Hotfix 1.06 Out Now on PC!

+
Nothing about Magic Lamp ? 2 weeks without fixing that bug ? How long I suppose to wait to play that game ? No one answer to my tickets, my private messages that I send to mods... This bug it`s here since the beggining... Please fix that bug!

[video=youtube;hKtXo-fdqBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtXo-fdqBE[/video]

This is the 'famous' magic lamp bug ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I thought it prevented you guys from completing the quest and so missing Keira's line of quests.... this is ridiculous, there are more than 200 quests, more than you ever will be able to complete, go play them.

On another subject, when will we be able to activate hairworks only for monsters? Or anybody found a way to do that? thanks.

Last edited:
ok,thats nuts.. you are not supposed to examine statues but to lighten up the vases under the statues in right order... lol, so not really a bug, you just misunderstood what game wants from you... sometimes you really need to read and pay attention whats being told in this game...

You can filter out all the items which you already have and don't need to make anymore. Look for filters on the page.

If it's amour/weapons you are talking about then read above about sorting the items correctly in the first place.

I was talking about diagram of low-level items, that i don't have anymore and i won't craft in the future because they're useless.

HaHa serious people.. One guy thought it was a bug, just because Geralt zoomed in and started walking slow wtf.. empty your inventory dood!
Yeah, that shit blew my mind.. poor guy was playing like that:facepalm: for about 3 weeks! ;)

Last edited:
STILL CAN't open crypt in Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear' after defeating first time wraith... whats going on!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to you folks @ CDPR, as most people throwing needless temper tantrums don't realize that making games for the modern PC is infinitely harder than consoles due to the millions of varying personal configs/programs/services on people's systems, I know that for myself I detest any default setting and habitually re-config all programs/games soon after install, hell, I don't even use my documents/videos/pics as everything save program/sys file gets a custom directory even my game installs are titled "D:\TZO_Games\GOG\"

So yeah, CDPR (And every other game co for that matter.) has to first, config game changes on a system with the default settings then, different OS/32/64 bit and general sys cofigs, as it would be impossible to design/debug systems with every differing sys configs/start up progs/3rd party program services/ that may be running to even render such bug fixes practical, as it would take 2000 year to do so!

So bitching and screaming (Instead of politely suggesting/commenting) at new bugs from new patches are pointless, as it is simply the nature of the beast and will more than likely be dismissed, as yet another example of a yammering PC neophyte that doesn't know what google is, or someone who still needs their mommy to cook their dinners for them...

The very fact that this company is so active in maintaining this game's continued stability via this forum's updates, should be a clear indication that they're still very much open to suggestions and feedback, without the stomping one's feet and throwing hissy-fits!

Caveat: If you do not fit the characteristic of hissy-fitter, then there is no need to be offended by the term hissy-fitter!

hy there...i'm new here and i would really like to say that until now my game worked just fine, but now it keeps crashing very often and i get the ''stopped working'' error from time to time which is very frustrating....can anyone help? a patch something? i mention that i close my internet connection, all my unnecessary programs and in game i have the settings on ultra except foliage and ambient oclusion with v-sinc off and hardware mouse off...my specs are those asus maximus VII , i7 4790, r9 290 oc trix 512 mb 4 gb, 16 gb with a nepton 280l and i mention that the game is installed on the ssd :) really need help

I'm still on 1.04 and when I get freezes when I make screenshots. What is weird, it only happens when I make the 2nd screenshot, so on the 1st press of Printscreen everything is fine, it's the second one that freezes the game. Funnily enough the screenshot is still saved to my HDD even though the game has frozen. I use SweetFX, but lately I've had it toggled off and I have no idea why that happens still.

All I ask is a storage in every inn..............please guys..... I beg you.... why did you remove the storage feature that witcher 1 & witcher 2 both have. :facepalm:
why??????? what is the point of it??????
It's so cruel to make me sell my equipment

Last edited:
All I ask is a storage in every inn..............please guys..... I beg you.... why did you remove the storage feature that witcher 1 & witcher 2 both have. :facepalm:
why??????? what is the point of it??????
It's so cruel to make me sell my equipment

I also can't understand this decision.
Now i have about 30k gold because i have to sell all the good stuff as i can't carry that much.
This should not be the point in any Witcher game, to have such a lot amount of money but what should i do? Throw everything away? lol
Best way to handle that would be like in Skyrim, buying houses in bigger cities/villages where you can place all the swords, trophies & other stuff.
Or at least the normal storage feature like in the old games.

Most annoying thing is that when you want to craft better versions of your equipment, you always need the "old version" of it.
So for third generation of special armour you have to craft first generation, then second one to build the third one.
Normally i would simply keep all these things in some chest or whatever. Whats the problem about that?!

Otherwise the Inventory is always overloaded with older armour as i do not know when i want/can craft the better version of it.

Br, Fletcher

Please CDPR help me.... I found Hyalmar before the quest and I've got an infinite dark screen load before fighting the giant. I don't have any saves before this bug and I'm at 30hours of game between this quest and now. My objectives are 'Find Hyalmar' ( I did it ) and 'Kill the giant' ( black screen ). I'm on XboxOne and I hope you will fix this bug in your next patch. Thank you

Excellent. Where is the patch?

Hotfix 1.06 has just been released for PC. Please check the list of changes below.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

The console version is on the way.

Great. I need to manually download the patch. Through the GOG Galaxy loader, it tells me there is a "disk access error" - presumably because I have the game files in a different folder than the default...

hope someone can answer me from the developers or gamers . Do you need to install the patch chronogically ? I have the day1 patch installed ....and latest patch i saw is 1.6 ....can i install 1.6 directly or need to go 1.2 then 1.3 etc . PC user here by the way .

Thanks.

hope someone can answer me from the developers or gamers . Do you need to install the patch chronogically ? I have the day1 patch installed ....and latest patch i saw is 1.6 ....can i install 1.6 directly or need to go 1.2 then 1.3 etc . PC user here by the way .

Thanks.

I use GOG.com for the patches, and, there, you only have to download the newest patch.

forgot to mention . i dont have any internet at home .....i am just downloading the patch from my friend ....the reason i asked is if it doesnt need to be chronogically installed , i will tell my friend to just download 1.06....

forgot to mention . i dont have any internet at home .....i am just downloading the patch from my friend ....the reason i asked is if it doesnt need to be chronogically installed , i will tell my friend to just download 1.06....
I can confirm you can go from the first patch (the one you need just to start the game) to the 1.5.
I Just buy a small ssd and reinstall the game.
I didn't try 1.6 yet. The game is runing with out troubles for me. I will wait for the next big patch.

I can confirm you can go from the first patch (the one you need just to start the game) to the 1.5.
I Just buy a small ssd and reinstall the game.
I didn't try 1.6 yet. The game is runing with out troubles for me. I will wait for the next big patch.

same thing, up to 1.5 only..thanks...tried 1.6 and game cannot run..black screen ony.....need to patch day 1patch again to work...

Thanks.

I have a suggestion for the next update can you guys make as get Geralt able to loot herbs on the horse ? it will make a lot of easier

Top Bottom