Hotfix 1.12

+
If you are on PC try to do a file validation AFTER updating your graphic driver. I have to do this after every patch to get the game to run. It finds my Key binding file that I hand edit, replaced the file then the game runs fine. THEN I replace the file again with my modified file but the game still runs fine.

Very suspicious behavior but it works to get the game to run while still using my personally preferred key bindings.

Hotfix 1.12 is now available on PC.

This update addresses the vulnerability that could be used as part of remote code execution (including save files):
  • Fixed a buffer overrun issue.
  • Removed/replaced non-ASLR DLLs.
Thanks. :)

Fix the Blood Pump / Cyberarm bug/conflict.

CAN NOT use Blood Pump if you install any of the Cyberarm implants. This makes no sense has to be a bug FIX IT ALREADY!

This it literally a bug that had stopped me playing the game, and I WILL NOT play the game until this bug is fixed.

Yamashi clarified in his post that it's not CDPR that is blaming the modders but due to vague description media and external websites started blaming modders for this. IamLoco1337 is either misinterpreting what Yamashi wrote and did not read the clarification or is gaslighting on purpose.

Fair enough about @IamLoco1337 , although Yamashi does indicate the information provided by CDPR here:
is false - thus the misleading part was not only media and "people in general", but the origin is again CDPR doing a "NOPR" job. Rushing in to make public statements needs moderation (both puns intended :) ).

His statement here reads:
Ok, I feel like I need to say something, this kind of bad practice has to stop.
What CDPR posted above is WRONG, it isn't caused by an external DLL, the vulnerability is caused by a buffer overflow in a function they use to load strings, this function is used more than 100 times in the game, it is used to load the save games, the archive assets and other parts that we haven't investigated. This is 100% CDPR's fault, it isn't anybody else's fault. This is caused by a lack of proper unit testing.

What happened to owning up to your mistakes CDPR?
Addendum:
I am not saying CDPR explicitly said mods are an issue here, my problem is with the incorrect information and vague description leading to of course many people, including media sites, to misunderstand and think the issue here is mods. Phrasing it like "We have been made aware of a vulnerability in the game's code making it possible to execute code in the game by loading a malicious save, therefore we recommend you stay away from custom saves and archive assets until we release a patch for this" would in my opinion have been a lot better.
Please, in the future, use more transparency, your players only want to play a great game, showing you care and explaining what's going on won't hurt you.

So, yeah, again good job on pre-release fanfare and excellent PR that helped hype the game to the sky and create a sales record on day 1, but the reflexes and reactions still kind of suck (lag-too-much?). CDPR please make sure you put out correctly validated/accurate info and precise wording to avoid such misinterpretations. Public statements suck, don't they..?

Where is PR now..? Please try to get your bearings folks... this starts to look sad.

At least patches are coming out, this is something - it remains to be seen if the few new claims about the game being broken again after 1.12 become validated...

Last edited:
Since I patched 1.12 today (using the GOG-Version), the game freezes for about 4 seconds, works 4 seconds, freezes again and so on. The game is unplayable. What a shame! That's just right, punctually on a Friday evening, a free funny gaming weekend in sight. Also, I haven't had a sound since patch 1.12. :( Played about 50 hours so far, until yesterday it runs without bigger issues.

I'm pretty perplexed right now. Any advice?

My Hardware: AMD 5600x, Radeon 6800xt, 32gb DDR4-3600mhz/cl16, 1TB SSD pcie4

Last edited:
thank you

Hotfix 1.12 is now available on PC.

This update addresses the vulnerability that could be used as part of remote code execution (including save files):
  • Fixed a buffer overrun issue.
  • Removed/replaced non-ASLR DLLs.
[/QUOTE]

I feel really bad for all the people affected by the launch issues, but personally I haven't encountered anything that has broken my ability to play the game. I put 450 hours in to CP2077 so far and don't have plans to stop, even though my main file is completely cleared and 100%.

These hotfixes show CDPR's determination to repair the damage the launch caused, and yet all you kids are still here acting like somehow CDPR is personally shitting on you and you alone, and somehow violating your inalienable gamer rights - which don't actually exist.

CDPR told us the game wasn't ready by pushing it back and pushing it back. You all should have been ready for this. Your own hype is to blame here, not CDPR.

Hey, so, you're supposed to get athletic exp when you're running around NC, aren't you? I did up until 1.1, and haven't got any exp from running since then. On purpose? Side effect? Bug before 1.1? Bug after? All I know is I used to get it, and now I don't.

I feel really bad for all the people affected by the launch issues, but personally I haven't encountered anything that has broken my ability to play the game. I put 450 hours in to CP2077 so far and don't have plans to stop, even though my main file is completely cleared and 100%.

These hotfixes show CDPR's determination to repair the damage the launch caused, and yet all you kids are still here acting like somehow CDPR is personally shitting on you and you alone, and somehow violating your inalienable gamer rights - which don't actually exist.

CDPR told us the game wasn't ready by pushing it back and pushing it back. You all should have been ready for this. Your own hype is to blame here, not CDPR.

I understand the attempt at a positive vibe, yet this is not what happened and the fact that some people have had a bug-free and good experience cannot detract from the facts. Even developpers are now starting to call out CDPR for very questionable marketing and over-hyping.

"We" are not just thanking CDPR for letting us have fun, the same way that "we" were not self-hyping the game - we all did pay a fair amount of money and CDPR did an amazing job at marketing this game, even by making its own Night City Wire series to cater for that "gamer hunger for m0ar detailz" (I don't have to mention the numerous presentations at big events all the years before 2020).

And CDPR was not really sincere in letting everyone know the game wasn't ready for launch, this is what Larian studios do (and many other studios using Kickstarter for funding for example) when they let you know you are playing an early release game at full price, so you take your risks - and they let you participate in shaping final content. But I bet Larian did not make the sh1tl0@d of money CDPR made from launch - nor do refunds due to the PS4/Xbox botched release seem to have changed this all that much. CDPR still got rich from it and they only got financial backlash by managing to hurt themselves publicly, making their shares drop like flies. Here we are just participating in making final content suck less as time goes by, not really the same by comparison, is it?

I really like CDPR's games a lot - I think the Witcher 3 is one of the best RPGs (if not the best RPG) I have played (for my tastes anyway) and I also really enjoy a relatively bug-free experience so far with CP2077 (with the exception of one broken main quest and a few quirks here and there). That doesn't mean I will not join others at criticizing questionable ethics and behavior. After all, this will help CDPR remove the root causes that made this mess and become a better company - trying to play nice and just thank them for an amazing job a few enjoy and others not so is not useful feedback, I would think.

Hey, so, you're supposed to get athletic exp when you're running around NC, aren't you? I did up until 1.1, and haven't got any exp from running since then. On purpose? Side effect? Bug before 1.1? Bug after? All I know is I used to get it, and now I don't.
what is your Athletics level? like all things, XP required scales up while XP earned does not - so you earn less over time. could this be the case?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, but I can't take comparing Larian to CDPR seriously, especially while Larian is currently butchering my favourite IP of all time in their shitty turn-based abattoir.

CP2077 launch was blown out of proportion by a fanbase who expected to have their places tickled by divine intervention and ended up with a piece of software that did almost everything, but not all, that it promised instead. CDPR absolutely made it clear that the game wasn't ready in the language of their continual delay postings, but people chose not to read the words and instead complained about the wait. No sympathy for that kind of anger towards the game.

I was there for the Anarchy Online launch. I beta'd for them. I bought the game launch day, and suffered through 6 months of ACTUAL unplayable game before FunCom managed to fix things enough to make it playable, and begin work on fixing the rest. AO became one of the greatest MMO of all time, and FunCom today is one of the most respected publishers/developers in gaming history. CDPR is on the same page as FunCom, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't applying critical thought to the whole situation, they are just reacting.

Last edited:
what is your Athletics level? like all things, XP required scales up while XP earned does not - so you earn less over time. could this be the case?
It is not, his Athletics are Level 4. I only noticed it because I started him after Patch 1.1. All my Vs previously got exp for just running around the city, and he hasn't.

I mean, unless this means my game has been bugging out in a different way that's affecting this? All I know is something's changed. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom