Hotfix 1.21

+
Thinking of getting back to Cyberpunk. But I have a small query:

Do I need to start a new game after these new updates?

If the answer is 'Yes', Do I have to start a new character or can I start with an early manual save from an existing save game because I really like the character I made there and haven't played it a lot.
Personally, I would start from scratch, since some players mentioned in the forum that some bugs were still present, even though the 1.2 patch or the hotfix 1.21 were supposed to resolve them. I started a new character after patch 1.2. That being said, it's also because I already completed my first playthrough by the time Patch 1.2 came out.

Last edited:

If the answer is 'Yes', Do I have to start a new character or can I start with an early manual save from an existing save game because I really like the character I made there and haven't played it a lot.

I downloaded an early save from before 1.2 I had finished in January, and used it without problems.

Personally I continued with an existing save and then started a new playtrough and both worked perfectly fine on 1.21. But then again I had no gamebraking bugs since release date and this is my 3rd playtrough. And I'm playing on base PS4 so this is probably not a popular opinion :)

Did CP get an unannounced update today? Pretty sure it's moved in my update list since yesterday. It was after some other updates before, but now it's before them, usually indicating a new update. (XB1)

Did CP get an unannounced update today? Pretty sure it's moved in my update list since yesterday. It was after some other updates before, but now it's before them, usually indicating a new update. (XB1)
No CP update for me on XBSX, verified not an hour ago :)

Well its been 2 weeks and I would expect a hotfix every 2 weeks now?! :) Hopefully this week...and this time with a traffic improvement. Dear god in heaven help us all

great....since patch 1.21 judy has a big texture problem with her hair when wearing her blue shorts.
I hope that will be quickly corrected because it is awfull. a lot of people havs the same bug
Post automatically merged:

before the patch everything was ok.
the first 2 photos after 1.21
the last photo before when everything was ok

What happened?
It seems there is no SSAO for the hair and it's not casting shadows.

Been playing most days for nearly 2 months on a base PS4. Started on Version 1.11, finished up on Version 1.21 last week. Hardly saw any problems at all. Awesome game! Can't wait for the DLC in due course. 🏆

Screenshot_20210425-211428_PS App.jpg

ive played it for few mounts now , and its great most of glitches are gone if feels playable now, even if they roll fixes slower now it will eventually happen, so we can expect a year long development to get state of joy...

The branch "public" on steamdb has been updated smth like 5 mins ago. New patch incoming?

The branch "public" on steamdb has been updated smth like 5 mins ago. New patch incoming?
Could you explain to me what I'm looking at and how to udnerstand those numbers??

Could you explain to me what I'm looking at and how to udnerstand those numbers??
Just scroll down and you'll see a list of branches (public, gfn, cdprinternal_qa etc.) and next to them the time they've been updated the last time. Usually when the branch "public" is updated it means that a patch is imminent, because the testing on all platforms is concluded and the patch got a "certification" in order to be released. Instead, when you see updates on the cdprinternal_qa it means they are working on the patch but the whole process is not concluded yet, that means they have to test the patch and check if there are bugs, issues and so on.

What significance does changing the "public" one have?

OOOH, so that's what it is! Thanks!! :oops:

(PC) A lot of fixes, gj. :) But.... i see that the issue with the weapon "Defender" isn´t fixed, you can only use one modslot, at the moment i have the "Epic" version and i can only use one mod even though there are 2 slots.. Also played the quest "The Hunt" (River story line) recently and there are a lot of bugs, Forex: when you are in the trailer looking for clues and you scan and pick up the pills and the key, the map marker indicates them again when you leave the trailer, if you go back in they are there again. This quest has a lot of small bugs. Suggestion: play it and see for yourself.
Also the ability to look at yourself in the mirror is irritating, as soon as you enter a small toilet with a mirror it triggers the "look in the mirror thing" and you cant loot whats in there, you should have too actually look at the mirror for this to trigger.
And pls fix this for the next patch: When you are having an conversation with someone, you get a phonecall that you can´t dismiss... then you get two conversations at the same time and the immersion is gone. sry for sounding grumpy but these things irritate me.
I like the game but it could have been epic/iconic.

Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?
No, i dont use any mods, and not in the past either.

Last edited:
SMT for all ryzen chips or at least a damn toggle in settings..... 8+ core chips do benefit from it. I'm getting sick of downloading the update just to redo the god damn hex edit to allow for smt

Worked, had a bug with frozen NPCs not reacting. Started new game, same thing. Suspect threading issues. Can't post my own thread...

Top Bottom