.06 on the way (changelog inside)

+
it seems to me, that @ this time, only 3 people are bugfixing the game. and all of the main team of cdp is on holiday since the release. tell me if i'm wrong.

questions:
1. how many devs/people from cdp are doing bugfixes at the moment?
2. why is there so little info from cdp in this forum?
3. have you tested the game before release?
4. if yes, why nobody has noticed most of the obvious bugs?

i am curious!!!

Seriously? Dude, what are you talking about? The game runs preety smooth, with some MINOR and irrelevant frame drops. Maybe you PS4 is broken or something?

As for me, almost all the game is perfectly playable, but Novigrad at night or Novigrad plus rain (some other places where dust or other kind of particles are shown too). The particles shown by these conditions made the game unplayable. I don't know how many fps are dropped but I'm sure are a lot.

Do the test by yourself: get at Novigrad at night when the pyres are on fire and walk aroung. It's unplayable for me (and many other people). I prefer meditating until the daylight comes and the pyres turn off (at 6:00 am) and the game becomes playable, then there are no so bad fps dropping at all.

Last edited:
Gents, am I the only one who still cannot interact with the torch, thus not being able to get into the secret stash in Get Junior? I would somewhat appreciate... well, being able to do that quest >_>

Also wanted to point out, in case the respective thread about said subject was not seen by any of the community reps, that the Skellige quest Contract: Missing Son appears to be bugged for some people. Morvudd glitches out and does not blind Geralt at the necessary HP and cannot be killed. He just stands still and attempts to use the "Hypnotize" ability.

On PC and specs are:

i5 4460 / Win 8.1
GTX 770 / 8GB RAM

Seriously? Dude, what are you talking about? The game runs preety smooth, with some MINOR and irrelevant frame drops. Maybe you PS4 is broken or something?

Minor and irrelevant? This is a 15fps experience we are talking about. It happens in specific areas. Keep playing, you gonna get there ;)

---------- Updated at 03:01 PM ----------

The game is unplayable for most of ps4 users, and is unacceptable that CDPR will keep pretending they know nothing about it.

Last edited:
Wow, I see the anger from some people here... While it can be frustrating experience to have to live through bugs/glitches while waiting for CDPR to fix, I would hope that you can show a bit more control on your emotion as I believe that CDPR devs are doing all they can to fix those problems :respect:

Here is another clown telling people how and what should they do in their own lives. They are paying customers, and should be treated as such, they have every right to complain about an unfinished product, even more.

Last edited:
Can you look into the problem were "full screen" changes to "borderless window" each time you close and open the game again.

If you are using GOG, I've heard it can be caused by starting the game from GOG and then minimizing the GOG window.

If this is the case you can leave GOG in the background and start the game from a shortcut directly linking to the witcher3.exe.

First of all, hi to everybody!
I made an account just to show my gratitude for all you people in CD PROJECT RED team. I am big fan of the Witcher series. I was not able to pay for it this time and show my appreciation in the right way, but I hope that I will be able to fix that in time (sorry). Thanks for the GREAT work and thanks for believing in all of us Witcher fans.
No bug experience from my side so far, except "person in the cage without a key around". And there is one more problem, but it is the matter of myself, my graphic card is too weak to experience the beautiful world that you created in it's full greatness.
Thank you all, again, for all of your hard work. I wish you the best luck in the future. Don't ever become like EA, Ubisoft, and so on. (Although I already know that you won't. :) ) .
Best regards!

Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
Please fix bug with first meeting of Roche in the quest 'Get Junior' in the camp. It шы also common bug. It is highlighted in green, but there is no option to talk. Do not run the scene, it's not that hard to fix. There is a lot of people with this same bug!

This is something i noticed with the new patch once i pick a white dialogue option it stays white when previously it would become dark gray?

Anyone else has this?

If you were talking to me(???)

I was talking about the hotfix...which fixes a small amount of bugs...which are designed like that so it can be released quicker than a patch to fix important issues. Yet its been a week to release a hotfix that only fixes like 5 bugs.

It was meant as a general comment. I have limited coding experience but enough to know that most of the issues that people want immediately fixed are not something a hot fix can address. My point is that since some of the issues are platform specific you have to give them time. An issue like the failed objective in Magic Lamp could seem simple to fix but in all reality is caused by several broken scripts and that isn't simple to fix. I am getting a deja vu experience like when ME3 came out. Granted different circumstances but the amount of griping and type of griping (again not directed at you) is similar. The sun and the moon can't be delivered fast it takes time. They are going as fast as they can and are lisitning tto us which is evident in the fixes being fixed. They aren't ignoring us.

I've been posting this issue since 1.01 version of the game, and while it isn't fixed yet I'll keep doing it. Sorry for repeating myself over and over, guys, but I consider it enough important.

It's really annoying for anybody who likes taking this game calmly and going through the landscape watching daily life of people, the buildings, the environment, etc. I mean, people who really want to enjoy The Witcher 3 instead of going always running from "A" to "B" and looking for nothing more than quick action. I think that people who really enjoy/ want to enjoy this game, we do like watching things, "tasting" how implemented things are, etc. This game is beautiful.

But unfortunately we can't enjoy 100% yet, because of this annoying stuttering which is killing our game experience no matter we tray to evade this sensation.

I think that people who are always running from "A" to "B" galloping on Roach never figured out this issue, because they never walk on horse or take it calmly. But for the rest of people, I even know gamers who don't ride on Roach because of that, they hate ridding on horse despite Roach is a key implementation for the game.

PLEASE, fix it, PLEASE!!

Can't you see that the "problem" has NOTHING to do with "stuttering"? It is just the animation of the horse walking. It does a little skip to simulate what happens when you walk with an horse (if you would ever have done that you would know it).

Please don't use wrong terms to describe things or elsewhere the devs will never comprehend what the hell you are talking about. I wondered what this "horse stutter" was and now I understand what you people mean and it has nothing to do with stuttering.

It is just the animation. You can like it or not, but it is actually pretty realistic in fact (an horse while walking moves that way and gives that impression to you while it moves; in fact I was impressed when I first saw that walking horse animation because it seems very real).

Now people even ask to "fix" things that aren't broken. Please, there are a LOT of real problems to fix, as the LOD, POP-INS and broken quests, let's not mix in there these absurdities, thanks.

Last edited:
If you are using GOG, I've heard it can be caused by starting the game from GOG and then minimizing the GOG window.

If this is the case you can leave GOG in the background and start the game from a shortcut directly linking to the witcher3.exe.

This even happens from time to time, if you don't start the game via Galaxy client.

Practicum in Advanced Alchemy mission in Skellige does not acknowledge that I acquired the Distiller's notes before the mission. This in turn does not enable me to make alcohol. Please fix the bug. I can't make +30 level weapons without Advanced Alchemy diagrams. And I'm at level 30.

Top Bottom